OMG Aaron Maybin has been working out with Laron Landry & Micheal Phelps

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jun 30, 2012.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Aaron Maybin has been working out with Leon Landry and MICHAEL PHELPS

Hopefully Phelps perfects Maybin's swim pass rush technique.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

seems like everyone on this jets team really wants to prove everyone wrong, especially aaron maybin. if he bulks up so he could stop the run and keeps his quickness he'll be a valuable weapon at OLB.

it kinda sucked because when we put him in last year teams knew we were playing the pass and hes blitzing, but atleast now it wont be a given.

im excited to see how he does next year

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Clearly someone has photo shopped Tebow's arms on Maybin's body.

4. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

He was holding a 25 pound camera........

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

That’s it!...

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Shame that if he is as good as most of us hope, there wont be a prayer on the world that we can afford to keep him.

I guess we can just be glad getting a 3rd round comp pick for him

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

That’s something that’s been in the back of my mind... I kind of wish they singed him to a 2 year deal.

Hopefully we can still sign him at the end of this season, if of course he turns into what we hope for.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If hes even a mediocre every down backer with 8 + sacks id expect him to get at least 8m + a year.

If hes a beast forget about it, he could command crazy money. Not Mario Williams money, but definitely enough that wed have to trade Revis just to bring him back

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Just for comparative purposes here are some FA OLB contracts from this year

I always guess its possible to maybe tag him, for a year. But I kinda expect that to go to DK

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, maybe if he shows promise early in the season and preseason, Tanny can give him an extension to where he would get a lot less than market value. Pass rushers are hard to come by (as we know so well around here), so if he does get 10+ sacks and is not a minus in the run game, he could be looking at a lot of money.

I guess that is another story for another day, all we can do is hope he can live up to some of our expectations.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Im not a nutritional expert and I understand that this kind of size is achievable, but I have to admit the first thing that popped in to my mind is steroids. They may not be taking steroids necessarily, but they are taking something. These guys are just tremendous in the league today.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Calories + Protein + Hard work is truly the bulk of it

These leagues dont fuck around when it comes to drug testing, thats why alot of these guys get monsterly big in college when its eaiser to get away with it

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

'Calories + Protein + Hard work" can surely get you bulked up over time, but does it work the same in the short term ? I mean, can you go from being decent sized to a freaking hulk in just a summer ?

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Most people can easily put on 1 pound a week with a little effort.

And no it will not be all muscle.

In Maybins case he put on < 1 pound a week I believe, so nothing too crazy there.

People dont realize the huge impact that stored water + glycogen (carbohydrates) will make on both the scale and visual appearance.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

He will probably play at 245 once season rolls arond. Either way he's wayyyyy bigger. Hope the fact he's bigger than he's ever been doesn't make him stiff in the hips. And obbviously hope the added mass helps him get off block instead of running laps around blockers

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

15 sacks isn't too much to ask with our cover DB's and our stop interior rush. Maybin gonna reek havoc this year

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: I was waiting for the first darksider to post some negative nonsense about this. There can't ever be positive Jets news, guys. Everything is bad. EVERYTHING!

Maybin could be THAT guy this year. Hopefully it all pans out. He could become more than a situational guy now. This is really good! Our team is gonna be a bunch of bruisers on D.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he is beginning to look alot like vernon gholston...

dont get your panties all bunched up until he starts playing and actually shows he has some kind of a clue how to play his position. thus far he hasnt shown that. and no matter how much we WANT him to have 15 sacks and be an everydown back it doesnt mean its going to happen.

19. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

lol what? gl

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

Nice positive report on Mayhem...

Of course a couple of SOJFs couldnt just enjoy it and had to add steroid accusations or play amateur GMs and capologists.

I'll just sit back and let Mr T work his usual magic in getting Mayhem resigned

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2