Old Man Joe says...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Aug 30, 2011.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The sheer stupidity of this comment is barely worth the time that it takes me to type these words. NEWSPHUCKINGFLASH: Joe Namath has been around long before and long after rich kotite and bruce coslet exited stage left.

If somebody wants to ask Joe about Burress, he has every right to give his opinion. If it makes a few of you pussies get all upset, FU - deal wid it. the man told the truth as he sees it. That is what he has been doing his whole life and it is refreshingly AWESOME - especially in this era where the media is full of morons playing it safe.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Listen, Joe will always have a place within this franchise. The man is a legend. But he's also embarrassed himself and the franchise on numerous occasions with his antics and his ramblings. If you guys can't see that, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

And if you don't tone down your posting style and keep it civil, you'll earn a ban. That's your warning.

The point i was making with the Coslet/Kotite regimes was that Joe never said a peep when the team was losing...but now that the team is a contender, he's craving the spotlight. Guess what, this isn't about Namath anymore.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Joe is a loudmouthed drunk. His schtick was fine in the 60's, but he still has the same lame ass jokes, and is generally annoying.

Thanks for what you did, but stop talking old man.

4. Namathian

Namathian New Member

MBGreen,
    Your warning to AbdulSalam is uncalled for. I understand where he's coming from.
    There is no way that I can explain it to younger posters, but maybe you can just trust me on this: for Jets fans to put down Namath is AT LEAST as tough to watch as Cheatriots fans coming on here and dumping hard on Rex, Mark, etc.

Am I delighted with everything Joe has ever said/done? No. But if anybody wants to come down on Joe, then maybe they should take it to a Pats or Giants forum.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no, it wasn't uncalled for. His posts have been abrasive for awhile now and I gave him a fair warning. Just so you know, questioning a mod's authority is a bannable offense too.

You know my opinion on Namath, it doesn't need to be repeated.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Just because the man won a Super Bowl, doesn't give him license to talk as much as he does about the team. He has no clue.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If the Jets win the Superbowl this season...I could see Joe running from out of the crowd, and asking Goodell to hand him the Lombardi trophy first, before the rest of the team.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

i want to kiss you, roger.

9. Namathian

Namathian New Member

Children.

'Nuff said.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

[​IMG]

11. nixhead

nixhead Banned

Joe is a big boy - he's been critisized before. You think he cares if some 15 year old punk that never even watched Joe play says bad things about him? I think not. Joe has earned the right to his opinions and Joe Namath is the Godfather of the New York Jets.
    Anybody that critisizes Joe probably does'nt even know the history of the New York Jets and should'nt even be allowed on these boards. Administrator - please make up a simple Jets quiz that anybody wanting to be on these boards must pass. Lets keep the real Jet fans in and the trash out. Thank You!

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why are a large percentage of Namath fans absolute fucking crack pots. Very few are even reasonable. They read like a whose who of the tri state areas registered sex offenders.......

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

[​IMG]

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You never saw O.J. pimpin' for the Bills.