Ok I'll say it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Sep 26, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if the mods got rid of all the nonsense there wouldn't be enough people for the site to exist

Jets-N-Terps and Acad23 like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think if a vote was taken he'd be off the island...

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Do coaches and players only look at good plays? You won’t learn much about a player if you only look at one portion of their game.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think everyone would get plenty of votes, myself included. lots of animosity here for some unknown reason

Noam likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The only posters I saw trying to pin the INT on Zach disappeared once he started balling. That should tell you all you need to know.

Falco21 likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Have you read Brad's posts today?

Most will dissappear and hide during good times. Then root hard against the Jets and then come out with everything they have at the first sign if adversity. But not Brad he us doubling down on his comments and us in fully hysteria lunatic mode. He must not have got the message to lay low for a few weeks.

cval and Falco21 like this.
  8. bicketybam

He's on ignore but every now and then I'll opt out and see what he's writing.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I do the same and put most of the trolls on ignore. But, it is sometimes amusing to see how crazy they can go in their hate of Zach and the Jets. I took Gazed's advice on the ignore. It makes the forum a much nicer place.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

It is pretty obvious, that despite some early season hiccups, that Zach's floor is pretty close to Darnold's ceiling. I wish Sam well, I do not like when posters on this forum root against him, but he just does not have the "it" factor. Sam is a good kid and I hope he does well, and if in the end it makes us look bad, so be it, but I doubt that will be the result. For Zach, the sky is the limit, though it is obvious there is a long way to go, both in his learning the game and in terms of surrounding him with the right kind of help. There are no guarantees with Zach, but when the opportunity arises to grab a kid who has legitimate franchise QB potential, you dont stick with a Darnold caliber QB, you take that risk and draft that kid. Zach is the first QB the Jets have ever drafted since Namath that I am really excited about.

Now, I was hoping that Douglas had done enough talent upgrading on the O, so that next year's draft could focus on the D. That does not appear to be the situation. We still need at least one more above average O lineman and a true threat at TE. Retaining Crowder could be key, I really think this guy is under rated glue. Last week should have proved that.....again. We also need another top caliber wideout. I say finish the O in the next off season and wait one more year on the D if necessary.

I am 1000% in Zach's corner. I hope it happens sooner rather than later, but if it takes a full season or two for Zach to figure things out, I can wait, after all it has been 50 years and counting. My money is that in the end this kid will get it done.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How may consecutive wins did Sam give us?

I wanna see 2 wins in a row...is that asking too much from kid Wilson?

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing about the draft, but JD may be able to address both equally due to how many picks we have. A lot will depend upon how players play the rest of the year, which of our FAs he chooses to extend or re-sign, and who makes it to FA. IMO the big needs on offense are RG, C and TE. We probably need another RB, but one can be found in the 4th or 5th round or even in FA. If they are high on Mims and he is developing, and they bring back Berrios, Smith and either Crowder or Cole and add a TE or two, I don't think the need for another high level WR will be as great. There are something like 5-6 good TEs who could make it to FA next year. If JD can sign one and draft one, and keep Kroft, our TE position should be vastly improved. We have a need at FB, but that will be addressed in FA or in a lower round. If they replace McGovern then a C will probably need to be taken in round 1. We could conceivably take a RG in round 2 or 3. Since Fant is playing well and Moses pretty well, I would expect both to be back if they continue to play well. JD may look to draft another swing OT, but again, that wouldn't be in the 1st round.

Our DL is set unless we have a chance to draft Thibodeaux or another top Edge prospect. I think the same thing goes for CB and Stingley. Even then, JD may opt to trade down to get additional picks. Two of our three LB positions should be set with Mosely and Q. Williams. If either Sherwood or Nasirildeen can raise their level of play, LB may not be a need except maybe for depth. If Maye is not back, as I expect him not to be, then FS may be our biggest need on D, but it isn't a high priority position. They may bring back Joyner, Davis may prove to be their new FS, or they may switch one of Sherwood and Nasirildeen back to SS/FS.

So all of this goes to say that he could possibly take an Edge with our 1st round pick and a C with Seattle's 1st round pick. Then with our 2nd round pick he could take a TE and a S with Carolina's 2nd round pick. He could take a RG with our 3rd round pick, then with our 4th round pick take a LB and a RB with Carolina's 4th round pick. If he trades down from our 1st round pick and adds another 2nd and 3rd round pick, he could do even more to address both units.

#312 NCJetsfan, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Noam and Jeff M like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So based on a four game sample in which he's been relatively bad in three of them, we can deduce what his floor and ceiling are?

He played great last week, guys, and we're all desperate to see winning football, but let's see what happens...

14. bicketybam

I don't think he was bad in his first ever NFL game that was on the road. I thought he actually did OK considering he had almost no help.

He was definitely awful in games 2 and 3. Game 4 he was very good, not great.

KY Jets Fan, REVISion and PJ4Ever like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's never an in between. If Zach throws 4 picks and we get killed by the 1-3 Falcons, people will be talking about billboards for Rickety Cricket.

cval and Red Menace like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The point was less about his performance and more about drawing any reasonable conclusion about his professional outlook only a quarter of a season into his career.

Ralebird and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. bicketybam

Well there are those that have his career dead and buried after 4 games and think we should be looking to draft a QB at the top of the draft next year. You are going to have people on both sides. I'm in wait and see mode. I managed to last 2+ years with Darnold before I threw in the towel. Wilson should at least get 2 years. And I still think he has some stinkers left in him. He just a rookie.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time trying to figure that one out

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't think we can say what he will be. We can see the WoW plays, we can see the pocket presence, we can see how evades rushers, we can see the intelligence and we can see the dedication. But, he has not shown the ability to consistently make routine plays that move the chains. Yes, that is hard to do under a rush with pressure up the middle and without a running game but he is still inconsistent making these plays. We need to him show this consistency before we can make much of a judgment.

That being said Zach was not the problem in weeks 1 through 4. It has been a team effort with bad pass protection, bad running game, bad blitz pickup, 14 dropped balls, 4 INTs caused by reciever mistakes, Zach being over aggressive, trying to do too much and holding the ball too long. It is even harder in a timing system that is complicated and requires everyone to be on the same page. This is a year of learning and growing pains.

There was improvement in many areas in week 4 in pass protection and in Zach getting rid of the ball fast or running and in blitz pickup. The recievers also helped Zach more as well. His improvement is very dependent on how fast the team improves.

Overall Zach has been impressive the 1st 4 games in a tremendously adverse environment. You can see him adjusting and improving. But, he has a long way to go before we can say he is the QB we have been waiting for or the reverse. I expect a lot more downs than ups but it is exciting to watch him and this team develop.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I completely ignore the negativity on Wilson. For starters, I don’t care which rookie QB you pick nor in which year, I’ll say this. Anyone, but anyone, who presumes to know unequivocally after four games a QB potential ceiling versus floor, without even the benefit of accounting for a myriad of team variables and personnel performance, is either completely oblivious to football in the NFL or has a real serious bias agenda he is trying to stroke himself with.
    From my view point, With all the warts and ugliness of rookie woes, with a struggle and developing supporting cast, a significant number of drops that far out weigh his poor throws, if you don’t see the magic and potential of this kid on the field, and just focusing on the poor throws, you are completely missing the big picture. But hell whatever rocks your boat.
    To me, I see glimpses of talent the likes of which we have not seen in Jets land for over twenty years. What I see is that wow that I never saw with Sam or anyone else since O’Brien.
    And so for year one I just hope for small improvements from week to week and happily ignore the premature fire everyone BS for once.