Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ill Will

Ill Will Member

Low ball in the LH hitters wheel house thank you

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Choi my boy!!!

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

From a commanding 3-0 lead to now only up 3-2.

I'm getting worried. Game 6 is do or die for my Rays because game 7 would be too much pressure on these young kids

4. Ill Will

Ill Will Member

I'm blaming you for your declaration that it was over the other day. Just kidding :)

Man I sure would hate to see them lose this. My interest in MLB would be over for the year

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

1-0 Rays bottom 4th with our ACE BLAKE SNELL on the mound!

It's been 12 long years since we've made our first and only World Series appearance but damnit man can I taste it again!!

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Might have to pump my breaks like Dierking likes to tell me. Just like that. 3-1 Astros.

I'll admit. If we lose tonight, I think we're done for. To be up 3-2? And then 3-3 series tied after 3 loses in a row? Game 7 would be a lot of pressure on us a young team damnit man I pray we can come back tonight

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Series tied 3-3. Game 7 it is. I did not expect Houston to come roaring back like this after being down 0-3. I didn't believe for a second these Rays would lose 3 in a row like this. I'll be the first to admit, if TB fails to win game 7? Omg. Will become one of the biggest sporting baseball choke jobs of all time. I'm worried because Houston now has all the momentum and my Rays confidence seems shot and we've got no momentum and outside of Randy our lineup has been struggling. Damnit man

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Well this certainly took an unexpected turn.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. It has. Baseball is a humbling sport. Up 3-0 and I was dreaming of a World Series appearance. Now 3-3 and I'm fearing one of the biggest and worst choke jobs in postseason sports history.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Momentum in baseball only lasts until your next starting pitcher. Who’s on the hill today?

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Morton for the Rays

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’ll be rooting for the rays to take out the cheaters .

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was certain that without Cole for the Astros that this series would not go 7 games because Cole dominated us 3x last year and we still took them 7 games before losing the series. I was wrong.

30 minutes away from game time and my nerves are on thin ice. I'm anxious, excited and worried all @ the same time.

This franchise has been through so much from being the laughing stock of the league as the Devil Rays with 100 loss seasons like no tomorrow, no fans in the stands (although our TV Ratings are always through the roof), not getting approved for our waterfront stadium, almost having to split 50% of our games in Montreal before our city Mayor cancelled that awful thought (I would have quit on baseball), to possibly still moving come 2028 once our lease at the Trop expires and still to this day having the 2nd to lowest payroll in baseball etc etc and to imagine blowing a 3-0 ALCS postseason lead and not making the World Series for the first and only time since 2008 of 12 years ago? I can not imagine.

I want this game 7 so bad. This is more than just a game 7. This game will make or break baseball here in the TB area. We lose this game? Baseball will die in St. Pete. However if we're able to advance tonight and win the WS vs either LAD or ATL? Baseball will be here forever. We will not lose this team in 8 years if we're able to win a WS title. This is more than a game 7. This is really do or die for my baseball team.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Let's go Rays!!!

I'll either be celebrating or crying after this game.

I'm glad the wait is over and game 7 has finally arrived. The wait has been bothering me since last night.

Charlie Morton with a beautiful top of the 1st inning throwing 97-98 and escaped the 1st with only 11 pitches thrown.

Omg. It's so important we jump off to a lead tonight. To build back our teams young confidence. Falling down by even 1 run could break our spirits as a ball club.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

2-0 Rays!!!!

Randy does it again with a two run bomb here in the 1st!!!!!

Yes baby yes! 7 postseason home runs an MLB ROOKIE RECORD!!!!

THIS CUBAN BORN IS NOW AN MLB SUPERSTAR!!!

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not only did we put up 2 runs there in the first but also worked Houston's starter Lance for 30 pitches!

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

3-0 Rays HR Zunino here in the 2nd and Lance Jr already @ 50 pitches!!!

18. Dierking

Just tuned in. Morton looking dialed in. Good sign, but the stros can strike fast. This is a nice game to watch without a strong rooting interest.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes Charlie Morton is locked and loaded and super focused out there tonight. I was super worried he'd come out with jitters but he's been outstanding.

Astros definitely have a lineup that can quick strike however once the Rays gain a 3 run lead it'll become extremely difficult for Houston to mount a comeback due to Morton along with our bullpen and defense.

You're right though. Plenty of baseball left (bottom 4th) and another 2-3 runs from TB would be the dagger

20. Dierking

Dusty with the quick hook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.