Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Even with the Rays' success, 50% of Tropicana Field was still Red Sox fans.

2. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Hey jerk. I have read your posts about young boys and little children; YOU don't want me to get started on that. I promise you that. You are staring at somebody that will kick you all around THE GANG GREEN. Take the warning.

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

I made a thread about the Rays, talking about how we just swept the Red Sox. I'm excited and after following the Rays for over 10 years, I have every right to be pumped up. Nothing anyone says on this message board about the Rays, the Players, the Trop, the team, the fans can make me feel any different about this exciting Rays squad of 2008. And the Future IS bright.

Feel free to keep on trying though.

And just so everyone knows...

Just about EVERY young Rays talent and prospects are signed long term

Nothing you all say can make me feel any different about this Team... Nothing.

4. TampaBayJetsFan85

wow... Sounds like he's some type of child pedofile or something sick like that? Sounds like you hate this guy, I wont lie... He seems kinda weird to me

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

c'mon statman, let's look at the facts.

NYC has 8.2 million residents...I'll even leave out NJ...and then divide it by 2 because they have 2 teams...giving us 4.1 million people.

average attendance at Yankee stadium is 52,000, which means that they have an average attendance of 1.2% of the population.

St. Pete has 250,000 people, Tampa has 300,000 people (which is like including NJ because it's across the water), , giving us a total of 550,000 people...this leads to an average attendance percentage of 3.6% of the population.

This means that the Rays have 3x as much of their local population attending their games. And I didn't even include NJ in your calc. That's pretty impressive if you look at it objectively. Especially considering that the NY metro is way more densely populated than the Tampa Bay metro...which would lead to an even higher percentage of the pop attending baseball games.

oh yeah, and we have no public transportation to speak of...

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Uh oh, JoeJet is about to get the FBI involved..Everyone better behave..

7. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Of course you have no response after I just crushed everything you said with facts.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It'd be great if Dierking sees this. Not only will TGG not have to deal with you anymore, but neither will society.

9. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I'll confess I miss JoeJets nonsense a little bit since he no longer posts in the Mets threads. I have to start reading these other threads.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

JoeJet makes me laugh. Such promises to kick Dierking around can rival some of the best comics around today....

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

You're kidding, right? Yankee Stadium plays to 91% capacity and Shea to 88%, so the percentage of the general population is completely irrelevant - there just aren't many tickets available, and the ones that are generally aren't very good. The Trop is playing to about 50% of capacity - that's a hell of a lot of empty seats for a first place team.

Team loyalties (and fans) obviously don't stop at a city border. The Tampa Bay metropolitan area (Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties) has roughly 2.8 million people, and is among the 20 largest in the US. That is larger in population than the metropolitan areas of Milwaukee, Denver, and Cincinnati, and similar to those of the metro areas of San Diego, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Minneapolis; those cities/areas all have less successful teams with better attendance. The Rays are arguably the best team in major league baseball, and their home attendance (per game) is fourth worst in major league baseball. Given this, you're actually trying to defend the attendance figures as "pretty impressive"?

I really don't understand the apparent defensiveness of Tampa area residents regarding the simple facts that the Rays still aren't drawing very well, and with the new ballpark now very much in question, the financial future of the team is far from assured.

#51 statjeff22, Jul 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  12. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Oh, just let the kid enjoy his season so far.

If you didn't care to read about it, and comment about some proverb dealing with chickens, don't bother with it.

I don't expect the Rays to win the division. But let him bask in his glory. If they falter, it will make it all the greater for either Sox or Yankees fans.

13. TampaBayJetsFan85

14. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

you suck and your arguments are weak. i win.

15. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

and we will see if you still post in this forum once the rays have fallen out of contention. maybe then i will respect you. probably not though.

16. TampaBayJetsFan85

I have posted on the Rays message boards for years now... Just go to jen nation,com and go to the baseball thread, you might have to look through some pages, but I predicted before Spring training that the Rays pitching would keep us in the playoff hunt this year (I didnt think it would be this great a season though) But im enjoying it

And I could care less if "you respect me" do you know me? Do you know my last name? Nah... "Respect me" lol

Dont me sad because the same team the Rays just swept, just KILLED the Yankees... 7-0? @ Home? The Yankee fans made NO NOISE all game.

17. devilonthetownhallroof

Is it really that hard to use the quote function?

Sigh.

No, I'm calling you stupid because you are stupid. You don't know how to use a simple quote function, you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", you type "ur" as if it's a word... the list goes on and on. Not sure what being "tough" has to do with calling a spade a spade.

I forgot Floyd was on the team. Not that that really changes much. They still don't have enough experience. And Hinske is garbage. He was garbage here too.

It's clear you don't understand Pythagorean Wins. The Rays are 4 games ahead of what their statistics say they should be.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/about/faq.shtml#pyth

You asked who was in the Brewers rotation last year. How else was I supposed to answer other than with their names? And again, I'm not saying the Rays players aren't good, just that they don't have the experience necessary to handle a pennant race.

I DO know about Price. But I also know about guys like Todd van Poppel, Bill Pulsipher, Jeff Allison, Matt Anderson, Bryan Bullington, Jeff Austin, Kyle Snyder, Tony Armas Jr, John Rauch, Rick Ankiel (as a pitcher), Paul Wilson, etc. Pitching prospects pan out about 50% of the time if you're lucky. To proclaim him as better than ANYONE currently in a Major League rotation before he even throws a single pitch in AAA is ludicrous. The fact is, he has 46 career innings as a professional, and only 12 of them are above A level.

First of all, you have NOTHING to base that on. Braun is an EXCELLENT young player and I don't think Longoria will be any better than he will. And I like Longoria. Also, that's NOT what you said. You asked
    Which they did. The third baseman for the Brewers last year was Ryan Braun, and he WAS the Rookie of the Year, not just a "rookie of the year type". And again, future projections have nothing to do with this year.

Hey genius, I never said I'd take Jenkins over Crawford. All I said was their defensive numbers were nearly identical last year, which they were. All it did was reinforce the fact that the two teams were similar. And Crawford is not the best defensive LF in baseball.

That's fine. It doesn't make him a top 5 MLB catcher, which is what I said. Mauer, McCann, Martinez, Martin, Posada, and Soto, in no particular order, are all clearly better, and several others are at least as good, if not better.

Sound logic there. I don't know how I can possibly dispute that.

You still haven't addressed the fact that this year's Devil Rays are very similar to last year's Brewers, which was the original point I made and then backed up with many stats.

#57 devilonthetownhallroof, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  18. TampaBayJetsFan85

Sorry guy... I have better things to do with my life than worry about learning a "Quote feature" Over the computer... It's called having a life.

I say ur because I could care less, is this English class or something tough guy? Should I actually take an extra half a second to type in "You're"? Does that make you feel better cup cake? I had my lady read you're thread and she just walked away laughing. Laughing is great: It keeps "u" Young.

As far as going on and on and on and on and on with you... Im not gonna waste my time with you cup cake... Ill just bump this thread up once a week. When the Rays make the playoffs, the joke will be on you. Because this Rays team IS NOT the Brewers. This Rays team is the 2008 Rays. Deal with it.

And enjoy being wrong in the long run cup cake

19. devilonthetownhallroof

Learning to click where it says "quote" would be that big a hindrance on your social life? I'm sorry learning is so difficult for you.

And if you want to write incorrectly, fine. But don't act all upset when people think you're stupid because of it. People can only judge what they see, and when you can't use the language correctly, you will appear stupid. Sorry, but it's just how it is. I also didn't know blowup dolls could read. What will science come up with next?

And you won't bump this every week. You'll continue to post only when the Devil Rays sweep someone. If they go 2-5 one week, you'll be nowhere to be found and everyone knows it. You're also not done because it's "wasting your time", it's because you have no answer. If you were really worried about not wasting your time, you wouldn't be posting on a message board in the first place. So enjoy your empty, shitty ballpark and the flash in the pan team that is enjoying the first stretch of anything resembling decent baseball in their history. It won't last long.

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well GangGreen... It looks like I will be posting about the Rays every night:

Thanks to devilonthetownhallroof

Originally Posted by devilonthetownhallroof

And you won't bump this every week. You'll continue to post only when the Devil Rays sweep someone. If they go 2-5 one week, you'll be nowhere to be found and everyone knows it. You're also not done because it's "wasting your time", it's because you have no answer. If you were really worried about not wasting your time, you wouldn't be posting on a message board in the first place. So enjoy your empty, shitty ballpark and the flash in the pan team that is enjoying the first stretch of anything resembling decent baseball in their history. It won't last long.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... He wants to question my fanhood? lol, He has no idea. I have over 4,000 posts on the official Rays messge board, I have been there for years. I'm also a die hard Jets fan so yeah, once in a while, I like to bragg a little bit. But since he wants to be a prick about the whole situation, guess what? After every game, I will start a thread on this site: Starting tomorrow night against the Royals. I will start a thread after each and every game: Win or lose. I will talk a little about the game, post the standings, how many games the Rays are above .500 (Or below .500) And I will add this quote in each and every thread "flash in the pan team"

All because of this prick, just letting you all know. Peace, Im out to get some McDonalds for me and my ladys younger brother, then its time to hit the sack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.