Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

@bicketybam where you @ man? Knowing damn well you would've bumped up this thread if not for Nelson Cruz going nuts last night :D

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nelson Cruz does it again.

Rays down 3-2 top of the 5th inning.

1 on and 1 out.

Bang.

Another Nelson Cruz HR.

4-3 Rays.

BuddyRyans46 likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

@bicketybam

Told you man. Must win games against Seattle because like Boston is slumping and slumping bad. You guys just hawked Boston down overnight.

And wow. The A.L East is the strongest division in all of baseball. 4 teams @ 10 games above .500? That's unheard of right?

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

@bicketybam what were you saying about a horrible postseason overrated pitcher in "Tyler Glassnow"?!?

These (no Payroll) Rays just won back to back to back come from behind wins (3 in a row) on the road too.

Heading into the 8th inning TB was losing 5-3 but not anymore. We hit our 2nd grand slam in as many days and now the score is 9-5 due to exploding for 6 runs there in the 6th inning.

This underdog team is all heart and fight. The media never gave us a shot after losing Cy Young Blake Snell this offseason and then losing "Tyler Glassnow" but now look we're 68-44 and the best team (deepest team) in Devil Rays history. Not even our 2008 World Series appearing baseball team was 24 games above .500 this late into the season.

PS: Nice to see your Yankees finally lose to Seattle today (now 6.5 games back of 1st!)

:D:cool::D

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

@bicketybam

Can't even visit the Rays thread to tip your hat off to A.) 4 game winning streak (best in baseball). B.) 8-2 previous 10 (best in baseball) and C.) Hottest team in baseball?

Starting to RUN AWAY with the A.L East because now 4.0 ahead of Boston, 6.5 ahead of the billionaire Yankees and 7.0 ahead of Toronto.

(your Yankees might be in 4th place before you know it and only ahead of the last place Baltimore Orioles lololololo especially with Rizzo catching Covid).

Must win 3 game series vs the awful Royals because if not you'll be 9.5 back of TB before you know it because these Rays are going to demolish the Red Sox with another 3-0 sweep starting on Tuesday @ Boston (will be 7.0 up on the 2nd place team).

Red Sox & Yankees both running out of time vs the #1 AL team (Tampa Bay) and #2 MLB team (Rays).

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'd love to have a conversation with you about the Rays but:

a) I dont give a fuck about that team unless the Yankees are playing them and

b) I really find you annoying and juvenile as a poster.

But hey. Congrats on beating the worst team in the American League. This will be my last post here so I can leave it to all the other TB Rays fans.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

You loved this Rays thread when you really thought the Yankees had a chance but now 6.5 games out you're waving the white flag. I love it.

And why do you post in the Mets thread?

Because they aren't even a rival of the Yankees and play in a completely different NL Conference.

PS: You remind me of the Yankees fan who can mush Mets fans faces in loses but yet you can not take/deal with a Rays fan mushing your face in recent Yankees failure (imo).

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

And what's up with you being hypocritical?

I just noticed you saying "We" should beat the Royals". Are you an owner or player?

So you can say "we" but I'm not allowed to say "my"?

Busted :D:rolleyes::D

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Last one.[​IMG]

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Devil Rays running away with our A.L. East Division.

Top of the 9th inning.
    Bases loaded.
    2 outs.
    4-4 tie.

But not anymore.

Base hit scored all 3 runners on base.

7-4 Rays.

Another and I repeat another come from behind road victory. From down 4-1 to up 8-4 (scored another insurance run as I'm typing).

5.0 games ahead of Boston (they are done for and will be 7 games back after 3-0 sweep)..

I also see NYY losing to the awful Royals. 6-4?

Yankees now 7.0 games back of the Rays = STICK A FORK IN THEM. THEY'RE DONE FOR.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

@bicketybam

Wow. What a come from behind win for your Field of Dreams Yankees out there in Iowa. Crazy.

Edit 20 minutes later: WOW White Sox walked off 9-8 what a game! Walk off HR.

That's the dagger that killed the Yankees season.

#291 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Big game for my 70-45 TB Rays tonight @ Minnesota (50-65).

With NYY having an off day we'll have a chance to BURY them 7.5 games behind us.

Countdown begins during these DOG DAYS OF THE SUMMER...

Devil Rays = already 115 games played.

Devil Rays = only 47 games remaining.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yankees winning streak died. Slump time for them now.

Rays now the hottest team in baseball @ 9-1 previous 10 along with the (new) longest winning streak in baseball @ 6 wins in a row.

81-48?!?!?

33 games above. 500?!?!?

.628% and continuing to sky rocket?!?!?

Without question the greatest baseball team in Devil Rays Franchise history.

• 1st place of the AL East and burying the Yankee$ alive @ +5.0 games.

• 1st place of the American League by 4.0 over Houston and 7.0 over Chicago.

Stick a fork in all 3 of Houston/Chicago/Yankees because the American League belongs to my 2021 Rays with home field advantage throughout the World Series too.

Only 33 games remaining.

#2 record in all of baseball.

Only 3.0 games back of the Giants for MLB's #1 record (we'll catch them too, 100%).

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well. That post didn't age too well for you.

Now 16-4 throughout previous 20 games since you made that rally post on August 5th.

.800% since then and you were thinking some mediocre JAG pitcher Glasnow could stop these 2021 Rays?

Not even the "loss" of Blake Cy Young Snell could stop this 2021 squad.

Created this thread 13 years ago and now we're better than ever (while Yankees fans such as yourself LAUGHED at me on page 1).

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

@Brook!

Just wanted to point out his trolling in the Rays thread two months ago (Mets too) but then he (recently) cries about it 2 months later and all because my Rays are now up 5.0 games on his Yankee$?

That's some bush league stuff right there.

@bicketybam did you forget about "trolling" Mets fans and me as a Rays fan too and before I ever entered your NYY thread at that?

I'd think with 100 Championships you could deal with it, but I was wrong.

You have a problem with me entering your Yankees thread? Well then you should've stayed the heck out of the Mets thread.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You should have thought about it before you trolled Yankees fans with your Rays bullshit. Go to a Patriots forum and bullshit about Red Sox and see what happens.

DWC

You are going off rail again. Take a break from posting a few weeks. You won't die.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

lol I'll chill out no more baseball posts from me but I never entered the Yankess thread until he entered my Rays thread.

But yes. No more baseball posts from me until playoffs.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This thread is now locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.