Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That sucks for Glasnow, but blaming it on the crackdown on sticky stuff is kinda stupid.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Great comeback attempt. Were down 7-2 and then came back but lost in extra innings 8-7.

I've always absolutely hated this new extra innings rule of automatically placing a runner on 2nd base. Changes how pitchers have to pitch and changes the game of baseball. Baseball was a perfect game and they're ruining it with these stupid rule changes in order to "speed up the game" while keep editing the damn baseballs every season.

Oh well. Can't win them all. Throughout our previous 10 Series this Chicago White Sox series was the 1st one we've lost dating back to May 15th of last month; Lost this series 1-2.

Hoping Boston loses tonight (not worried about the Yankees, at all).

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just got swept.

6 game losing streak.

No longer the best team in Baseball (or the AL East).

Red Sox passed us and Yankees only 4.0 gms back.

Big series against Boston 3 gms coming up in order to turn our season around.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

7 in a row for those counting.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

We've now won back to back to back games (3) and back in 1st place and ahead of your 3rd place $$$Yankees$$$ by 5.0 games lol

"Here we come" bahahagalollolol

6. bicketybam

You need some colored fonts and 3 pages of stats!

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yanks: $201,087,135
    Rays: $68,751,025

5.0 games back of the poor Rays? lol. Your owners, front office and farm system must all stink?

$201,087,135 payroll?

The "best team" $$$$ can buy?

And you're going to miss the playoffs and watch my Rays go back to the World Series?

PS: If baseball had a salary cap like NFL/NBA there would be empty seats in Yankee stadium because your front office would absolutely, stink.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yankees haven't won a WS in what, 11-12 years now? For a $200M+ Payroll that's pretty, sad (and funny).

9. bicketybam

I thought you had me on ignore?

How your Sig working out? Blow your dick off yet?

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

How's praying for the Rays to lose games in the Yankees thread working out? Wanted to blow your brains out losing to the poor Rays during the Playoffs last year and now trailing by 5.0 games? lol.

I just don't understand how your $$$Yankees$$$ have over $200,000,000 in payroll but yet haven't won a WS in 10+ years? How does that even happen? If you gave the Rays front office 1Billion dollars we'd win it every year.

The Yankees in an uncapped league are just as boring as LeBron James and BK Nets; stale and bad for baseball.

With all these new baseball rules one of them should become a salary cap where teams are on an even playing team and may the best Front office win it all; you $$$Yankee$$$ fans would hate it and probably quit baseball (unlike Mets fans).

#250 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  11. bicketybam

I'm 53. I've seen the Yankees win 7 word championships. It really doesn't bother me and that's the truth. But apparently it means a lot to you as you are on a New York Jets forum trolling Yankees fans

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wow. 7 in 53.

My Rays been around only 24 years vs. 100+.

Not trolling Yankees fans either.

You're the only who came in here and said...

"7 in a row for those counting.
    "Wednesday at 9:07 AM"

But where were you during our magical 25-5 overall throughout 29 games awesome baseball run?

You wanted to remind me how we've lost 7 in a row or I other words 29-12 run @ the time of your 0-7 remark?

Cool.

I decided to follow you over to NYY thread and bust y'all balls too lol but here I am baby back in my 1st place Rays thread and another W today now a 5 game winning streak (again)!

Back to back to back to back to back W's since your NY troll post in my Rays talk to myself thread lol thnx fir joining in and jinxing us to WIN AGAIN.

I am actually rooting for your Yankees vs Boston since you guys are 5 games back and Boston is hot on our trail but unfortunately for your Yankees they're losing to Boston 3-0 bottom of 7th but fortunately for my Rays will become a full 6.0 games ahead of your Yanks.

Hopefully for your Yankees you guys don't have a bad 1-2 series run or else my Rays will easily be up 10+ games.

53 huh?

9 years old.
    10 years old.
    28 years old.
    30 years old.
    31 years old.
    32 years old.
    39 years old.

So you won 2 in your childhood.

Waiting 18 long years until 1996 happened @ 28.

And went on a run of your 30's.

Nothing throughout entire 40s and into 50s though?

PS. My daughter almost reminds me of you. She's only 10 and has already experienced 2 WS appearances with her pops. She's ready to win her first with me @ 10 this year (same age as you almost +1).

I love this shit man.

It's going to become magical for her right?

I wouldn't know the feeling since 1994 @ 9 years old myself NY Rangers because I haven't celebrated NY Sports Jets Knicks or my St. Pete devil rays in 27 years. I forgot the feeling of celebrating, at least you haven't.

I don't care we lost WS to Dodgers lol that was the greatest baseball experience and playoffs and world series moments I've ever witnessed and went absolutely ape shit bananas every HIT of every HR it was so magical for us.

I now know you're a throwback Baseball fan. I can respect you now. An old school historian yourself can appreciate and be amazed at what our TB Rookie did last year right? 29 hits All-Time Postseason record. Most HR's ever 10! in a postseason too. Passing greats like your Jeter of 96 BASE HITS, Ruth and many more for HRs?

GREATEST Single Season postseason performance of All Time?

As only a Rookie?

Omg!?!?!

5+ minutes of historical Greatness (above highlights).

We're winning it all this year my daughter will be at our Rays parade right next to her pops too. Can't wait.

#252 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  13. bicketybam

Probably one of the most pathetic posts I've ever read. I've experienced 7 championships and your babbling on about watching your team lose two. And last season was a joke. GTFO, dude.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

You watched your first Yankees WS win when you were 9 years old.

Vs.

My daughter who will witness her 3rd WS Appearance and 1st Rays WS win @ 10 years old.

And if last season were a joke? I guess that doesn't count as "two WS loses" now does it?

And if last year were a "joke to you"?

Well then guess what's a baseball laughing stock joke for myself and millions of other sports fans?

All 7 of your little $$$$$ bought Championships$$$ who the Big 3 of Celtics KG Allen & Pierce learned from (Your YANKEES) with super teams of Le'Bron James teaming up like James Harden, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant trying to win rings and/or A.D Anthony Davis running to LeBron for a ring etc

is how real sports fans LAUGH haha @ your Yankees "7 rings of your 53 year lifetime existence" we laugh and don't take it serious just as Jets fans ******laugh****** @ NEs tainted rings.

Even Babe Ruth was a NoSox Boston, Red Sux 1st (before a "Yankee") DUDE!

Sorry, man. Troll harder (we're not impressed with the $$$$$$Yankee$).

NE cheated SBs.
    Yankees brought WSs.
    Rays are our sports Underdogs.

There's a difference.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yankees down 4-0 in the 2nd inning and on the verge of 3 loses in a row.

"For those counting".

#255 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  16. bicketybam

I was meaning to ask....how is this "your" thread when it was started by someone else in 2008?

17. bicketybam

Na na na na. Na na na na. Say hey hey, good bye.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was one of his many previous accounts that started this thread.

JackBower likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Good bye? Who left? Because it's not my Rays ⚾⚾.

August 5th. Dog days of the summer.

Rays = 65-44.

Rays = 1st place of the A.L East.

Rays = 1/2 a game away from Houston for #1 A.L record.

Rays = 3.5 games back of San Francisco for MLBs #1 record.

Yankees? Still looking up @ my Rays. 6.0 games back of us (and time is running out for you guys too).

Nelson Cruz as our DH addition is going to help us make it back to the World Series and thanks to the All-Star game we'll have home field advantage throughout the World Series.

Tampa Bay Rays = 2021 World Series Champions and hopefully your Yankees can make a Wildcard appearance because I'd love to see us eliminate you guys again like last year ⚾⚾

20. bicketybam

You left, but not on your own accord. How long will you last this time?

You forgot to metion the loss of Glasnow. That's a tough break

Championships aren't won in August. Don't you remember that from the last time TB won it all? Oops. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.