Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Looks like you QUIT on the losing Jets back in 2007 you little fake sports fan.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well. Maybe not the best team ever. But in 2008 we made the World Series while clueless fans thought we were a regular season fluke (but I knew we had something special within the makings)

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

You jump ship over to these exciting and amazing TB Rays baseball team yet man?!??? We need as many fans as we can earn lol

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well this Rays team of 2021 is the best Rays team I've ever experienced throughout the regular season thus far.

Back in 2008 while you were mocking me guess what? We made it to the World Series!

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

You knew nothing about baseball back in 2008, did you?

Fast forward to 2021 and we've since made two world series appearances (2008/2020) and here in 2021? #1 team in baseball.

It's called a Front Office and FARM SYSTEM.

Learn about it.

(Instead of the $$$$$ way).

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

WYFKM? Still trashtalking 13 years later behind the best team in baseball!

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said young man, well said. Yankee fans back in 2008 couldn't STOMACH an underdog Rays fan enjoying a better baseball team than them. It was killing them back in 2008 (and still bothering them today).

#2008's thread of the year lol omg so many memories.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

All gas no break O.G

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

QFT.

I was petrified of the Dodgers last postseason.

This year however? No team in baseball scares me we're battle tested after getting embarrassed by LAD last year got our face kicked in.

2021 is our year (finally).

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The best part about when the Jets inevitably start to suck after a few games into the season is this front-running tool will mercifully disappear and stop polluting the board.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Looks like you're still mad (and sour) 13 years later.

A YANKEES fan, calling someone else a "Front Runner"? So funny.

All 3 of my favorite teams in Jets/Knicks/Rays have a combined 0 Championships since the day I was born (1985).

But yeah. How's it feel being 9.0 games back of my Rays?

"Anyway, its really going to suck for you when all those young guns leave as free agents. Or when they move the team to a city that will turn out more than 15,000 per game".

13 years later and you couldn't be more wrong. You sounded so sour and so bitter in 2008 and I'm just loving how your front running $$$$Yankees$$$$$ are 9.0 games behind my underdog Devil Rays ☀️

(PS: When the Jets were losing last year? I was here (and @ JN). Posting every week. Hoping for Trevor Lawrence; nice try, Yankees bandwagon fan).

12. Dierking

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yawn?

You wouldn't be "yawning" if your $$$YANKEES$$$$ had gone 24-5 throughout your previous 29 games (.827%), now would you? Nope. You'd be pretty excited.

PS: It's hypocritical for a front running $$$Yankees$$$ fan to ever considered a TB Rays fan as a "front runner".

"Anyway, its really going to suck for you when all those young guns leave as free agents. Or when they move the team to a city that will turn out more than 15,000 per game".

13 years later.... We're still here baby

#233 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

@Dierking PS: I'm just busting your chops man I know you're a real Yankees fan I'm just giving you a hard time ball busting because I'm like an elephant and I haven't forgotten your 2008 posts but yeah man I'm just excited about my team

15. Dierking

All those guys did leave as free agents. As will all the current young guns.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

But but but you said it would "suck".

It's been the complete opposite.

We've since had 10 above .500 WINNING season's dating back to 2008. And 4 consecutive winning seasons, too.

Why?

Because we have...

A.) The best Front Office in all of baseball.

B.) The best Farm System in all of baseball.

C.) The best scouting dept in all of baseball.

And none of that will change, anytime soon (regardless of draft order).

You said it would "suck" is where you were wrong @.

What bothers me as a baseball fan (not as big as Football/Basketball) is that your Yankees haven't had a losing season dating back to 1992 because of the best teams $$$ can buy but yet Yankee fans do nothing but complain. I bet Yankee stadium would be ghost town if ever went on a Devil Rays type losing streak.

I really wish baseball had a salary cap. I'd love the sport a whole lot more (Yankee fans, not so much).

#236 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
  17. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...asnow-partially-torn-ucl-flexor-tendon-strain

@DefenseWinsChampionships devastating news for your Rays, DWC^^^

Glasnow’s MRI revealed a partial tear of his ulnar collateral ligament, as well as a flexor strain in his forearm, Adam Berry of MLB.com was among those to relay. It’s a brutal development, considering that UCL tears and flexor strains are often precursors to a Tommy John procedure. The current hope is that Glasnow can rehab the injury without surgery, relays Jeff Passan of ESPN, but it seems he’s in for a significant absence even in the best case scenario. The Rays haven’t released a formal timeline for his return, but he’s been placed on the 10-day injured list.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Disheartening man but far from devasting. But it's ok. People thought we were done for heading into 2021 after losing Cy Young Blake Snell; they were wrong.

We have the powerhouse lineup that won't miss a beat.

2nd in base on balls (discipled).
    3rd in runs scored (explosive).
    3rd in RBIs (clutch).

And we've got an awesome A++ pitching prospect (nothing new) in Luis Patino who I'm really looking forward to seeing especially if Glasnow misses significant time.

We've also got the type of A+ pitching from top to bottom that will overcome an injury to Tyler.

#1 in wins (43). Glasnow has only accounted for 5 of them.

#5 in ERA.

#1 in WHIP (the sign of a great, great pitching staff).

I'm actually anxious because I've been excited for and have waited on Luis Patino all year ever since the Blake Snell trade this kid is an animal and has filthy stuff.

Best of luck to Tyler Glasnow hope he recovers for the playoffs (wishful thinking) but regardless this team has too much heart and too much fight to allow 1 player out to hold us back.

Can't wait for this Chicago White Sox game tonight. 2nd place AL team and we snapped their winning streak on the road last night. This series is big. Could end up deciding who gets home field advantage throughout now that we're in the dog days of the summer).

#238 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
    patleahy likes this.
  19. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

LOL....you have an answer and a detailed explanation or analysis for everything and anything dude, I'll give you that, haha :);)

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

White Sox snapped our win streak tonight 3-0. Those guys from the South Side are, really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.