Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Must win do or die for my Rays Tonight game 2. Our Ace Snell is on the mound and if we lose and fall to 0-2 we're probably cooked.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Brandon Lowe HR top of the 1st 1-0 Rays it's so good not having to face KERSHAW every night lol

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I guess I'm the only Jets fan watching the 2020 World Series lol but Rays up 3-0 and omg we're in the 5th inning and BLAKE SNELL is currently pitching and throwing a... Nevermind (as I don't want to JINX it!)

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Brandon Lowe with a 2 Run HR (2nd HR of the night) 5-0 Rays!

@Dierking where you at? World Series bro!

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dejavu to 2008 against the Phillies where we lost game 1 before winning game two (by two runs) although we ended up losing the series 4-2.

Just like that. Series tied @ 1-1. Rays win 6-4 Tonight.

Tonight was a must win do or die game two if I ever seen one. To fall down 2 games to 0 against imo the best team in baseball (LAD) I would've feared the worst. Thank the baseball God's we escaped with a victory.

Game 3 may not be "do or die" but the winner of game 3 takes a commanding 2-1 series lead and with CHARLIE MORTON on the mound I like our chances.

I honestly believe we have to win every game that Kershaw doesn't pitch because I don't believe we can beat him.

6. jetfaninwisconsin

Nice to see the Rays win last night. I thought the Dodgers would run away with it after Game 1. As a fan of another small market team, I’ll be rooting for Tampa.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Which team do you follow?

But yeah. I don't think we'll be able to beat Kershaw. At all. Which is why we can't afford to lose to any other pitcher outside of Kershaw. We have to win tomorrow night as well.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Can't wait for 8:08 feels like game 1 of the World Series again after losing game 1 vs. Kershaw before bouncing back and beating LAD game two! So excited and pumped up for tonight's matchup.

Tonight we've got our big game Charlie Morton going up against Walker Buehler and I've personally never watched Buehler pitch bit I love my underdog Rays chances tonight and why? Because TB has already shown the Dodgers that we can bounce back after a bad World Series loss and now all the pressure is on the Dodgers players to prove that they can do the same by recovering after a WS loss before responding with a next game win.

I feel this is another do or die and must win for my Rays because I do not believe we'll be able to beat Clayton Kershaw. He's just too good. Therefore we HAVE TO BEAT every LAD starter that IS NOT NAMED KERSHAW in order to have a chance at winning our first World Series in Franchise history (lost 1-4 to Phillies 2008).

Let's go Rays!

Go up 2-1 and the Dodgers faithful will begin to lose confidence while smelling a letdown right around the corner!

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Rays were down by 2 4-2 heading into the 6th but NOT ANYMORE!!!

HR Rays up 5-4!

Let's goooo

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bottom of the 9th inning two out WALK OFF The Rays win!!!!

We were down heading into the bottom of the 9th 7-6 and win 8-7!

One out away from being down 3-1 in the series to now tied up @ 2-2 wow just wow

And guess who rounded the bases for the game winner? Randy Arozarena!

Randy is putting up the greatest postseason playoff run of All Time. This Cuban born is 100% MLB Superstar. 9 Playoff HR's this Postseason (All alone @ #1 All Time passing Barry Bonds tonight) and already broke Jeters 1996's rookie record for most base hits ever during a postseason... Absolutely nuts!

What a game and what a series I was feeling like 2008 all over again when the Phillies destroyed us 4-1. We were about to be down 3-1 with Kershaw on the mound game 5 but not anymore 2-2 because MAGIC JUST HAPPENED BOTTOM 9TH WITH 2 OUTS

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That was an amazing game. Real painful way to end it if your an LA player or fan

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Fk them and their #2 payroll lol and really enjoyable and amazing to win it as Rays players and fans this was sweetness and could give us the momentum needed in order to finally rock Kershaw game 5 wow just wow one of the best World Series games I ever just watched shocked

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Randy does it again!!!! Greatest postseason ever for a player and he did it as a ROOKIE!??!?

Rays 1-0 baby!

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Cash pulled our Ace Snell too early he was pitching beautifully.

But yes very proud of these kids and Ricky my God memories will last forever hopefully we'll be back and it won't be 12 years later my daughter's 9 got to watch our first Rays WS together she's born here in St Pete after game I told her it's ok we made it to the World Series as the underdogs and Rays are still Champions damn

Rays of 2020. The baseball bubble. A postseason I'll never forget my 2nd World Series. Both loses but both memorable. This Rays team made me celebrate every night it feels like and Ricky gave me chills.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was scared after losing Blake Snell and losing a heartbreaking world series while our manager was killed for pulling Snell that we'd come back crashing back down to Devil Rays earth.

I had nothing to worry about. This farm system and Front Office down here in St. Petersburg is amazing. Reminds me of the baseball movie called Money Ball if anyone is familiar.

We're overall the hottest team in baseball with Boston on our tails and feeling like 2008/2020 all over again.

• 38-23 overall (.623%).

• 1st Place of the AL East (1/2 gm over Red Sox).

• Best record in the American League.

• 2nd best record in all of baseball (1.0 gms behind San Francisco (Evan Longo).

• 19-4 throughout our previous 23 ball games (.826%).

Playing some of the best and most entertainment baseball I've ever seen.

I don't think the Yankees got the juice this year. and I'd absolutely love a 2021 World Series TB Rays vs. NYs Queens Mets.

"Battle of the underdogs".

Mets vs. Rays (you heard it here 1st).

⚾ ⚾ ⚾

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

5-4 win vs. Baltimore today.

I've been patiently waiting (all year) to say this...

My Tampa Bay Rays now have THE BEST RECORD IN ALL OF BASEBALL!

22-5 throughout our previous 27 ball games (.814%)

Playing some of the best and most exciting baseball I've ever experienced as a fan of the game and with both Boston Red Sux and NY Yankees losing today we're now 2.0 games ahead of Boston and a COMMANDING 7.5 games ahead of the Yankees (stick a $$$FORK$$$ in them!

41-24!

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

My Rays win again. 7-1 overall Baltimore. .

Make that 23-5 throughout our previous 28 games (.821%).

We're winning the World Series this year, there is not a single team in baseball who's going to be able to eliminate us here in 2021.

Yankees lost again (now 3.0 ahead of the Red Sux and 8.5 games ahead of the $$$Yankees$$$).

Now 42-24 overall (best record in baseball).

Next up? White Sox (41-24)

should be a great series between the AL's top two teams; where both teams will be fighting for home field advantage throughout the American League.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k. These 2021 Rays are forreal and much deeper than 2020's WS appearance squad.

Just handled the 2nd place White Sox like it was nothing 5-2 win and snapped their 4 game winning streak.

43-24 overall.
    24-5 throughout previous 29 games (.827%).

Hottest team in baseball and the best run I've ever witnessed from this Franchise.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

What were you saying (back in 2008) exactly 13 years ago?

We're still in St. Pete and it looks like (13 years ago) you serverely underrated our Front Office and farm system (two World Series appearances later and soon to be 3rd WS appearance here in 2021).

How's it feel being 9.0 Games back of the 1st place St. Petersburg Rays while also 4th place of the AL East? @Dierking

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

21 years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.