Officiating is killing us again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. VladdieDuc

VladdieDuc New Member

You know what? Screw it...

Santonio Holmes was out of bounds on his Touchdown reception. The officials totally messed that one up. Where is the controversy? The refs wanted the Jets to win by calling that a catch!

Oh, and the Shonne Greene touchdown rush? He looked a full yard short of the end zone when his knee touched. I saw it, can't believe the officials missed that too...

Wow, the officials love the Jets.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the difference is you are making things up and AGAIN I don't think we lost b/c of the bad call, NE DESERVED to win. They were the better team, we had our chances but that doesn't take away the bad call.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think they probably did screw up the cotchery call but the plays aren't really similar at all.

4. VladdieDuc

VladdieDuc New Member

I'm not aware of the explanation giving by the officials for the Crotchery call, but after watching the video, it looked like the correct call.

Crotchery never had possession to begin with... it was hobbling around the whole time.

Branch caught the ball, had clear possession, and as he was getting up (knee still down)... he is contacted.

2 different situations.

5. nyjunc

was getting up to make a move and started losing possession before he was touched.

6. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

Realistic.......

I guess Jets fans and Browns fans have more in common than a few players, coaches and decades. No offense guys but this discussion is nothing but feeling sorry for yourselves.

#206 Steelerstone, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

You clearly haven't read it properly then, there are plenty who don't have an issue with Sunday's calls and certainly no-one's claiming that the officiating is why we lost.

Also, I was obviously correct as VD is a Bills fan. Why are you here, anyway? Is it just an exercise in pointing and laughing? It's amazing how many opposing fans have chosen the last couple of weeks to start posting here when they weren't anywhere to be seen last season.....

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

fyp and ^^^^this^^^^

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Here. One of you hold this can of gasoline. The other one, hold this here lit match.

[​IMG]

Now talk quietly amongst yourselves.

10. nyjunc

starts losing control before he is touched but whatever, too late to worry about it now.

11. Johnny English

I wish I had the technical knowhow to do the still, but that .gif clearly shows both hands on the ball at the moment of contact. Case closed.

12. nyjunc

and the ball moving.

13. Johnny English

In two hands. Under control.

I know you like arguing for the sake of it, but to try and argue against the evidence on this one is just obtuse.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Doesn't really matter. Junc's point, I think, is that the ball was in motion throughout the play and there's not enough evidence to show that he had control at the point of contact such that the call should have been overturned. Even if you pulled a still shot out, at best it shows two hands on the ball at the point of contact. You can do that with almost any dropped pass.

In the end, I hate when football gets involved in discussions of burden of proof and microseconds. I think it was probably the right call on review, but in real time, it looked like he fumbled. This is why everyone outside of New England hates the tuck rule. And I do mean everyone. Yeah, sure, the rule probably says what it says, and slowing the film down frame-by-frame tells what it tells, but when we have to ignore what out own eyes are telling us, something is wrong with both the rule and the way it's officiated.

[​IMG]

15. nyjunc

how do you have a ball under control if it is moving? The Calvin Johnson rule if the ball moves a fraction of an inch when they hit the ground it's incomplete but now when it moves it's ok?

16. Johnny English

Sorry, I don't agree at all. The .gif doesn't show the initial catch, but the ball was clearly under control when he caught it and he doesn't lose possession until the ball is knocked out by Pace, which happens after initial contact is made. Therefore, the ball is under control at the time of contact and his knee is on the ground, ergo he is down by contact.

I don't see how this is even debatable.

17. nyjunc

I saw it on a big screen HD TV where I could go frame by frame and it clearly was moving before he was touched. He began to lose control then was touched so it was a fumble. Again, it doesn't matter at this point. We should have been able to overcome but it was definitely a bad call.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I saw it on big screen with frame by frame too. Seemed clear it was a fumble.

Shit happens.

19. nyjunc

Again, I'm not saying we win if we get that call. I just believe it was a bad call but NE deserved to win.

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned

And on that emphatic and heart felt note, we should bid good bye to this thread. Now let's go out a nd get some f**king snacks :wink: