Official Robert Saleh Thread for 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well this was a great win. Yes we played a rookie but we MADE that happen. Never want to see a player get hurt, and especially a guy whose been through a lot with injuries like Teddy, but the reason that happened was due to a great defensive call and play. Lord knows it’s happened to us many times. So we kind of made our own luck there.

Miami may be better overall and I was afraid of Hill and Waddle shredding us but we played them well…sure may have been different with Teddy but again we made our own luck there.

feels like we should be able to beat the Pats…I don’t think they are more talented than us at all, but they do have better coaching. But I feel like we SHOULD beat them.

Buffalo we’re not there yet, but it does feel like the gap overall is closing.

keep it up!

ColoradoContrails, Jojo and azhar80 like this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Oh stop that. We are the Jets, so playing the 3rd string QB can only be seen as a negative to our win... Regardless of how he got in there

Noam and cval like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That would be the narrative if the score ended up 12-9 Jets.

We hung 40 points on a divisional rival... one we haven't beaten since 12/08/19

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

At this point, our young team is forging an identity on offense and defense. It looks like the team is coming together. This means the players are buying into the Coach's vision, and now are putting the learned portion onto the field.

Things will slow down more for the young players, but there will still learning points ahead. But as long as the offense, defense, and special teams progress as they are... We should have meaning football all year long.

hornblower, Lon Chaney, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We were outscored in the 3rd quarter again to make it 34-3 after halftime in that quarter. Miami came out running the ball down our damn throats and the game was way closer than it needed to be until we made some adjustments towards the end of the quarter and early fourth. The moment we started pressing their WRs and loading the box to make Skylar Thompson beat us the game got out of hand for Miami quick. They couldn't do anything, but the Jets and Saleh need to figure out this 3rd quarter BS man.

Good win all around outside of this 3rd quarter shit that is happening every week and that 4th and 2 play call going empty.

Lon Chaney, Jojo and JetFanInPA like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Good points. I still question Ulbrich a lot. Mostert was at over 7 yards a carry late into the game. And that DL rotation still drives me crazy. Early in the 3rd, Quinnen, Carl & JFM were all on the sidelines at the same time for plays at a time.

ColoradoContrails and Jojo like this.
  7. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Don't know about his. Perhaps there is merit considering the 4th quarter play by the defense in a number of games now. Maybe we have "less tired" players going against "tired" offensive players.

8. JetFanInPA

Good point. But I'd wonder if it has a role in the holes or tough spots they're in earlier or middle of games. Seeing all of their best linemen on the sidelines simultaneously yesterday was odd to me. It's one thing to rotate one guy in or out but to me it looked like a line full of reserves. Q plays a lower percentage of snaps than other high end IDL.
    The defense is certainly better than last year and the run D has been better, but given the talent I think they could be even better than they are.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is some kind of scheduling behind the rotation, or an eye test on how the players look. There must be some kind of logic behind the scheme

10. JetFanInPA

Right on cue, here's Cimini with some good info. Better snap counts than expected to me. And also sounds like they schemed to stop Hill & Waddle at the expense of more vulnerability to the run. And given that Waddle nor Hill beat them, I'd say it was a fair choice

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah watching them gash us for those runs was not fun, but I think the game plan HAS to be to protect against Hill and Waddle…

Noam likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We have to get the running game stops cleaned up. I think we geared the game plan to stop the pass yesterday. Let's see what he comes up with next week.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Next week :
    -Aaron Rodgers at QB
    -Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon at RB

If Saleh finds a way to slow them down, I will start believing in him.

I have been a darksider about Saleh but I am starting to buy into him slowly.

bicketybam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure. The team plays hard for him. And while the "taking receipts" comment rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, I bet his players appreciated him having their backs.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It didn't rub me wrong way to be honest. I actually loved it. My issue with him isn't about his leadership. It is mostly X's and O's. I think he has the right leadership qualities in him. We shall see bickety.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We went three safeties to compensate for the speed at WR and that was exactly the right move. That weakens the run, but it prevented the WR from gushing us on yac for TD like the have down to the first three opponents. We have a way to go but great game plan Our LB group is resilient but not fast enough, so good for the DC to make proper adjustments.

Jets79, cval, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Seems Saleh has learned a lesson about what he says and doesn't say to the media. He's still new at this so it's good to see a change happening and I believe it is. His unrealistic optimism regarding injuries seems to be quelling now that it's bit him a couple times with Mekhi and Zach. We were happily surprised by Duane Brown rather that the opposite this time. EXCELLENT. He doesn't have to be entirely closed off discussing injuries as always has been the case with Parcells/ Belichick, etc. but he was allowing his enthusiasm to create an "over-promise and under-deliver" scenario which doesn't work in NY. It started getting to the point where I didn't believe anything he said. I'll enjoy seeing our coach grow and evolve along with his young players.

19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Keep winning and that cures all ills

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Been on HC and staff for a while, noce to see them getting better. Still some headscrachers but what the hell they are learing too. Kudos to the coaches....