Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Revis will be back this season. Just in time to play the Super Bowl.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If Revis is out multiple games or even the season, we have to do an even better job on scheming and tackling. Can't blitz or cover 0 as much. Need the safeties back more option. Maybe it jump sparks people to pick it up, or most likely its going to show more of our weaknesses on D we could hide by putting Revis on someone and forgetting about them

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

sigh.

hard to be upbeat about the win with revis being lost for the season.

and although not all injuries are the same, guys with torn acls can walk around on their own strength. that's pretty much all they can do on it though.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm more worried about the Jets run defense than the pass defense at this point, even without Revis. The Jets are going nowhere until they start setting the edge more effectively.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Doctor, what's your prognosis?

Can he carry his luggage?

Yes, Doctor.

He's fine!

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The difference between being a top 3 defense and the 10th best defense is huge.

Thats like going from Brady/Rodgers/Brees to Tony Romo

7. JetBlue

is the Jet's defense either?

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Our rush defense is horrendous, theres NO doubt about it.

But this is a pass first league, where most teams are built around the pass.

And there are very very few teams who are consistently better against the pass than the Jets

So id say even without Revis were a top 10 defense, just unfortunately were definitely not a top 5 one

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I think revis will most likely be lost for the season unfortunately. What's most concerning about our defense at this point is our inability to get off the field on 3rd downs and our inability to stop the run. We can't set the edge and fast rb's are just killing us.

10. DBWarren23

DBWarren23 Active Member

I'm going to guess sprained, not torn ligament out 4-6 weeks.

Disclaimer: I am not an MRI machine.

11. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

In 2010 he didn't play against Miami week 3, Buffalo week 4, and Buffalo week 17. All wins.
    So far this season, he didn't play against the Steelers and we got our ass handed to us.

That's 4-1. And we beat the Dolphins and Bills. I'm not really interested in beating the dregs of the league. When we play complete teams (the ones that are playoff bound) we will pay without Revis.

However, we still have talent and by no means am I going to agree with posts talking about the draft or packing it in. Football comes only once a year and I'm gonna take the ride the whole way.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

They may have not been serious contenders, but I could have envisioned a WC spot because the AFC is pretty weak. And no, the defense hasnt looked elite except for the first half vs the Bills (which obviously means nothing).

There are way too many weaknesses on this defense, its hard to imagine it being top 10 without Revis.

Bro, no its not. Our secondary is not "very good." Cro is a alright as a #1 CB, Wilson will get picked on, and Lankster has shown nothing (funny how people were calling him Ellis island during training camp).

If you cant see that our LB's suck, Im truly sorry. Harris is good, but not a gamechanger and not elite in any sense. Paying him like he's Patrick Willis will bite us in the ass just like Pace and Scott's contracts have. Our LBs cant cover, cant set the edge, and cant do the one thing a 3-4 LB must be able to do- RUSH THE F-ING PASSER.

Our DE's are young, yes. But where has Coples been? May not be his fault, but why hasnt he been playing when we clearly have no passrush.

Unless Coples, Davis, Wilson, and Wilkerson can step up and play at a VERY good level, Im not sure how we can make a case for this being a top 10 defense, and most definitely not top 5.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The biggest impact this could have, might actually be on our offense.

With the defense getting knocked down a bit, we could be forced to pass more than expected.

Hopefully doing much for the growth of Sanchez, and possibly having a breakout reciever or two along the way.

14. JetBlue

I meant where is the defense actually ranked?

the D has been terrible going back all the way to the preseason, where teams ran up and down the field on the 1st team, even if they didn't score points.
    EDT: 12th in pass, 28th run, 21 in total yards.

good think all the experts were idiots for not giving the Jets enough credit and ignoring that we would have a top D.

#154 JetBlue, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Those numbers are meaningless being its week 3, and in week 1 we pretty much stopped trying when we were up by like 4 tds

16. JetBlue

it is convenient to say we stopped trying in week one, but we've had the same problems the other two weeks, so I think it was more an issue with ability not effort.

17. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Okay, yes, true--BUT--a few points: we barely won the game, we only won in part thanks to some mediocre kicking, and it was against the friggin Dolphins. If we have to rely on our opponents screwups to squeak by teams like the Fins I think we are in a world of hurt.

18. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

ok first off your only talking CBs when you're talking about secondary. Not taking into account our safeties. Landry is a beast and Bell is definitely an upgrade over Smith. Our safety play is much better this season.

Just having Rex Ryan alone makes a case for our d being in the top 10. I dont care how horrible you think we are.

Our DL will get better as the season goes on. Once Coples adjusts to the speed of the game he will start to make an impact. Wilkerson has been sort of quiet but he will start making some noise for us eventually.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm being a realist here, and I'm thinking we are not a threat defensively without Revis long term.

Fuck. I really hope it's not a long-term injury the rest of the way.

20. Jetnad

Jetnad Member

Pro-Bowl***