Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Professor Frink

Normally I wouldn't post on a day like today. Injuries suck and losing a superstar for the season is a tough blow, I have no interest in rubbing salt in the wound. So instead, let me give you a question to ponder and a reason to feel good about Revis' future.

When was the last time someone had an ACL injury and was never the same? I could name a handful of players that have had the injury in the last five years and completely recovered. It seems to me medical science has figured out how to fix this problem.

2. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

chilling on 30 million
    lounging around all dayyy
    A nice little holiday for revis...

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

watching his team get burnt, you think he likes this, dude was crying on his way off the field

he's passionate and loves the game this shit aint funny

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I've had my issues with Revis' holdouts, but he's a top 1% competitor. I'm sure he knows his career is limited. I'd imagine it must be nothing short of devastating for a guy who plays at that level to suffer a serious injury.

5. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

The good thing is, with medical treatment nowadays these players seem to be coming back as good as before. I'm with Akbar on this when he goes on about the ACL being the new hammy. While the recovery time is different, the long term effects aren't there anymore. Jamaal Charles and AP are proof of that, and Revis is at that level in terms of athleticism. I just hope the Jets can keep him, possibly at the expense of Cromartie, since I'd still take 90% of Revis over Cro, even at the extra cost. People might even test him early next season, which would benefit the Jets.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I agree, poor conditioning will cause these injuries.

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

same page here. He WILL BE BACK and in AMAZING shape. When you are so very detailed at being the best at your craft, a knee injury that like this (Not a serious as it once was) will not slow him down....Expect a fired up Revis all ofseason and next year. I bet he is not an issue in camp with the contract and will be trying to lock up that PAPER! Fat stacks are on his mind!

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

For a player of his caliber, to have to leave the game for the rest of the season, hurts not only us as his team, but him as a player and the league in general.

This still blows, IDK how we can overcome.

9. keypusher

keypusher Member

Guys, I am sorry. Good luck with the rest of the season.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Look for the silver lining this could provide not the end of the season most are saying.

No Wilson won't be as good as Revis, but we drafted him to start and after he adjusted to his new roll he could be pretty good. If Wilson does even okay as a starter it makes him great trade bait next year and hurts Revis in his bargaining.

Can you imagine us making it to at least the second round of the playoff without Revis?
    It would show he is just one player and not the only player.