Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

And a QB that can hit guys wideopen in the endzone. Jet's can't stop the run, now a guy who can shutdown half a field by him self is out for the season? I would say good luck on any dreams of playoffs.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

just couldn't resist; with respect ;)

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

In the least 2 years when Revis hasn't played opposing QB's complete 75% of their passes, we have no INT's and they average 9.9 yards a catch

when he's on the field they complete 56% I think, like 5 or 6 yards a pass and we have 22 picks and allowed 15 TD's

This is fucking crazy

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Difference between teams like Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Patriots and then with Jets is the confidence as a organization and ultimately preparation and focus when it comes to dealing with injuries.

How many times have have Polamalu, Ed Reed and the tons of players the Steelers and even the Patriots cornerbacks have dropped? What about the injuries to Giants defensive backs core?

When we lose a great player like Revis its SEASON OVER. Look its not only the fans, but you can see the desperation and probably the freak out nature going on with Rex, Tanny and his staff...

This somehow will result in a worse performance now that we cannot rush the passer, cover with our linebackers, and stay on cut routes with opponents receivers.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Maybe if he spent more of the off-season in training rather than holding out......

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Imagine what Gronk will do against softer coverage?

[​IMG]

7. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

This doesn't even make any sense. Training wouldn't lessen the chances of him tearing his ACL.

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Look at you cowering to the Pats already. Burn your jersey already..you little girl.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The way players have been after their ACL injuries like Peterson, Welker, and Charles, I think Darelle will be fine. ACL recoveries arent much of a death sentence anymore.

10. HackettSuxTNG

Wouldn't have increased the chances of him tearing it either.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For this season, I can see two fundamental changes coming:

DEFENSE: other than the obvious shift of DBs, our front line will play far more 'smear the queer' defense, going all out for the pressure/sack. This has not been the case so far this year. Rex has been playing the run on most downs, having his lineman hold point, protect their lanes, watching the football. Watching the lineman play, I'd say its been like 70/30 run defense. Having Revis/Cro in the backfield has allowed Rex to play the run far more. From now on, look for at least one lineman, every snap, going for the QB. Our run support will suffer, but pass support will improve. Without Revis, attacking the QB is all that's left.

OFFENSE: Losing Revis will add 7 points to the opponents score. This is a stake in the heart of our 'ground and pound' philosophy (which never materialized to begin with). Sparano will have to open things up, ala Shotty. Yup, at this point, Shotty may be better than Sparano as far as running a pass first offense.

Summary:

Fuck the run defense, it's now time for smear the queer.

Fuck the ground and pound, it's now time for Air Sanchez.

This is also the death of Timothy Tebow as we know him.

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

According to who???

Again, the Jets have dealt just fine in the past when Revis has missed games or parts of games (5-1). The only ones declaring season over are fans on message boards. I'm sure the Jets aren't looking at it that way. They have more than enough talent at the CB position to run a good defense.

They needed to improve a lot on both sides of the ball with or without Revis. Now some guys are going to have to step up on defense and the coaches will have to figure out ways to compensate for the loss of a great player.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Jamal Charles ran for like a million yards yesterday coming off an ACL tear, Revis is gonna be fine

Its just this year seems like a wash. Look I know "you play to win the game" but going 8-8 and picking #16 would suck, not saying I wanna throw games but at this point especially late in the season you gotta figure where is this team going to position itself for the future. Look at the Colts, they got Andrew Luck yes but they are now set up properly for the future, took a shit year but hey football is different from other sports

IDK man I'm just emotionally overwhelmed

15. HackettSuxTNG

Personally, I just see a nightmare scenario in which the coaches will now doubt the entire secondary's ability to cover anyone, and just blitz every friggin play. This leaves the door open for the Jets defense to give up huge chunks of yards in passaing.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Adversity sometimes brings out the best in players. Some of them may step up their play to a higher level. In fact, I would bet on it happening.

17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

well, now that the doc is done looking a Revis's knee...............can we get him to see whats wrong with Wilson's neck? Something is preventing him from turning it to see the ball.....

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

nyjetscap ‏@nyjetscap
    Looking a little at the less negative side- at least the #Jets only face a handful of top level QBs this year

nyjetscap ‏@nyjetscap
    Brady twice and Rivers. Schaub would be next best QB they face. #Jets

nyjetscap ‏@nyjetscap
    Other names Smith, Luck, Wilson, Kolb, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Bradford, Gabbert, Locker... Not exactly great passing attacks #Jets

19. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

this sucks....

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I worry more about the Pats game. We need to beat them at least once to have a chance at the playoffs/Division.

It is good news though that the upcoming QBs we face basically suck. The Cardinals are the only team that really worry me.