Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Rebuild because one player got an ACL tear? I dont want to call you a moron but I feel compelled to.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm sure most understand but for those that bashed Revis all offseason do you now understand why he was considering holding out?

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

why does everyone want to blow up this team????? We are in first place headed into week 4, The Pats are 1-2 , and the door is wide open here with or without Revis. SF is a must win for our teams confidence without Reviss going foward, People act like we didn't go to two AFC championship games and missed the playoffs for 4 straight seasons, We don't need to blow up and rebuild we need to replace certain players that's it. All we need is one more Top reciver,Replace Bart Scott,trade Devito, cut Eric Smith,and trade Calvin Pace. Thats all this team really needs

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Mo goes down for the season with the Yanks now Revis is done for the year. Injuries have been pissing me off this year

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

lol i second that

6. DarkKnightXIII

Listen to yourself dude...

7. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This... An injury like this may have a serious effect on his career. We have to hope he comes back as good but you never know....

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We're going to give up more points on defense ... there's no fixing it. Period. The coaches better concentrate their energy into finding a way to score more points on offense.

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

So he can get paid 15 mil a yr for rehabbing his ACL?

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I didn't say from what team...;)

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

just another role for Tebow to play now on this team

12. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

A non-contact injury. Yet again, we're screwed. Rebuild? Not now. Time for our guys to step-up. Maybe Tanny might come up with someone, but he's never heard of mobile phones. I hope Revis recovers and comes back strong to the island. In the meantime, Rex had better not tolerate anything less than perfection from our defense.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

are u a golpher....

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

da fuck :lol:

15. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say we are going to be fine because we aren't. Losing a player
    on the level of Revis is HUGE. Especially when your team is built and game planned around having him out there. However, this could be a chance to see what Rex can really do with his defensive schemes. As always stay cool guys because the truth of the matter is that things could be and have been alot worse for us. Win or lose the front office is going to have to stop either stop acting like no talent hacks and step up here or ship the hell out. Perhaps this injury could be blessing in disguise and show them the error in the thinking that this isn't a team game and one guy is the panacea for having units that are slightly better than avg overall.

16. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

This a hard pill to swallow. One of the top 5 players in the league and the best player this franchise has had, probably ever. Well on his way to being in the discussion for best DB of all time.

Honestly, he is the bright spot to every Jets Sunday, he always shows up and he always dominates. I'm a Jets fan through and through and will not quit on this team, though the outlook is somewhat bleak. But I just pray he recovers from this and returns to the Revis we all know and love, because it's doubtful we'll have a player of his caliber and class anytime soon.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

All we are is dust in the wind.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I aint sayin rebuild but its def time to evaluate some of our players rid the dead weight from the D to the O

19. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Shut down is shut down. Ya have to wonder if he will ever be the same player again.

20. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Rebuild. Laughable. Every team in the NFL is in a constant state of rebuilding and retooling. This isnt baseball. You go with who you can manage to get in the draft and under the cap. Injuries dont change anything mid season cause player movement never happens then.

Now get some cream for your vaginal soreness, put your jersey back on and lets get back to business and get in the playoffs!