Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Problem is, we pretty much need a GREAT defense to cover up our piss poor offense. You can't have a mediocre pass rush, and offense that keeps you on the field all day and now just OK corners.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Guys need to step up, mostly on offense, but on defense too. That's how it goes. People go down, the next guy has to step up.

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I see Cromartie stepping up and letting more of those floating hail marys find their targets in the end zone after about a 5 second hang time.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You guys think Revis is out for the season or more of a 6-8 weeks type deal?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope I am wrong but I'd be surprised if it's not a season ender.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think there is nothing wrong with speculating about Revis's condition, menaing how bad it may be, and how that might affect the team's prospects going forward. But I am going to wait til we hear something more definitive. Meanwhile there's much complaining still to be done about the offense.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its all speculation... but if they fear its an ACL, its probably an ACL. i tore both mine, there are tests they can do to tell if its an ACL. the MRI is more to confirm it.

they put you on a table, bend your knee and pull at it a certain way. if your knee retracts your acl is in tact, if not its probably torn.

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Revis will be gone for the year.

Cro won't step up -- he isn't physical at the line- which you can be to the nth degree with these refs and has horrible form when a ball is in the air. He plays the receiver and not the ball, is in bad position a lot, just sloppy.

Kyle Wilson still doesn't know how to turn around and look for the ball so he is useless on any play that isn't a short crossing route or screen pass.

Jets need to bring in another corner that has experience.

Even with Revis the Jets are the worst defense in football getting off the field on 3rd down. They have any legit sacks this season where the QB didn't give himself up because of a bad snap or busted play?

Maybin, Coples, Pace, Ellis, Wilkerson, Scott, Harris - invisible

9. jerseyjay14

biggest issue with the offense is there is nothing we can count on week to week to be there. no stability. we cant count on the pass protection, we cant count on marks accuracy, we cant count on guys getting open, we cant count on the run game, we cant count on scoring in the redzone.

its really hard to build something on offense when you have no week to week consistency in all 6 or 7 of the major areas on that side of the ball.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

If he is out for the season is Donald Strickland still available? Lankster is not ready to be a #3 corner.

11. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Sign Plaxico today and you fixed your reciever consistency and redzone target problem immediately for not a lot of money.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I think Strickland is a viable option - assuming he's ready to go.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

0 sacks yesterday. Not even a whiff of Ryan Tanny.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree but it was non contact right; so his MCL is probably OK. wonder if its a partial tear or not. that'll be the factor there.

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The problem isn't so much the receivers as it is Sanchez.

Guys are wide open (no defender within 10 yards) and your starting QB can't make the connection.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

I don't know what game you were watching. Sanchez missed a few throws but Hill again was awful. Hill was targeted I think 7 times and had 0 catches. He dropped an easy TD that hit him in the chest.

17. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Are you GMCJets alter-ego? Your obsession with plax is very close to his obsession with braylon. We know you want plax, cause u post it on every thread. If the jets wanted that shithead, they would have signed him weeks ago dude...it aint happenen

18. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Injuries happen the team has to step up. We have played lousy the last two weeks in pretty much every aspect of the game and split those games. We have to get better even with revis in wk 1 and 3 the defense has been horrible other than a few big picks.

The thing I am worried about is if Revis tore his ACL will he ever be the same again. I would think a corner puts a lot of stress on their knees.

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

If he had a Randy Moss type off season where he lost 20 pounds and re-dedicated himself to being the best possible player he could be....I would agree. I doubt it with this guy though. He probably got new rims and bending down to snap a picture next to them is the extent of his workouts

20. jerseyjay14

whats worse, we sent a ton of rushers at him at times and rarely even got close.

we are the only team i know that sends the house and never gets a free rusher