Official Rant thread (not for the faint of heart)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Jan 7, 2007.

1. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

The thing about Pennington is that if he stays healthy he should always be able to get us to 9-7 or 10-6. He'll beat up on the teams with weak defenses and look awful against the elite ones, and generally if he doesn't make poor decisions we should always finish around here.

I would like to see the QB position upgraded but it's probably easy for a coaching staff to settle for Chad and try to improve elsewhere.

My gut tells me Chad starts next season.

2. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Jets are competitive with Chad but can he really take us further than he already has?
    Chad needs to play with the lead or close to it and as it was obvious yesterday when the Pats were pretty much able to drive at will that it was not going to happen.
    Once we got down by 2 scores in the 4th quarter, the game was over. Due to injuries, Chad just does not have ability to bring this team back from 2 or more scores late in the game.
    Chad is great at the touch pass game but when the D can put in an extra DB and wait on the pass, Chad cannot put it through or past the D to get a quick score.
    He can get the occasional long play like the Cotchery but that was early on.
    I am sorry to say this but reality has finally hit, I really dont think that Chad will be able to bring a SB to the Jets.
    Yes he can lead a team to the playoffs and win a game or 2 but I think that is it.
    So the big question is What do the Jets do? Is Clemmens really the QB of the future? Does Chad play mentor again next while we wait for Clemmens again?
    If Mangini does see that Chad is not the answer does Clemmens start next year amid the possibility of a .500 season or can Clemmens bring this team to the playoffs?
    Off season and Training camp will be very interesting.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pats were going nowhere with Bledsoe when he got hurt. Brady while raw was still a huge upgrade from day one. If the Jets come out of the gate against a tough schedule and are 2 and 5 or 1 and 4 and aren't offensively competitive yea you might make a change and that may in fact happen.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with 3rdAnd15Draw here. There are players who just don't practice well, but then play well in games.

I don't want to see a repeat of 2001. It was my opinion at the time (and I'll always stick to it) that the Jets did not win the division due to the poor quarterback play of Vinny Testaverde. Pennington's services were being wasted on the bench. I attended the Cincinnati game that year and was screaming for Testaverde to be benched.

Then 2002 training camp happened. Testaverde's arm strength and Herman Edwards' lack of cajones kept Pennington on the bench. Then once Pennington got to play (due to a Testaverde injury in JAX) the Jets took off.
    Really wasn't a surprise one bit.

I don't want Pennington-Clemens '07 to be just like Testaverde-Pennington '01.

I am hopeful this coaching staff will not be scared to make a move and I am hopeful they will not approach it like Field Goal Edwards approached it in 2001. "Well, golly gee, Testaverde's not Joe Montana, but we're sort of doing alright."

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

All playoff losses hurt, but this wasn't nearly as crushing as what we experienced in recent years. The '98 loss to Denver tops it, followed by Brien's botched kick, and then our implosion against Oakland.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I agree with you on this and I don't think they will be afraid since they witnessed what a Brady over a Bledsoe can do for your team. That said, don't be to surprised if Clemens doesn't show he's the guy and they stick with Chad.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, we don't know about him. Clemens may never pan out.

___

I was thinking about Brett Favre. I will compare Clemens' rookie season to Favre's rookie season. That's all I'll do. To compare them further would be sacrilege.
    Both had a cup of coffee as rookies and showed absolutely nothing. Both looked awful.

Favre- 2 games, 0 of *4 passing, 2 interceptions, sacked 1 time for 11 yards
    Clemens- 2 games, 0 of 1 passing, sacked 4 times for 27 yards

Favre drank too much, goofed around, and fell asleep in meetings in 1991.

"He looked pathetic," Ken Herock said. "He's throwing interceptions and he looks like he's never played the game. He had a long ways to go."

He was traded to Green Bay after the season and took over for Don Majkowski who had injured his rotator cuff during the third game.

Clemens apparently has not acted like Favre did in 1991. He seems more mature.

The reason I bring this up is because from time to time I read comments on this board from posters who have seemed to already write off Clemens based on his two appearances in garbage time.

*In August or September of 2006 a stat correction was made. Previously, Favre's stats showed that he had thrown 5 passes as a rookie.

8. stech

stech Member

ugh,

I live in Boston and had to put on my rubber slicker this morning. All of those masterbating Pats fans have dick in hand again this morning. Why does god hate me so much???

9. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

edited.......

#169 ganggreengirl, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  10. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

wimp...........

11. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

very encouraged and excited for next season, this offseason, the draft, everything....but i fuckin hate losing to the pats

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Chad is a Badger on LSD.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

DeWayne Robertson REALLY sucks!

14. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

Wow...this thread coulda gone without the bump...

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I don't get it. Why was he banned?

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Ranting....well, despite our first place in the division and second in the conference and highest scoring offense, I still have reason to rant.

But not right now, because I want bed.