Official NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by GreenMachine, Feb 15, 2010.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

The lone wolf in the Shootout pulls off the victory. It's Team Penske's year.

PS: Why does this thread have to be in the fucking Crystal Ball forum? I feel like a second class citizen.

2. tubby

tubby Active Member

I refuse to watch NASCAR because of the Chase. I loved it until they implemented that shit.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It doesn't have to be....but I don't think you guys would get a great reception in any other forum..

I joined a fantasy NASCAR league this year, so that's the extent to which I care.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about joining one but idk. I can never stick to it even tho I watch all the races.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I might try and rekindle my interest this year. Not only did I give up on MLB and the NBA years ago, now there's a real chance that the NFL will screw it up with the labor sitaution, too. Meanwhile at least they are making the cars look somewhat better.

Still, it's been pretty much a long decline since the late nineties in terms of quality. The driver everyone loves to hate is too inconsistent and is really a cock smoker, not just the appearance of being one. The Chase blows. Still too many cookie cutter tracks, although I take it they've thankfully pulled one of the Fontana races, which is a step in the right direction. Still don't like Gibbs's sellout to Toyota, either. That will take years to get over for me, anyway.

And the whole red state culture thing wears me down, too.

Perhaps worst of all is I used to go to the Pocono all the time, and when they moved the start time back, it just made the day too long to go out there and back. So I stopped. If they ever move it up again, I may go back.

Still, the racing was better last year, the cars look better although still not as good as they looked before this awful COT came in, but at least they got rid of the rice burner wing and the plow trough air dam up front. Martin's last year, still in good equipment, Harvick poised to maybe get it done finally, the black hat guys at Gibbs still worth hating. It's promising.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be a great year. The guys that all had down years should rebound and the guys meant to break out will do it. Something has got to give.

7. Big Blocker

Watched the twin 150's, the 300 and the 500. Not much else going on this weekend! Heh. The worst was definitely the 500. 500 miles of watching that gay racing was way too much. At least we know the rest of the races won't be like that, but unless there's a rules change at Daytona I at least know in advance I won't have to make plans to watch the 400 there.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At first, I thought that bullshit doe-see-doe drafting partner nonsense would be unwatchable, until I thought about the possibility of awesome wrecks it would cause. I went into it not expecting much and got more than I expected. The truck race was far better, though.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

but where you went wrong was watching them, you can just catch the crashes on sportscenter in between reports on actual sports.

even though sportscenter blows balls

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Anybody into the Whelen Modified Series?

These races are great, open wheel action, fast cars. Lots of rubbing and brawling.

Teddy Christopher:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. iowajetsgirl

iowajetsgirl New Member

Looks like I am going to Brickyard for my first race this summer. What should I expect?

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

a lot of left turns.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Parasailing rednecks.

14. tubby

tubby Active Member

loud noises

15. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

The smell of jet fuel everytime they pass you...NASCAR is ok on TV...love it live.... I go to both Charlotte races every year....

16. GreenMachine

One of the most boring tracks to watch NAscar. Hope you have a high seat, because the track is flat.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The Indy race is just shit. Those cars don't fare well on that track. I hate flat track racing in general. Went to Pocono a few times but that track doesn't lend itself to side by side racing either.

18. GreenMachine

The 2nd worst track for a race. Get rid of pocono, Indy and road races.

Bring back rockingham and myrtle beach and add 1 more Dega or daytona race

19. tpplayer33

tpplayer33 Banned

Agreed. Pocono and Indy are pretty boring. Indy has a ton of history, but the racing itself for stock cars is not great.

20. Big Blocker

I thought Pocono was great.