OFFICIAL MATT LEINART THREAD: Merge x1938

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Mine was a negative thread, oh well, I guess I am still enamored with the guy, just jokes, not much else to talk about right now in the Jets forum I guess

2. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

not sure what you mean

3. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

Not to sound too vicious, but did you hate yourself when you were a newbie?

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Okay, this Matt Leinart obsession is getting ridiculous. I understand this is draft season, and that this is the primary news, but Matt Leinart probably won't even be available at our pick, yet literally 10 of the top 11 threads are about them. Please keep your opinions on Matt Leinart in this thread. This is a message board with hundreds of people on it. As much as you may love your opinion, most of the time, you can fit it into a thread that exists already. Most page one threads are from guys with 1000 or less posts. Not to hate on newbies, but we can't have 10 threads on the same guy, each with one person saying his own opinion on the matter all in the New York Jets board. I hate mass-merged threads, but at this point, I have to do this.

5. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I know we're gonna find people who complain about this, but we're not budging. 10 out of the first 11 threads being on Leinart is a joke. We try making you guys have it your way, but then when it gets abused and we merge them, the other half complains. Jeez

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was necessary, but you guys are the top dogs so its cool.

Lets think this scenario through...

Bush goes to Houston
    Brick goes to Saints
    Young goes to Tennessee

What do the Jets do?

Do they go with Leinart? I think they almost have to.

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

nice merge, good work fellas

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

If Leinart falls into their lap like that, it would be impossible to pass up.

9. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I did, and sometimes I still do because I haven't been here for a complete year, you should have seen my posts

10. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

Whoever they select we are going to hear some boos and cheers this year

11. PennyandtheJets

I found this in Matt Leinart's diary for ESPN...VERY INTERESTING....

"Yet, even though I want to relax, I plan on getting some hard workouts in the rest of the week. I worked out on Saturday and Sunday. I had to take Monday and Tuesday off because I didn't have time. I'm in OK shape, but I just need to continue preparing for that workout with the Jets.

My focus is 100 percent on my visit with the Jets early next week. Reporters have been asking a lot of questions about my agent situation. It is a subject that I would prefer to discuss next week."

It is so obvious he wants to be a Jet.

12. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I was trying to show all of the Matt threads, so I went through and just started writing................leinart...............but people started responding sorry.

13. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Why would you think that. I don't want to be cynical, but I'm sure he's been instructed to say that, and he shouldn't say anything except for that. With that being said, I'm sure he wouldn't mind making the NJ Jets his new home.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and no black head coach has ever won a super bowl, does that mean one never will? of course not, just as a run first QB will win a SB eventually. you should be embarassed by making such a statement. hasn't yet and can never happen are two entirely different things entirely.

with all the hating on the noobs, and rightfully so, you vets should step to the table with much better logic than that.

15. PennyandtheJets

I don't think there was anything wrong with what I said. You assumed that I meant no running QB would ever win a superbowl. I simply said the Jets may want the more conventional type QB. No need to get all over me for a single post.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I completely disagree with anyone who says Young is a run first QB. Yes, he ran alot. A lot of designed QB run plays were called at Texas. When a pass play was called, he looks to pass first, checks down his options, and if nothing is open or he gets in trouble he runs. This is what I've seen.

When I hear someone say "run first QB" I think of a QB who is looking for a running lane on a pass play before looking at his primary receiver, or maybe even a QB who only looks at his primary then runs. VY doesn't fit this mold IMO.

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If he was visiting another team early next week, he would say them. There's really nothing worth looking into with that.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

But Mack my obsessive man love for Matt can't possible be expressed in a mere reply to a thread. What if we really get Leinart, do you think he will even bother reading a thread response?

Matt the mods are stifling my ability to tell you how I really feel in my very own thread. I hope you will understand.

Got to run, I want to get a Vince Young thread started just in case we go in another direction.

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The strangest part about that whole diary entry is, "I had to take Monday and Tuesday off because I didn't have time. I'm in OK shape. . . " The kid's trying to convince teams to invest millions of dollars in him, and he can't find a few hours every day to work out? What could be more important?!

20. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]