Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

First of all, IF Denver really does not want a good qb in the trade, and want a combo of picks, it will still matter how high the picks are. If they specifically want Sanchez is the Jet pick at 17 going to get that done for them?

I also am not willing to go with two firsts, even if one is next year's. I agree he's worth more than just one first, but I don't think he's worth two. A first and a third would be far better, even this year's third.

2. ........

........ Trolls

That's what's funny. I think he can handle the NY media, or largely try to avoid it as Eli has. However, I STILL wouldn't give up our players for him, and will be perfectly happy if we don't get him. He's a clear franchise QB in my eyes, but I don't give up on improving the rest of the team for the sake of certainty.

3. ........

........ Trolls

I agree with the first statement. Denver picks ahead of us. They have to be sure that Sanchez will still be available at 12, which is far from certain. They have a better shot if they trade him to a team picking ahead of them. If he goes to SF, for example, Sanchez is there at 10 OR would fall to 12.

Like I said, if we have to give up too much to convince Denver, it ain't worth it.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, SF could pretty much give them what they want. I'm no draft expert, but from what I've heard Sanchez is probably there at 10.

Fwiw part of what makes me less inclined to give up too much for him in picks is I am not so down on Clemens and Ratliff as some here. If I were I might be more desparate.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

A first and a third is was the Jets paid NE for Curtis Martin and nobody felt they overpaid. They were both 25 and both had already shown signs of greatness. A franchise QB is worth far more than a RB.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Cutler will go to the redskins as Snyder will throw stupid money at him.

If we could get him with 2 x 1ts and Harris then get it done !!!

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Woody's pockets aren't exactly empty either.....

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

geez..Cutler's price is gonna go through the roof.....but that being said...Florio is the one reporting this :rolleyes:

9. Don

It's not surprising. What is surprising is that there are Jets fans who say they don't want him. Obviously there are plenty of teams that do.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The one thing I cannot complain about the Jets in recent years- when they have their eye on a player, they do whatever it takes to get him.

In recent years they:
    Got Brett Favre when it looked like he was going to TB
    Calvin Pace when the Dolphins? were also bidding for him
    Bart Scott
    Traded up for Revis
    Traded up for Keller

I believe if the Jets really want Cutler, they will get him

11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Mort reports two first rounders.
    As much as I don't want Cutler, that price is fair considering our history with first rounders.
    Just don't want to see Jets giving up players on roster.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Well...if the Broncos are serious about dealing Cutler out of the AFC...that will hamper the Jets' chances....which could force Tanny to put together a package that Bowlen couldn't refuse. I don't even want to speculate....because a trade package of that magnitude could cripple the team.

I trust Tanny though....he's not about making stupid deals. If the deal isn't there to make...then we roll with Clemens/Ratty....and i'm fine with that too :)

13. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Not to sure if this has been posted. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Jay Cutler-QB- Broncos Apr. 2 - 11:36 am et

The Jets spent Wednesday formulating a plan to acquire Jay Cutler via trade, according to the NY Daily News.

The Daily News seconds ESPN's report that Denver hasn't asked for a QB in a trade package, and says Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is "prepared" for a bidding war. The Jets may have to substantially outbid the rest of the league, however, because they play in the AFC and are the best team involved.
    Source: New York Daily News
    Related: Jets

14. Don

This says that too..plus they want 2 #1s. That would seem to get it done.

"In the meantime, the Broncos have informed all interested teams that they want at least two first-round picks for Cutler and getting a quarterback in exchange is not a necessity, Chris Mortensen reports. A team source said it was possible Cutler could be traded as soon as Friday."

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/n...-two-first-round-picks-for-cutler?eref=fromSI

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm not sure how i feel about that statement, yet.

EDIT: Let me clarify...that statement tells me 2 things are possible. 1) Woody Johnson said "Do whatever is necessary to land him" and 2) Nobody is untouchable on the roster

#595 MBGreen, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  16. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I don't know if this is good or bad.

I don't want to have to throw someone like Revis or Harris in this trade. Our D is one of the reasons to be excited now. Cutler is great and all, but, I think our draft should be the 1st offer. Give them the whole thing.

17. Don

I don't really buy that last part about the AFC. NE traded Cassell to KC for just a 2nd. If it was the same division it would be different.

18. Don

Revis is going nowhere, we can't afford the cap hit. Harris could very well go in a trade.

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah I don't want to deal Revis or Harris. I wouldn't mind sending our '09 first and our '10 first and maybe a 4th if that's what it takes. I don't mind sending our 2010 first because I feel like it will be a high first rounder. I think we are a 9 win team right now, and with Cutler I can see the Jets as an 11 win team (on paper).

20. Bvon

Bvon New Member

That scares the hell out of me. I don't want to have to trade a star player who is happy to get a player who is miserable on his current team. Shouldn't have to happen this way.

I don't see how Denver has really any say in this, they have a player who is refusing to play with them and his value should not be as high as it is. Granted, he's a great QB, but, this situation has gone on so long that it really isn't fair to keep his value up so high.

Randy Moss was traded for a mid draft pick and he is one of the top 3 WRs in the league. I know a QB is rare to find with that kind of talent, but, come on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.