Official Cut Braxton Berrios thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 4, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok well I disagree. I dont think he has earned a raise or an extension.

He is near the bottom in kick return average in 23.6, not one of the best. And he has 82 yards receiving for the entire season. IMO that's not "capable in the slot", maybe 82 yards a game or two but jeez this is week 14 and he has 82 yards receiving for the whole damn year.

I'm not extending that if I'm the GM. I think we can replace 82 yards in the passing game easily and if you take a knee you get it at the 25 which is farther out than Berrios is taking it

#141 BrowningNagle, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Lol. Impossible to win

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

2 very incorrect things in your post.

1] The kick returns are not coming from out of the end zone the starting position is not worse than a touchback because a touchback is not possible, if the kick is not in the end zone.

2) You can’t judge passing yards when your QB was Zach Wilson for the majority of the season.
    Hell Garrett Wilson did not have a receiving TD in all the games Zach was QB.

Some people here think that you can just throw anybody out there to field punts, it is one of the more difficult things to do on the football field and if you fuck up and muff it, it is disastrous.

azhar80 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

well Mike White is the QB now and he dropped the game winning pass

And I don’t think just anyone can catch a punt and call fair catch, those were your words. But surely the Jets ought to be able to find one for less than $8 mill annually.

The Patriots sure did, as we all saw

Jets69, 94Abraham and barfolomew like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Berrios should be cut next year if he’s not going to play. And they clearly don’t think he should be playing since well he’s not.

He’s one of those guys who gets overvalued by Jets fans because we’ve had so many years of bad receivers that when a guy isn’t totally inept, we think they’re good. Jeremy Kerley part II.

Jets69, 94Abraham and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

he wishes he was Jeremy Kerley

Berrios best receiving season was last year- 430 yards, that would be a down year for Kerley. Berrios has 82 yards in 2022

azhar80, Jets69 and barfolomew like this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

For those that question why BB is in the goal line situation, perhaps they practice the drills since the summer?

Unfortunately, he missed a big TD, and simply he didn’t catch it. I am not going to argue whether he should not be in goal line situations or cut from the squad. Let’s move on and hopefully we can beat the Bills again.

azhar80 and barfolomew like this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, he needs to be removed from that role. I would rather go with Moore, Davis, and Wilson. Also, where is the pass catching TE we drafted Ruckert? Rather see him get some of those reps at the goal line. He's big and can take up a lot of space and give White a nice big target in the endzone. Enough with the smurf Berrios. Back to punt returns and kickoffs for him. I know all games are important but this one was more than winnable on the road. This hurts.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, that would be on the idiot offensive coordinator. He is a flat out moron. I know Saleh was hoping to speed up the process of making the Jets competitive and winning. But we got a coach in a crucial position not up to that task. Maybe he is overwhelmed or just not that good. But this is not the time to find that information out. His playing calling has been bad for a while. Zach Wilson regressed and he took all of the blame but it's not all on him. This game showed LaFleur is seriously flawed in his playcalling

LAJet likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

So this is Berrios week. This is the state of things now. Lose a game, choose a villain (I can't use the word 'goat' since its meaning has changed) and rip him apart. For now it can't be Zach so we move on to Berrios. I predict Berrios will make a play to silence his critics. Let's wait and see. I'm not feeding him to the Lions. (Oh, can't say that either)

It was unusual to see Berrios as the intended receiver in the end zone in a crucial spot. He usually comes through in those situations although we haven't been in many "win the game" situations. It would have been less crucial without that disaster "fade" call in the back of the end zone.

#150 LogeSection2RowJ, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Kneejerk reaction to a close loss is to find the most visible culprit and flog him relentlessly. Berrios breaks a KR or catches a TD and all sins forgiven. I would like to see Bam on KR's though. Would remind me of the Leon Johnson returns from back in the day.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Got to remember that LeFleur is only in year 2 of being the OC of the NYJ's. He's still learning how to game plan effectively and in time, will also learn how to operate in the Red Zone. Right now? He's a bit too pass happy for my tastes and he really doesn't seem to have much use for the running game except for a change of pace. We could be so much more effective if MLF knew how to integrate his Air Raid tendencies with Ground and Pound. If he did, it could become an entirely new system he could name after himself.

boozer32, Jets69 and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Right. Let's not forget the Mike White QB sneak TD that we got. We barely got that one in. I thought we didn't at first. Most of us felt the same way. White himself didn't know if he did or didn't. It almost was another RZ disaster.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Amen brotha

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Overvalued by Jets fans, when has that ever happened?? LoL

stinkyB and barfolomew like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Berrios is a good player. He made a mistake and he's getting eviscerated for it. You can't just keep throwing players away when they aren't superstars - you need the bulk of your roster to be players who are good but not great, so you can afford them. We've had absolute dross filling out the bottom half of this roster for years and now we have good-not-great players. Plus he has great attitude and he's made lots of plays for us. For fuck's sake, find something worth moaning about.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Berrios is the type of player that doesn't end up starting but wins MVP of the Super Bowl. He's a locker room guy like Carter.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Like this turd?
    [​IMG]

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Welker was Belichick's first love song to Wayne Chrebet.

Then Danny Woodcock.

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Listen, we can all admit we liked Berrios because we all hoped he could be our Wes Welker/Julian Edelman. He’s not. He’s as pedestrian and replaceable as it gets.