Official Cut Braxton Berrios thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 4, 2022.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I agree on Berrios, but if you think you can put any kind of trust in Elijah Moore you’re nuts. Jets fans seem to like Moore a lot more than he’s actually earned. That lack of getting his feet inbounds earlier in the game was inexcusable. He’s been in the doghouse for running lazy routes and poor blocking effort and he still does even with White in. He’s the only guy I’d even consider Berrios getting that play over.

2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Uh, maybe you should re-think this.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It's becoming somewhat painful even after a win, never mind a loss. Win or lose, there is always the same subset of fans that demand at least one player to get immediately cut, a coach to be fired for poor planning, and as always we bring back the same comment about Zach sucks and should be cut blah blah blah, as if that is remotely germain to the game at hand.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm far more active on here in the offseason than the regular season. Sometimes it just gets brutal. And it's always the saaaame people...

I thought it would end once we started winning but here we are, in the playoffs as of today, controlling our own destiny and the same people who said we were gonna win 4 games and Saleh should be fired are finding new things to complain about.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Are you down for an $8.2 Million cap hit for Berrios in 2023?

6. BroadwayAaron

I'm sure the team, who structured an out after year 1, is panicking about that currently and it's something we should definitely be spending time thinking about/discussing as we are in the middle of the playoff hunt in December.

7. BrowningNagle

I didn't ask the team. I asked you

8. BroadwayAaron

Well it's a dumb question. No one is keeping a punt returner and backup slot receiver for $8 mil if they have the option not to. There are about 3 different viable options before having to worry about keeping him with that cap hit.

9. BrowningNagle

How is it a dumb question?

And okay then, sounds like you think he should be cut as well. I think its pretty dumb to be crying about the cut Braxton Berrios thread when you want him cut anyway

--

(to the mods- sorry to use the word dumb, I love everybody here. I hope its okay since he used the word first)

10. BroadwayAaron

Show me where I said I want him cut.

11. BrowningNagle

You said you dont want to pay him his contract for next season if there is an option not to. The option is to release him. Release is another word for 'cut'

12. BroadwayAaron

Yikes. In a league where teams restructure massive contracts throughout the course of an entire year, you somehow forgot that was an option?

Extend him for a year, push money to a third year, problem solved. But you also seem like the type that would whine over a $4 mil cap hit being pushed down the road.

13. BrowningNagle

wow, to me that's even dumber (sorry again mods). Extending his contract further? What has he done to earn that in your opinion?

14. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Handbag fighting keyboard warriors at it again lol

JackBower likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on BZ. Not to mention the constant JD heavy criticism about " luxury picks " in Sauce, Wilson and Hall, or the "expensive" trade up for AVT to mention a few, that has now fizzled to zero like a fart in the win. Their last grasp is the complete collapse of Zach so they have something to bitch about. We shall see. Last chapter has not been written for Zach, or Becton for that matter or even Mims if MLF gets his head straight. .
    Did those folks ever gave him credit for the many free agents that he brought in under the radar, including OBTW, the one QB that now are maddly raving about in White, while at the beginning of the season bitching at his incompetence to not bring in adequate coverage behind Zach.
    I stopped paying attention to the negative BS, that's par for the course, and focus on the utmost success for the Jets this season, and the very best to every Jet player on the team, because that's what' is best for all the the loyal fans that stuck thru thick or thin.
    We for sure are no longer the SOJ anymore, but I'm afraid we have still have plenty of SOJ fans shitting at every turn, no matter what, win, lose or draw.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Jefferson dropped a 40 yarder that hit him right in the hands. It happens.

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree. This thread should be cut, it's ridiculous. If Berrios makes that catch he's a hero. But, he doesn't and gets his own rant thread on this forum.

LAJet likes this.
  18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

No one would say hes a hero but just doing a job he is paid to do. He gets a rant thread because he is overpaid and folks dont feel like a return man is worth 8mill a year and that crucial drop was icing on the cake. Perfect storm.

19. BroadwayAaron

He’s one of the best KR/PR by the numbers and a capable slot WR who can also be a gadget guy. “Extending” doesn’t mean a big raise it means the team is spreading out is cap hit and guaranteeing him some more money. Again, common practice.

20. BroadwayAaron

Im convinced that some people are not happy unless they have something to be unhappy about. Or they don’t get the attention they want in real life so they look for it on the internet. I prefer to think these things over coming to the realization that some people just suck to their core.