Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sounds like you agree with me. LOL, let’s get this show on the road

blackssmagic, Falco21 and Noam like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

hmm. peeps keep saying this "he has the talent" he is horribly inconsistent accuracy wise. this is a physical trait. so, i think he DOES NOT have the talent.
    or else he wouldnt miss open guys as much. every positive thing he does is VERY OCCASIONAL.

If i hit 20% of my 3 pts attempts atthe park, does that mean I havethe talent to hit threes? cos i do it once in a while? no, it means i shoot 20% and dont have much talent at all.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

His accuracy is inconsistent because his footwork is inconsistent. All of Sam's mechanical stuff is an absolute disaster, most likely because Gase didn't give a shit and we had a joke of an offensive staff with Gase, Patton Oswalt, and no QB coach. During that 4 game stretch in 2018 where it looked like he was the QB we've all been waiting for, his mechanics were really good and he was deadly accurate. Fix his mechanics and you fix his accuracy.

The biggest concern I have with Sam is his decision making and him panicking in the pocket. He seems petrified of throwing the ball of the middle of the field and he has difficulty seeing defenders. It's like he has this mindset that it's one defender per receiver and he can't see defenders lurking or he doesn't know where they are. Mentally, he's still a rookie after 3 seasons.

I'm on the take Justin Fields train because I think he can be coached up to become a top QB by year 3 like Allen is and it will reset the QB contract.

#1723 NYJFOREVER, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was a three game stretch in 2018 (Bills, Texans, Packers), Sam was useless in the season finale against the Patriots.

5. Losmeister

mostly, yes.
    the mechanics go back to USC. he has same offseason access to all the shit that Josh Allen did/does Jordan Palmer blah blah blah... and there is no result. When in doubt, his horrible habits resurface cos they are ingrained. i dont think ANYONE is fixing Sam.

and also, yes, his football brain is the quivalent is a early 90's processor...

also, just prior to those fucking 4 games he went sub 50% 2td 7 INT.... and we lost 3 of those 4 games and the season was already coooked cos he was poor.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

True, the entire team was worthless in that season finale. Sam made a couple nice runs and throws that game though.

My original point still stands though.

7. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Perfect!

Now hire Saleh

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He IS horribly inconsistent, but hasn't always been. His accuracy was pretty good at USC and in his rookie season if memory serves me correctly. I believe that is issues with accuracy and ball placement are directly related to his shoddy fundamentals (footwork and throwing mechanics). They are complicated by his throwing off platform on the run. I definitely think his footwork and throwing mechanics can be fixed. The question is whether he is willing to put in the focused hard work and make the necessary changes. Before you joined us a two posters posted info regarding this. The first shared something that said that Sam was approached by I believe his QB Coach Jordan Palmer about changing his footwork and mechanics and he refused saying that he felt comfortable the way he was. A day or so later someone shared something that seemed to contradict that, so I'm not certain whether he is even willing to make the necessary changes that would improve his accuracy. If not, then he has no chance of ever fulfilling his potential. If he does, his accuracy and ball placement should improve. Then it would be a matter of working on reading Ds. I'm not sure whether being able to see the whole field is something that can be developed or if some people have that ability and others don't, but his accuracy can be fixed and he does have good arm talent. If he didn't, he'd never have been drafted #3.

Losmeister likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Two years? You mean twenty-six years! THAT was when the jets hired a coach just fired by the Eagles--Rich Kotite! They then repeated that mistake (hiring just fired coach) 2 years ago with Gase. If an NFL team fires a coach, why the hell do the jets believe he should be their next coach? No to Pederson!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Losmeister

i know he works/has worked with J Palmer. And I dont give J Palmer much cred. He's worked with tons of QBs good and bad and Cant give credit for someones success whose worked with him and ignore all the others that nothing ever came of. Theres a good J Alllen article where he talks about having his motion dissected and there were other guys... so, Sam likely AT LEAST had access to the same guys analysis. And?? His crap mechanics are the same as they were his last year at USC.

As if no one has been overdrafted at #3? They miss ALL THE TIME.

Borat likes this.
  12. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Urban has just signed for the Jags.

That's concencus #1 opening now off the books.

This makes us now #2, I hope we get the guy we really wanted

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

LAJet and Noam like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am very happy to see Meyer go to the Jags!

Now we need LAC to lock up Daboll and we should get our number one pick.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Daboll is Trevor Lawrence and Saleh is Justin Fields?

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hard to tell who the best overall leader for the entire team might be. But both have a strong pedigree

16. Losmeister

Urban Meyer will have a stroke on the sideline on o these days, ffs...

17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Chargers were the #1 opening in my opinion.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Tannehill has been awesome. Certainly doesn’t hold them back in any fashion.

20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

This bodes really well for us if JD really likes Saleh or Smith.

Especially if the Falcons are as high on Brady as people seem to think. Detroit and Houston are the two jobs we're definitely more appealing than.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.