Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Solid video but I strongly disagree about his assessment of Jim Harbaugh.

If we're to draft Trevor Lawrence, well then Jim becomes the perfect candidate imo.

He played the NFL QB position for 14 years (11 years as a starter) which goes to show me that not only is he an offensive mind, but knows and understands the QB position (and how important an O-Line truly is for QBs).

On top of that he was an outstanding head coach. A great one to be truthful.

He's gone 47-18 @ Michigan (.723%) and more importantly he went 44-19-1 (.695%) as San Francisco's head coach during his 4 years there including a 5-3 playoff record and a SB appearance. Records of 8-8, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 13-3!

Never had an NFL losing season and his NFL winning percentage of .695% still to this day ranks top 5 All-Time (5th) amongst coaches with at least 50 hands under their belt.

I'm sorry. But if the Jets secure the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence? A+ Cap Space? 13 picks within the first 3 rounds over the next 3 draft's including 4 first round picks over the next two seasons? As a former QB himself and successful winning coach @ both Michigan (.723%) and San Francisco (.695%)? There is no better option than Jim Harbaugh.

Just look @ his older brother in Baltimore. These brothers are certified WINNERS and even met against one another in the SB! The older brother (John) beat his younger brother (Jim) by a whopping 3 points (34-31).

Jim Harbaugh would become the closest thing to Bill Parcells that we've had since Parcells himself who arrived after a 1-15 disaster.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree regarding Harbaugh especially if posters here are correct and he would want total control. It would never happen, so you might as well forget Harbaugh.

blackssmagic and Noam like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Solid video but I strongly disagree about his assessment of Jim Harbaugh.

If we're to draft Trevor Lawrence, well then Jim becomes the perfect candidate imo.

He played the NFL QB position for 14 years (11 years as a starter) which goes to show me that not only is he an offensive mind, but knows and understands the QB position (and how important an O-Line truly is for QBs).

On top of that he was an outstanding head coach. A great one to be truthful.

He's gone 47-18 @ Michigan (.723%) and more importantly he went 44-19-1 (.695%) as San Francisco's head coach during his 4 years there including a 5-3 playoff record and a SB appearance. Records of 8-8, 11-4-1, 12-4 and 13-3!

Never had an NFL losing season and his NFL winning percentage of .695% still to this day ranks top 5 All-Time (5th) amongst coaches with at least 50 games under their belt.

I'm sorry. But if the Jets secure the #1 pick and Trevor Lawrence? A+ Cap Space? 13 picks within the first 3 rounds over the next 3 draft's including 4 first round picks over the next two seasons? As a former QB himself and successful winning coach @ both Michigan (.723%) and San Francisco (.695%)? There is no better option than Jim Harbaugh.

Just look @ his older brother in Baltimore. These brothers are certified WINNERS and even met against one another in the SB! The older brother (John) beat his younger brother (Jim) by a whopping 3 points (34-31).

Jim Harbaugh would become the closest thing to Bill Parcells that we've had since Parcells himself who arrived after a 1-15 disaster.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Look at his winning percentages @ Michigan and San Francisco. If anyone deserves total control it's Jim because let's be honest NC... JD has 0 control right now because we all know Gase is running the show right now.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Still waiting for the "Charles Casserly recommends Matt Patricia" poll option.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I want him too but he would never come here. When you make that much money ($10M/year about) in college in South Carolina and you're a legend you have zero reason to jump to the pros. He would most likely take a pay cut and walk into a Lion's den of a tough situation. Never happen but I think Dabo's one of the best at any level.

blackssmagic likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I know he's a pipe dream but he's now 50 years of age and not getting any younger.
    He has nothing else to prove on an NCAA level as he's already an All-Time great; so I disagree that he has zero reason to jump to the NFL, because if he retires from Clemson, without ever giving the NFL a shot; he could live the rest of his life with regret for not giving himself a chance and testing himself on the biggest stage in all of football; the NFL.

Look @ the Raiders. Jon Gruden (like Bill Cowher) absolutely loved the booth with ESPN. However @ the age of 57 he comes out of Football coaching retirement and agreed to a 10 year $100,000,00 (MILLION) dollar contract.

The Jets are one of the most profitable Franchises in all of sports (believe it or not) and could easily afford $100M in order to convince Dabo to make the leap (alongside of HIS kid QB in Trevor Lawrence).

I'm tired of the Johnson's taking flyers on glorified DC's or unproven HCs and it's time for a change. It's time for the Johnson's to open up a checkbook and bring in a proven winner regardless if it's Dabo or Harbaugh but us fans deserve an owner who will open up the check book in order to finally land is a household name of a Head Coach.

It's ok if Dabo says no. But if we've got the #1 pick and his kid Trevor for the picking? You've gotta at least try and throw the kitchen sink @ him while allowing him to bring his SCOUTING DEPT from Clemson here to NYJ because man oh man can those guys scout HS talent from all over the Country.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Read this recent article below. There are already NFL rumblings about Dabo leaving with his kid QB Trevor Lawrence. Dabo even said word for word... "Never say never"!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.goupstate.com/amp/3453797001

Sack exchange likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Gase is not running the show. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Douglas has a 6-year contract and unless he gets fed up dealing with the idiotic Johnsons brothers, he will be in charge of the draft and FA going forward. Book on it.

As the commentator in the video clip said, the Michigan fans are less than thrilled with Harbaugh and he's done nothing with the prize QB that he was supposed to develop.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's not his fault the kid turned out to be a bust QB.

And fk Michigan fans they've been around since 1879 and haven't won a Championship since 1997; so they can fk off with the Jim displeasure because they weren't winning without him either. The man is 47-18 with a great winning percentage of .723% so I couldn't care less what those clueless Michigan fans have to say about a great HC because they don't deserve him to begin with.

And he's top 5 all time in winning percentage as an NFL HC so once again fk those Michigan fans NC!

Michigan had an awful 10 year run before Harbaugh ever arrived and they've had nothing but winning records since he's arrived so I couldn't care less what they have to say because even Bill Belichick couldn't win crap without Tom Brady due to bust QBs.

And Gase IS running the show and the release of Bell just goes to show. JD sucked Gase off to make him HAPPY and RELEASED BELL because Gase didn't want him... However Andy Reid did!

Sack exchange likes this.
  11. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I don’t care their age! They are leaders and all about culture, and million times the head coach Gase/Bowles is or has been! My point is we need leader of men! Not some 1st time head coach, that has no idea how to create winning culture, but knows all x and o’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sack exchange

I am one that agrees with you on Gase/JD, they are attached at hip until they are not! I still believe Gase has a voice, unfortunately. Nobody believes me, if we win a game or two, the whole narrative will change.

13. Sack exchange

Well never say never! Could be, if he had goal to coach in NFL. But will take boat load of $$$$. I am all for it.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It would be great if true. He definitely wouldn't accept a pay decrease to come to the NFL. So that means the Jets would have to pay him $10M+/year. I believe that would make him the highest or top 3 paid HC in the NFL. That's high praise right off the bat. Also that's a hefty price tag for the Jets. Would the Johnsons be wiling to fork up that kind of dough for a first time NFL HC?

Again very unlikely for a college legend in his prime to leave for the NFL. Especially considering all the factors like money, reputation, fame, etc. I'd sign up for Dabo in a heartbeat. He's one of the best at any level. I just don't see it happening from his or the Jets perspective unfortunately. But hey ya never know.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would not like or be happy with any of the candidates on the OPs list.

16. NCJetsfan

Rex a leader of men? ROFLMAO!!! He is no leader, and he has no idea how to create a winning culture, either. In 2009 and 2010 he rode on the work and the foundation that Mangini had laid. Rex tore it down, and then there was 4 years of shit, then he went to Buffalo and there was shit there for several years. If he is such a great leader and knows how to create a winning culture, why did things go to shit with the Jets and then in Buffalo. The clear answer is that he isn't a leader and doesn't know how to create a winning culture.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So you wouldn’t be happy with the “Other” category where you fill in the blank.

Ray Lucas likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

These coaches are all promising enough that I'm not really sure who I'd take. If I were to evaluate them:

Bieniemy: The Chiefs offense is great, and he seems like a really good guy, but how much is him and how much is what's around him?
    Smith: Seems awesome right now, but it's a small sample size.
    Roman: Long track record of getting the most out of QBs, but he gets his best results with dual threat QBs, and Lawrence, while mobile, isn't a dual threat.
    Harbaugh: Only one with a proven track record as an NFL head coach, and his results were terrific. But he's been out of the league for a while, and he has a prickly personality.
    Brady: Worked wonders with Burrow and looks really good in Carolina, but it's still a small sample size.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

I would definitely consider Lawrence a "dual threat" the question is will they allow him to run in the NFL.

Someone that big especially at the QB position should not be that agile and fast

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I clicked on Arthur Smith, we could do with a laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.