Official BS CALL!!! Thread - Merged

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Dinobot 2, Oct 29, 2006.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

That is 2 games now with horrible officiating. Against the Jags it didn't really matter, but that call today cost us a chance to play in overtime and possibly come out with a victory.

I thought it was a touch down, too. The refs didn't even review the call, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also thought Baker contolled the bal before he was pushed out, too.

We were robbed to the nth degree.

Boo Hiss on the NFL officiating. Just horrible.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Right, because the judgement of a guy 5 feet from the play should be overruled by someone 20 feet away from the play.

It's a JUDGEMENT call.......

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Explain to me why the refs couldent have just called it a TD and THEN reviewed it, so neither team can complain about getting cheated.

Its not even Cle was going to lose if the TD occured.....it would go to OT and give both teams a fair chance to win the game.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If they had called it a TD it still wouldn't have been reviewable (and then the Browns would have been pissed). The review system is designed to correct questions of fact - confirm or refute what actually happened. In a force out play, the question is what would have happened, not what did happen. A replay can possibly resolve what DID happen, but it can never resolve what COULD HAVE happened, and that's why the play is not reviewable.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Cleveland wouldent have been pissed....they would get a chance to win in OT then. If they cant win in OT, then they dont deserve it.

and they need to do away with this judgement shit because its clear to me that you cant leave it in the refs hands.

FACT is that Baker had caught it, didnt juggle the ball and WAS pushed out of bounds. And usually the word of the wise is you reward the reciever who makes the crazy catch rather than the defender...

7. SadlyAJetsFan

SadlyAJetsFan New Member

Didn't it say that scoring plays were reviewable? Is this or is this not a scoring play?

8. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

That's just biased.

9. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

It wasn't a scoring play because it was ruled incomplete. Even if it was a complete pass, only the point of whether or not he maintained possession could be challenged by the booth, not whether or not it was a force out.

10. SadlyAJetsFan

SadlyAJetsFan New Member

Ah alright by scoring play I thought it meant possible scoring place. Then yeah I understand why they didn't review it. I mean obviously it was still the wrong call on the field.

11. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

I mean how many times have the Jets won or got helped out largely from a BS Call. Everything can't go their way, its the way of the game. It shouldn't have come to a desperation TD as it is, I'm ready to move on, anybody else?

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Guys - its not that hard. Here is the rule again. Let's stop talking about why the play wasn't reviewed and start talking about the mistake made on the field by the referees in not ruling that the play was a TD>

If the receiver does not land in bounds because he was pushed out by a defender, it is not reviewable whether it is ruled a TD or an incomplete pass. It is a judgment call as to whether the receiver would have landed in bounds or not. Period. So the call on the field would have stood either way- TD or incomplete- and could not be reviewed.

The mistake was by the referees on the field not ruling it a TD. There was no mistake with regard to a replay review.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I whipped this up, making a sketch of what the crime scene looked like at Cleveland Brown Stadium after the game.

[​IMG]
    *The man at the desk is supposed to be Eric Mangini*

14. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Exactly- the fault is of the idiotic line judge who missed the calls. The replay officials were not at all to blame. That line judge who screwed up, on the other hand, deserves a HELL of a lot of blame.

15. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

I just got back from hockey, and just saw the play. What absolute total bullshit. His one foot was done three feet in from the sideline! How, how how how how can you say that he clearly wouldn't have come down out of bounds?

Also, I don't understand why this wouldn't be a reviewable call. You can review a place on a ball, which is judgement. I wouldn't be surprised to see this become reviewable in the future. I'm just kinda pissed at this. The Jets deserved that TD. Even if they lost in OT, or missed going for 2 I woulnd't be this upset. But that was just a terrible call. Terrible. And, of course, nothing can be done about it.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Besides the Phantom TD game against Seattle in '98, I can't think of any other games where the Jets won a game because of a bad call. Can you name them for me? Nobody on this board wants everything to go the Jets' way, but we do want some things to go their way, especially when they make a play that was clearly the tying TD.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's not the Distance , it's the Angle.
    The Guy 20 ft away is looking down the sideline and saw what we did, that Baker was 3-4 ft In bounds.
    The Guy on the Spot was blocked out and did not have the angle.

Just like a Check swing in baseball. The Ump on 1st gets the call.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Please read the posts above and you will understand why it was not reviewable.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No it isn't. A ball spot review shows you EXACTLY where the ball was.
    This call is a What if.....

This play is obvious and which is why we all agree it should be changed. But It's what is currently Not reviewable in the rule book

20. krd145

krd145 New Member

im pretty sure a force out cannot be reviewed. it is an opinion based call