Official BS CALL!!! Thread - Merged

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Dinobot 2, Oct 29, 2006.

1. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

It was just said during the Chad interview that the line judge, in the discussion, thought it was a force out but was talked out of it by the guy on the other side of the field. Bull shit.

2. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Are you some kind of tool? When did i once say i agreed with the call? And ive thought all season long we can realistically go 10-6. But 10-6 wont get us into the playoffs. jesus christ, dont put fucking words into my mouth. ive been here for 3 years, call me a wannabe jets fan all u fucking want. theres enough people on this board who would say opposite. I havent missed a jets game since im 8 years old, how the hell am i a wannabe?

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

man, i said we AREN'T FAR OFF, but we lost to Jax, and Indy...those to loses really kill playoff hope for wild card. if im wrong at the end of the season ill eat crow....and trust me..i hope im wrong, i dont hope my team loses.

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

i cant get the word kill out of my head... is that bad?

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Because they didn't know the rule either.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I know we try to keep the forums neat, but we over merged here. yes, all the topics merged had something to do with the awful call, but the fact is, they all had their own little spin, or aspect of the call, and now all those discussions are ruined.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Now that I know that it couldn't have been reviewed after the 1st call was made, I still think this is fitting.

[​IMG]

8. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

yes...the fucking refs screwed up on more then 1 occasion

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

To clarify some things:

1) If the receiver does not land in bounds because he was pushed out by a defender, it is not reviewable whether it is ruled a TD or an incomplete pass. It is a judgment call as to whether the receiver would have landed in bounds or not. Period. So the call on the field would have stood either way- TD or incomplete- and could not be reviewed.

2) The mistake was by the referees on the field not ruling it a TD. There was no mistake with regard to a replay review.

3) The rules in the NFL are so inconsistent it is maddening. If Baker were a running back and dove over the goal line in the same manner, the play would have been a TD because he would have "broken the plane ." Why should this play be any different????? It was crystal clear that Baker caught the ball, broke the pane, and was forced out of bounds. If this play is not a TD, then let's do away with all these plays where players reach the ball over the goal line and instead judge a TD by were the players' feet are when the ball crossed the goal line.

4) It is absurd to say that the Jets deserved to lose anyway. If the Jets were properly given the TD and then won in OT, the NFL would have counted the game as a win. There are no style points here. Did the NFL take Bears win over the Cards away? Did the Cards outplay the Bears? Yes, but the Bears made three miracle plays and won. That last Jet play was an incredible play, from Pennington evading the rush, to him putting it right on the money, to Baker's tremendous one-handed catch. What happened in the game before that moment is not relevant.

5) Those who had this game marked as a win and wondered why the Jets were 2 point dogs now know. The Jets are just not that good. And it starts with the Jets' horrible defense. 8-8 will be a good year. Playoffs???? Give me a break.

6)Even so, the Jets were completely screwed in this game. I expect that by Tuesday the Jets will get the standard "apology" from the NFL that the referee crew got the call wrong. "Sorry Jets. " You have to be a Manning to get calls like that.

#149 Joe Willie White Shoes, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

or a Brady...

good post:up:

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with #3. I don't understand the inconsistency, either.

I wish the rule was that the player had to have his whole body in the end zone with possession of the ball*. You can't do that? Then no fuckin' touchdown.

*exception would be force outs

I agree with #4. It doesn't matter one iota whether the Jets "deserved" to win the game or not.

12. nptlax31

nptlax31 New Member

"Non Catch" bs

[​IMG]

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why the officials initially couldn't call it a TD, and then review it. Instead they immediately said it was not a catch, not even a force out.

And you know what's a shame? On SNY Post Game Live, they interviewed Cotchery and he said how he ran down the sideline to ask the official what the call was and he said "Force Out" but an another official said Baker was "Out of Bounds" and the official that said force out just agreed with the out of bounds official.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I just got home, missed the final 2 min of the game. Had to watch the game live on my cell in a gamecenter type thing. It stalled at 4th and 4 forever then said turnover on downs. I was so pissed that we lost to the browns. But now, knowing that it ended on some total bullshit call, I'm am furious. What the hell happened?

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

http://media.putfile.com/BS-FORCE-OUT-CALL-ON-CHRIS-BAKER-AT-END-OF-JETS-BROWNS

Just watch.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I saw my boy Baker makes the crazy catch and the stupid refs decide he did not stay in bounds?

WHAT DID YOU WANT HIM TO DO, THE BROWNS DEFENDER NAILS HIM OUT OF BOUNDS BEFORE HE CAN GET HIS DAMN FEET IN BOUNDS. COME ON NOW YOU STUPID REFS.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Don't forget that the Browns got their first TD on a pass interference call against Miller. I think the call was legit but it could have gone either way.

18. boomer

boomer Active Member

2 hours later and I"M STILL PISSED!!!!!!!!!!

19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I personally saw Leon Washington get face masked left and right throughout the game.

And Coles was getting harassed all day long by the rookie CB of Cleveland. The announcers even said there was plenty of pushing and shoving involved. Coles got the flag just once in one game.