Official BS CALL!!! Thread - Merged

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Dinobot 2, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

The ref would have signaled a td as soon as harrisons fingers touched the ball. For those sayin that this is bs, trust me its no joke. Im dead serious.

2. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

This is bullshit- what an atrocious call

If this is Brady to Gabriel, they call it a TD

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

3 Errors Made By Refs On Last Play

They made 3 critical errors:

(1)They failed to realize (or ignored, to make their theft more understandable) that Baker was running STRAIGHT DOWN THE SIDELINE. This was not one of those pass plays into the end zone where the reciever is going acrorss the end zone and has to tip-toe or drag his feet inbound. Baker was running 2 feet inside the line -- it wasn't even close.

(2) If you are running INSIDE THE LINE and going STRAIGHT (see 1 above) then if you suddenly end up 4 feet outside the line and 2 guys with different jerseys are ontop of you, it stands to reason they KNOCKED YOU OUT. This is called BASIC PHYSICS -- an object going in a straight line does not suddenly change direction and go in the opposite/adjacent line of movement.

(3) The call should have been "TOUCHDOWN." Instead, they ruled it no-touchdown and then decided AGAINST reviewing it. If you called it correctly (no-touchdown), then reviewing it changes nothing. Only if you got it wrong does a review matter. By not reviewing, you staked your jobs -- as far as I'm concerned -- on getting it right.

The refs made 3 errors on the play. The first 2 errors are understandable; but the reason you review the play is to make sure that the first 2 errors were in fact errors.

Let's contact the NFL office and make it clear that these refs stole the game and are not fit for NFL referreeing. Goodell cannot allow incompetent refs to make errors and then cover them up.

This is not about making an error. This is about making an error and then deliberately choosing not to verify if one made a critical mistake in the closing seconds of a game. The refs gambled with the Jets fortunes; now they have to pay with their jobs. End of story.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The ref would have signalled a TD as soon as they broke the huddle. Oh wait, they don't huddle.

5. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

One of the worst jobs at officiating I have EVER seen. That was a ridiculous call, and cost us dearly...those refs need to be let go by the league.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Chad made one of the greatest plays in Jets history. 4th and 4, eluding a blitzing safety off balance putting a pass which was one handed by Baker. FUCK Solomon Walcotts, FUCK the referees.

#46 Pride, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  7. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Manning to Harrison/Clark/Wayne.....TD

Manning to Shockey/Burress.....TD

Roethlisberger to Ward.....TD

Pennington to Baker.....

"Haha, fuck you Jets"

sincerely, the National Football League, treating the Jets like third class citizens since 1969

8. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

This rule just blows my mind.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

ahahahahaha.

10. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Somthing must be done about this!

11. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

Bullshit!!!!!I can't belive this shit.

12. S.Kolber set Joe up!

Same old bullshit. You cant review bad judgment. What a joke. It doesnt get any worse.

13. tlef316

tlef316 Member

god awful call on the field. the funny thing is, if it had been called no TD because of ball controll, it could have been reviewed.

and like others said, if its manning to harrison, thats a TD,a free 2 pt conversion, and a hand job from the back judge

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Someone light the torches!!!

15. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Point #3 is huge- atleast with a TD call, it can be changed. I did not see any reason for that ref to feel that the incomplete call was the correct call anyway.

Good post

16. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

Thanks for probably making us sit at home in January, Mike Carey and your crew.

17. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

good teams shouldnt be in the position to have the game taken away by officials. thats the bottom line. We didnt deserve to win the game, they kept giving us chances, and we kept blowing them. End of story. People, you gotta wake up, we arent that good. We arent that bad either...but we arent that good...In a few weeks we'll be 4-6 and no one will remember who we are.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I was wondering when someone would say this. I was also calling for a review in the game thread, but I was mistaken - the force out is NOT a reviewable call. Once it was made on the field, that was the end of it.

Of course, I (like everyone else) thinks that Baker would have clearly landed inbounds, but you can't blame the review assistant (the guy who decides to review things in the last 2 minutes) for this.

19. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Chris Baker on the radio, he said the Side judge came running up the sideline saying it was a force out before the ref conference.

20. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Oh man, if we miss the playoffs by 1/2 game, people are gonna be PISSED