**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Harris for Marshall?

Fuck no.

2. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

this is funny

lol @ marshall being unproven

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

NO NO NO. If we gave up David Harris or any other of our young defensive stars for this guy, it would be a HUGE mistake. Plus, Harris looked incredible this preseason. He's due for a breakout season.

4. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I can't believe you guys would be ok with dealing Harris for Marshall, that is mind boggling to me.

5. pender30

pender30 Member

Rotoworld says they want Harris and a first. Ryan should punch McDaniels if he even floats that offer.

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Harris > Rhodes. especially this summer, Harris looks bionic.

also, i think the "unproven commodity" referenced above is a first-round pick, not Marshall.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Harris and a 1st...If Im Rex I say F-U

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that's ridiculous..........

9. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Not only is Harris good, but he's cheap. Gotta keep Harris.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Is that some kind of joke or something?

11. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

If that report is true then McDaniels can go fu#k himself. I can understand a 1st rounder....but a first rounder and Harris would be bullcrap, especially for a player who ahs the chance of being suspended because he's retarted.

12. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

If anyone has seen my posts about Marshall in other threads you guys know I'm definitely all about trading for BM. Marshall is a top 5 WR and just turned 25 in March. Harris isn't a better football player, isn't a top 10 MLB in the NFL and is kinda injury prone(last year groin, college knee).

However I wouldn't give up Harris because as much as I love Bart Scott, he's 29 and Harris is the future who will anchor this D for years as long as he stays healthy. In terms of importance MLB>WR. It sucks they are demanding not only Harris AND a 1st rd pick but it is what it is and I'm gonna have to tell the Broncos GM to stop right there and put the phone down. Maybe if Marshall didn't have any off field issues and wasn't coming off hip surgery I'd consider it but that's not the case.

13. Mickens24

Mickens24 Member

Last season Marshall caught 104 passes, Thats better the the Jets club record. Al Toon, 1988 with 98 receptions......Interesting!

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No way I want them to move Harris for Marshall

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree with everything MB said.

If Pace wasn't injured And Ghoston could play maybe Harris is expendable and that would be for a player who can play now. Basically you lose a key guy on D and get a WR without chemistry with Sanchez or a knowledge of the play book. Plus he didn't play in the preseason plus he is coming off surgery. This guy wouldn't play and make an impact until week 6 anyway.

I'd give up a first in 2010 and ainge for him. I prefer marshall over anyone coming out except Bryant

#415 GQMartin, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  16. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

That's attributable to the Bronco's high amount of pass attempts (I think they were the highest in the league).

17. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

His last 2 years he's reached the 100 catch plateau. Shit I'm pretty torn about the situation because I know Marshall could help anchor the offense for years just like Harris can anchor the D for years. Problem is Harris and a 1st that 2 potential good to great players for 1 young elite player. Next year's draft is suppose to be very deep and I expect us to have middle of the round pick. Does anyone have a list or knowledge of next year's draft eligible WR and MLBs and how good they are?

18. KBJET

KBJET Member

Harris plus a first is way to much for marshall! Harris is having a great season so far and him and Scott in the middle can be very dangerous. We don't have anyone behind him that would be able to half as good as a job.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

The Broncos would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him. His value is dropping fast for them. The longer they wait the less value they will get for him. Not to mention, if a team is to make a move on him, they have to worry about a new contract, and also they will have to worry about losing him.

His trade value is not high, and I can't see many, if any GM's being willing to give more than a 3rd rounder. That being said, a 3rd rounder for a 1st plus talent seems like a no brainer.

I would be interested in a Clemens, a 2010 4th and a 2011 conditional draft selection for Marshall and one of their back up QB's. (Grossman or Dan O.)

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

There is alot more passing now compared to 20 years ago. These days it is not unusual for five or six recievers over 100 receptions each year. That was pretty much unheard of years ago. It is a passing league now.