Offer Sanchez for Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That lea es you out.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on Matt Flynn, he had a lot of offensive weapons and in the two games he played (NE, DET) both teams had terrible defenses.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

forget math. basic common sense is why the Seahawks wouldn't do that. they could probably trade Flynn for any other position player that would help them more than an overpriced backup QB.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Please please tell me you are being sarcastic. It reeks of sarcasm , but somehow I believe there was no intention on your part.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yea i don't see this happening, but lets be honest, the seahawks have done some crazy shit in the past

all it takes is one stupid team to do it, just like how we were the stupid team to trade for timmy t

6. AlToon

AlToon Member

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

A quality backup is a guy you can count on to come in and still manage a game with solid D and running game. Sanchez couldn't do that the past 2 years as a starter. When a team is looking for a quality backup they certainly aren't looking to put in a turnover machine if the starter gets hurt and they are clinging to a small lead. Teach Sanchez to throw the ball away and take a sack at the right times and he could become a quality backup. Right now he is way too risky.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The only reason they 'might' consider it (aside from us having to throw them an extra high-mid round pick or two to do it) is if Carroll doesn't mind having his former QB as an understudy, and wants to do Flynn a favor by getting him out of a situation where he's not going to play after he signed there to be the starter and lost his job before ever playing a meaningful game.

But the cap ramifications of both of them being traded for each other I'm not even going to pretend to understand.

9. Realistic Jets Fan

We can get Moore without pissing away ANY picks like Tannenbum penny candy.for a lesser QB like Flynn.

Start Moore

McElroy the backup

Draft a development QB with the 4th rd pick we didn'tpiss away on Flynn

And leave the Turnover Machine rotting on the inactive list for 16 games running the scout teams...

Then cut him at the end of 13

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Moore is a pretty decent QB and there are other teams looking for QB's, he won't be as cheap as people think... You'd also have to convince him that the Jets are his best option for a chance to start. Something we told two other QB's last year and neither of them saw much game time, one of them didn't even get his name on a jersey.

I like the Moore option, but I don't think it will happen. I think we're stuck with Muck for another year.