Offensive Line this Preseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jcass10, Aug 28, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The same line that allowed a rookie qb to win games.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

oh wait, did i mention they won said game 31-24. Hmmm

3. youre not doing anything but furthering my point.

You are simply equating success w OL talent base when it's not that back n white.Just bc a team wins doesn't mean a OL is performing well;Just bc an OL performs well doesn't mean it's rich w talent.vice versa holds true as well.

The Patriots get quality performance from their OL when quite often it isn't bc of talent

Real coaching & real team work make a significant difference in OL play.the jets are no different

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

An oline worth talent is a better talent and by far and large, the teams that have been successful are teams with quality olines, which this team doesn't have. When this team was successful and making runs at the super bowl, they had a good if not great offense line that allowed a rookie qb to be successful, when he wasn't that great a player. Unless you have a team that was successful with a bad offensive line that you can call on, im done having this back and forth with you.

There simply isnt one, its one quality that all successful teams have.

5. LOL I've just listed numerous ones which you've had literally ZERO response to..you fixated on one specific moment in last year's patriot squad that frankly only works against your argument bc the inexperienced QB that's protection your trying to blindly glorify got the damn young QB hurt in the very same instance.

If success equates to OL talent well than what about the Packers? Their OL woes have been extremely well documented..they're in the playoffs every year & almost always contending for the super bowl.and I don't wanna hear about Aaron Rodgers,the coach or the scheme.Youve made it solely about OL talent & solely about winning & losing.Did Bryan Bulaga & co not get beat like turnstiles in all those big games??

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre argument was the patriots line was so bad, the got a qb hurt. Yet they were up 21 at half and won that game with a rookie qb. So your logic is faulty. Go check out the real non cherry picked ratings for those teams.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Where did you see that they weren't settled on a blocking scheme until the 2nd week of TC? I'm not doubting you, I've just never read anything to that extent, and in fact everything I've read said that they have the same blocking scheme they've had for the last two years.

8. OH! I'm sorry..excuse me..lemme step aside & make way for the OL zen master..

Can prove that an OL can only be good by means of talent,can only be anointed as talented by means of winning..further more this can all be proven within about 3 weeks worth of Patriots games in which the very protection being glorified resulted in highly regarded QB getting hurt..

Doesn't need to explain highly regarded winning teams that have had OL problems,or talented lines that didn't perform well..

Preach on oh wise one!We have so much to learn!

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Don't discount the importance of precise route-running. NE gets all those little guys who are very smart (hearing and making myriad line call adjustments) and who run extremely crisp routes, especially those annoying bang-bang underneath routes that pop open in less than a second.

Their ability to get open instantly defrays potential problems on the OL.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. I don't remember the exact day but around the time when the media first started whispering about the OL concerns,Bowles was asked about the situation & he had stated that they had yet to settle on a blocking scheme & were still evaluating.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

But they throw deep too, and run block very well. They made Blount look like a star because he certainly lacks the ability to make guys miss or run past anyone. Either way they don't and havent had a bad oline in quite some time.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You do, obviously youre not smart enough to see the flaws in your own argument. Instead you double down on lunacy. Go ahead, prove me wrong, find a good team with a bad offensive line. Find a super bowl or conference winner with one. Im still waiting. Otherwise your point and opinion are as invalid as the come.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why in the heck would the dumbass change the blocking scheme? I remember Beachum saying that he was glad that they had the blocking scheme they did because it's what he was best in. If they changed it, no wonder Ijalana may be outplaying Beachum.

Somebody please just shoot Bowles and put us all out of our misery.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think their performance against the Giants starting d-line tells you everything you need to know about these bullshit metrics.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

That's all true, but sometimes I wonder if opposing DL's get tasked with trying to think and do too much pre-snap against NE. They have to worry about chipping, filling short passing-lanes, etc., more so than against other teams, which means the Patriots' deep stuff and the running game are going to be more effective regardless because defenses are always on their heels.

It's tempting to attribute a team's success to this or that, but it's never black and white, and it's especially hard with New England because it's so well-oiled from top to bottom.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go step in front of a bus.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

True could be a lot of things. But right now i dont think we have the tools to allow hack or petty to be successful. We just rehashing david carr all over again. We need stability in in a majority, because its never gonna be all positions. Those tweets are irresponsible tho, we dont need numbers to see that the offensive line is bad right now. Theyve let it turn to shit with budget players because they were so salary strapped.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. He may have meant things more specific like run fits,protection packages etc.But he def stated that they were still evaluating the blocking schemes which I too found ridiculous.

I will say that generally speaking WCO protection principles tend to be Alittle more about a clean pocket & windshield than so sustained protection on 5-7 step drops lie Gailey instituted..

One would think that this would've all been ironed out at OTAs..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. I've listed several in multiple posts & youve gone out of your way to outright ignore everyone of them w absolutely no argument or reasoning.

that must all be lunatic babble right?Surely not suited for the mighty OL zen master

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Because you haven't supported your position yet, i assumed you looked however. What are the stats to these olines? Im not looking for a fan opinion i wanted facts and you have yet to support yours. I already know the lines were good. Im waiting for you to show me the opposite. Which you cant, and thats why youre resorting to the veiled personal attacks.

Tell me the rating of the Jets olines when they went to back to back afc championship games.

Tell me the line rating of this patriots team last year you claim was so bad.

Not only are you comparing the talents of a all time great qbs to that of 2 playes with less than 2 years actual playing experience in the nfl, but when those teams werent good in their lines, they didnt reach super bowls or championship games, which totally throws your whole argument out the window. When those teams did reach those heights, their lines were above average, no where near the quality of this teams.

So im still waiting for a supporting figure. Other than fan opinion. The stats all say any team successful in the NFL have above average offensive lines.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Well you're obviously 100% right that we don't have anything in place to allow ANY qb to be successful.

But "irresponsible" tweets? Come on, brother zace. You expect some sports hack to NOT tweet because the PFF metrics aren't a hard science? The media's job is to share information, not decide which stats are helpful.