Off season FA: LaMont Jordan and Randy Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NEJets, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd definately go after Moss, I think the Raiders are actually going to try to trade him. I think h might go for a 3rd or 4th rounder. On a team with a no nonsense coach and QB that knows him personally I think he would work. The only issue is he's have to agree to not be the #1 guy because Coles is and deserves to be the #1.

2. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

People thought the same thing about Lamont Jordan, you simply don't know how these guys will hold up as the feature back. It's a gamble, and at a 1st and 3rd round pick price it's way too much.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Jordan, no. He's proved that he wasn't worth the money he demanded. If he had been reasonable and stayed for what we offered, he would be an extremely happy camper right now. Washington + Houston => Jordan, so the only RB's we should be looking at are young studs in the draft over the next couple years.

I think most of your are missing the point with Moss. Moss would come in here in a heartbeat to play with Chad again, and he has said as much in the past. A fully motivated Moss is much better than Coles or Cotch, and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. Jmac is a goner, and a trio of Moss, Coles, and Cotch would be arguably the best in the NFL. Send the Raiders Jmac and a 3rd or 4th round pick and we'd be getting a steal.

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

How do you blame Jordan for leaving... he was a back up for 4 years and his last year the guy he was backing up won the rushing title... How would he know Curtis would be gone the following year?

And your point on Moss is true... but here's the question... How do you keep him motivated? This guy gets pissed off every time the wind changes direction and once he's pissed he becomes a cancer... This team is built on a "No superstars, just players"... no way Moss fits into that mold...

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We gave Jordan a very reasonable offer. I don't blame him for leaving, but am saying he would be happy had he stayed. Now, he wouldn'y be enough of an upgrade over what we have to be worth the money.

I think Moss would be motivated by Penny. Penny made Moss a gazillionaire in one season at Marshall. I think Moss would be motivated by playing in NY/NJ. I think Moss would be motivated, as he mostly has in the past, to be playing for a contender.

Take a guy with a questionable attitude and put him on the Raiders? What did anyone really expect? Moss needs discipline, coaching, and a no BS approach to playing this game. Moss wouldn't get on the field with the NYJ simply based on his contract. He would have to play his ass off to guarentee a starting role. He gets to play the diva in Oakland, but that wouldn't wash here at all.

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Ok we agree on Jordan... I think in hindsight he'd be happier a NYJ.

Your point about Chad making Moss a rich however... remember 20 something teams passed up on drafting Moss even though his abilities dictated he should have been #1 overall pick costing him millions...all because of his behavior and attitude... He's a malcontent... and once a malcontent always a malcontent...

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

No to Jordan yes to moss jordan is in his late 20's there is no point in getting him and he would have only 3 or 4 decent years left in him.Moss can still ball could be the deep threat we need in the offense.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

NO AND NO. No need for an aging RB and an aging WR. There is 0 chance we trade for/sign Moss with his track record and bullshit.