Off field Jets stories!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, Mar 2, 2018.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Or more likely Stevied is the latest alter-ego of Jethrotull and Jetfannerd.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez was banging a 17yo high school student named Eliza Kruger when he was here.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

A friend of mine, a fellow season ticket holder, was getting married and wrote everyone and anyone associated with the Jets inviting them to his NJ wedding reception. He receives an email from Mo Wilkerson mom thanking him for the invite and replies can Mo bring a friend. My buddy says yes and sure enough Mo and a buddy show up at the reception. Tons of pictures of Mo dancing etc. was a really nice guy. My buddy makes arrangement to meet up with Mo one night for dinner and they're really friendly ever since. Makes his dog show that much more difficult for us

MurrellMartin likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, screw my life! "O'Donnell was like a stiff puppet in the pocket." - Keyshawn Johnson.

5. jetophile

So everyone that your friend wrote to that is associated with the Jets were invited to his wedding reception. Wilkerson showed up. I call horseshit on that alone.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree B.S meter pegged.

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

I really don't give a shit what you call. I don't have to convince every know-it-all.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if it's true or not. Manish will never publish an article that paints Wilkerson in a positive light. That's why I went back and edited out mine. I just don't trust that guy.

#28 Sam Hammer, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. jetophile

The last thing I am is a know it all. I'm as dumb as a stick. However, I do spell nominally better than Robby Anderson on a good day, so at least I have that going for me.

Photos, please. No, no, don't take my picture, I'm Nora Desmond in hiding. I mean photos of the wedding. Then we can rate them as to how fat and lazy Wilkerson is on the dance floor.

10. jetophile

Well, I mean the fact that Wilkerson showed up in the first place. Hopefully you didn't miss the joke. I don't think you did, Sir. : )

11. jetophile

Well, here's a warm and fuzzy one. I love Marty Lyons. He was so kind to my Daddy when he was suffering from Parkinsonism. Not classic Parkinson's. That was the year that my Daddy signed over the tickets to me (1994) because he was obsessing that he didn't want to lose them. The Jets were such a Father/Daughter bond. Not to wax all sentimental, but those tickets meant a lot to me, and also a lot to me to let them go (recent, the Jets FO doesn't know it yet - but yeah, jump off a bridge you humps).

So anyway, there was an ad in the local paper that Lyons and Klecko were signing autographs at a somewhat local mall. My Daddy couldn't drive anymore, but yeah, he wanted to go. He got emotional (in retrospect, a part of his declining horribly sad condition), and Marty comforted him and bear hugged him in a very sweet way. I'll never forget that. That dude is an exemplary human being, and I was so sad to hear that he had a major stroke some months ago. I posted about it, and I can't find any updates no matter how hard I scour. Last I saw, he is doing well. Just so you all know, his hands are like ham hocks and Klecko is as down to earth as you'll ever find. I met Klecko 5 times easy. He used to come down to our section in the The Old Dump and hang out when Namath was in the broadcasting booth behind us.

Here's to you, Marty. A classic bleeder and a major sweetheart.

EDIT & P.S.: Years ago, my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, saw a cat on the side of the road that was hit by a car. The cat's head was split open and was a mess with a brain injury. Vinnie felt bad and didn't want to leave him to die, so he picked him up to get him euthanized. Instead, he was able to get him patched up. The cat's name? Marty Lions (because it was a cat). That cat was a bleeder that lived for 19 years after the fact.

#31 jetophile, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Peebag and MurrellMartin like this.
  12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I remember reading/seeing pictures on Twitter about this. Very cool. I had a similar moment when Wilkerson was a rookie and I was on crutches at Santonio Holmes' bowling event. There were 12 Jets players there but I couldn't get to any because people would shove me over/push me aside to get to them. There was no way I was getting to any of them. Wilkerson came over and invited me into a private area and just hung out with me for 10-15 minutes and even brought over Holmes. It was very cool. So it's been hard for me to dog him since he changed, but, he at the very least was once a very good person.

LF911SC likes this.
  13. jetophile

Did Holmes quit on the bowling event like he did in Miami? Asking for a friend.

That was very nice of Wilkerson. I remember the event, can't remember the charity.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Sickle Cell.

15. jetophile

Yep, you're right. I recall it now that you mentioned it.

16. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I live about two miles from Florham Park, and it was a big deal locally when the Jets moved there. We had never had a lot of professional athletes living in the area before. (Hey, Tanner Purdum lived around the block from me). Over the years, a lot of us have encountered various Jets around town etc., and the experiences have been good. Mark Sanchez was a local favorite. Everyone who encountered him said he was a nice friendly guy. My son and I encountered Bart Scott in a sporting goods store, where he was buying something for one of his kids. No one recognized him, but the store owner sized him up and knew he had to be a professional athlete.When the owner pointed this out, Scott identified himself and seemed to be a decent fellow. Kyle Wilson was fun to talk to, very outgoing and very, very funny. A friend of mine signed up for a hot yoga class, and one of the other guys in the class was Rex Ryan. When my son's high-school football team toured the Jets facility, they ran into Tim Tebow. They loved him. He came over and talked to them for about 10 minutes, mostly asking the kids about their team and their season.

#36 Since1969, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  17. jetophile

Tim Tebow, just another reason why even religion can't save the Jets.

Peebag and Red Menace like this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

19. jetophile

I met Dan Alexander at a Jets Hofstra practice once. He was miserable, and was rocking a way gay stache. Also met Greg Bubbles several times. Greg Bubbles (Buttle) is my nickname for him because he would freaking extrapolate after a terrible loss on the radio on the merits of a two yard gain after the Jets got crushed 1000 - 3.

Met Randy Beverly, Rich Caster, and Bruce Harper in the stands amongst several others over the years.

20. jetophile

Met Namath, Rasmussen, John Dockery, Weeb. Namath was a holy moment. Randy Rasmussen, the guy played for about 80 years. I think the Jets have him on IR.