Odell Beckham Jr

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longislandjetfan, Mar 9, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

They picked a date the stoners would remember.

NY Jets68, TonyFtLaud and Since1969 like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That was persuasive proof of absolutely nothing. You nancies need to go wet yourselves over something important. Like some WR nutting in your lady's eye.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If he's having Papa John's OR Pizza Hut after spending four seasons in the New York metropolitan area he's even stupider than I thought, since he should know what good pizza actually tastes like.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If he falls a drug test, he will be placed into the leagues drug protocol. Tested on set schedule for 90-day period. If clean, out of program. He's not looking at 4-6 games.

5. TonyFtLaud

Have to make it easy for the players to remember...

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He tweeted yesterday about it, apparently claiming that it was an old video (“Old news still makes a good story….I guess. #CatchUpWereIn18.”), but the Post tracked down the woman and she says that it happened in Paris a couple of days ago.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/odell-beckhams-mystery-lady-from-video-identified/

She also talked to the Daily News and claimed he was holding a piece of pizza and didn't do any drugs, but refused to comment about whether there were drugs in the room (including those interesting-looking white lines in front of her).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ls-news-holding-piece-pizza-article-1.3867682

I doubt the league will get too involved with this, but it will be interesting to see what the Giants do, since they're already caught between a rock and a hard place in terms of whether his immense talent is worth his monumental immaturity and stupidity.

And I'm willing to believe that Papa John's or Pizza Hut might be the best pizza you can get in Paris.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Except it is never announced when a player is entered into the leagues drug protocol for the first time due to confidentiality requirements. Only a limited number of people are aware so it is always a possibility he is already in step one.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He'll fit in great in San Francisco

9. TonyFtLaud

Yet every season we hear about all the players who failed a urinalysis and never the teams or team Dr being fined $500k for violating the privacy policy.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

We hear about it when they get suspended because the suspensions are not secret, do you remember anything about Sheldon Richardson failing his first test or just his second when he was suspended?

11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

How much has this latest incident affected his trade value? If this is how the guy behaves when he's presumably on his best behavior to get a meg-bucks contract, how will he behave once he gets the big bucks?

I seem to remember reading a story that when anyone came to visit Derek Jeter, he made them check their cellphones at the door. That way, no embarrassing videos or photos would ever surface.

#31 Since1969, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

I remember him failing his first, and not complying with the Protocol the second time leading to his suspension. If he had completed the protocol the second time, he would not have been suspended.
    Either way, Beckham Jr in not likely facing a 4 - 6 game suspension unless he has already been in the league protocol multiple times already.
    Your right though. Usually it's the failed drug test at the Combine that make the headlines and those players are not yet covered by the CBA.

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hell they let LT do coke for like a decade while on the team and nobody batted an eye.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. Since1969

Be careful with the LT comparison. In LT's day, did they have the kind of drug testing or Personal Conduct Policy that they have today? How long do you think someone living LT's wild life would last today? Back then, an autograph and a couple of tickets for Sunday's game could make a lot of things go away.

15. Sam Hammer

True but numerous people knew about his habits, it's not like it was a big secret. I admit it's way harder to stay under the radar today, but I'm sure a large amount of NFL players do this kind of thing in the off season and really it doesn't bother me that much. If they do it during the regular season then that's a different story.

16. Since1969

I'm sure you're right, but let me ask you this. If you're John Mara, does this effect the kind of financial commitment you're willing to make to Beckham? Don't forget that this latest incident is different in kind from his previous incidents in that it's the first time he's been put in spitting distance of possible criminal activity. His other incidents, while immature and annoying, were essentially more stupid than malicious. If you're Mara, are you willing to tear up his rookie contract and give him what he wants, which is to the be league's highest-paid player?

17. Sam Hammer

IMO, he will probably get way less guaranteed money, but he'll still make a good chunk of change. The contract will probably end up backloaded so the team has outs in case his problems emerge again. His talent is too immense so he will get a pass for now, just like the Jets will likely give a pass to Anderson even though what he did was way worse.

CotcheryFan and Since1969 like this.
  18. Since1969

That makes sense. Do you think Beckham will settle for that, or will he make a fuss, such as by holding out at training camp? Maybe that will be the litmus test as to what kind of person/teammate he is.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I always thought he was gay. That video doesn't confirm or deny that though. He's in bed with a lady but he's telling her to sleep with someone else.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean the league can see this and send him for a "random" drug test