Obesity

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by barfolomew, Oct 6, 2023.

?

Maybe I'm just an asshole?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2023.
  1. Yes, you are

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Nah

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How does everyone feel about morbidly obese people (obesity NOT caused by illness or a medical issue) complaining that they have to pay for two seats on an airplane? "It's discrimination! I have a disease!" Evvvvvverybody has a fuggin' disease.

No matter your poison, it's a choice turned learned behavior. Choose to unlearn it

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

jetophile looks fat to me

3. jetophile

Haha. Fat chance, though. Heh.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

jetophile looks fat hater to me.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/a LPmp/s/nypost.com/2023/10/02/plus-size-influencer-calls-on-hotels-to-enlarge-hallways/amp/

It's called body diversity.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My vision is for an airline called PodAir where you buy the pod that best suits your needs, desires and budget. You get what you pay for - nothing more. Want more leg room? Pay for it. Want more ass space? Pay for it. Dark pod? No problem. Video pod? You got it - just pay for it. Want more carryon space? Pay for it. Hell, you can keep all your luggage with you if you pay for it. Various sizes and configurations are available at different sizes and get loaded onto the planes like cargo containers with the passenger already seated in them. One seat pod? No problem. Two seat pod? Ditto. Taking the kids and grandma? Get a six seat pod. No freaking animals in any pod unless you are actually certified as needing and having a real, highly trained service animal! You want peanuts? Preloaded in your pod. You want steak and lobster - no problem, just pay for it - it's in a little oven under your pod seat.

The best part is disembarking - the back of the plane swings open, the plane backs to the gate and the pilot slams on the brakes sending all those pods out the back and down a ramp right to the Uber pickup point. Buh-bye!

#66 Ralebird, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  7. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Our food keeps getting worse to the point where it is now very bad while just about everything else keeps getting better. Our phones, TVs, cars, computers, appliances, industrial equipment and maybe everything else is now better than it ever was.

Our food which is the most important thing is now making us more fat and sick than ever before. It's getting harder shopping for healthy food and most people buy whatever it's on the shelves no matter how much sugar, bad processed seed oils, transfats, additives, preservatives, pesticides and other who knows what lab made substances it has.

So it looks like the manufactures of every product can make more money by making their products better while the food industry makes more money by selling junk I guess because they have higher profit margins than healthy foods for a number of reasons. Why are people demanding better products but are always content to buy and eat junk that's making them sick and fat? I guess it's convenience, blind trust in food producers, not thinking for yourself among other reasons.

#67 coloradojet, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    stinkyB, Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  8. jetophile

During and after WW II families got incentives to grow their own food. It went far for poor families. Now if you grow tomatoes on a terrace in NYC you get taxed for farming for profit. o_O

That was a tangent (what else), but as to your point, there was a study about 20 years ago (sorry no sources, I'm traveling/too much of a hassle right now) where they compared the nutritional content of carrots in the 1950s to carrots of today that are commercially farmed. The vitamin, mineral, and trace mineral content is not even close. It's less than half of what it was 70 years ago.

I have buddies who belong to small local farming co-ops, and it is such a dramatic difference. Here's the funny part. I can't tell you how many times I've seen and heard people after looking at greens and so on put them back and say oh, that's too dirty, I can't be bothered with cleaning all that, that's gross and a time suck.

You guessed it. They're almost always fat.

coloradojet and Leicester Jet like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The Monsanto Corporation does not approve this message

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

stinkyB and barfolomew like this.