NYJ + NYG Protest PSL's at 8/23 Preseason Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VeniVidiViridis, Aug 20, 2008.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

No Chance your tickets will be $85. I think ticket prices where included in the giants announcement and they will be over $100

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

In my world tickets already cost $100. I add in the preseason tickets to the regular season tickets. They just have little value and I dont goto preseason

3. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

Yes....uppers 85 (terrace 2) not only is there a chance of it.... it's been posted on the Giants site since they announced their PSL.

As per the giants announcement - Upper deck terrace 2 1000 psl 85 ticket

here is the site check it out .... nyg2010.com

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

hahaha.. i just fell out of my chair... nniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.:rofl:

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I've said this before... My seats are in the uppers too, the way I figure, I'm going to get pushed out by a tix holder from downstairs who doesn't want to pay his psl and gets the option for my seats... How could this not happen? A fan who has had tix since day one and obviously sits on the field doesn't get the option to move?

This will happen.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

thanks for the posting that. if the jets do anything close to what the giants are then upper deckers can say good bye to their tix.

just go to psl allocation. this sucks. fuck this. as usual- screw the middle class and build up the upper class....

i did get my letter yesterday too, woody. thanks.

7. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

yea...I'm not sure how the whole seniority thing will work.. But I know there are people who have been in the uppers since day one and they'd be safe.

Me only 4 years. But I can't really get too worried about it until the Jets make it official..

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I have UD 1st row sideline seats since 65 & based on the NYG chart mine will cost 5Gs per seat just for the PSL. If that number is accurate & since we have considerable seniority & if they will be really be a 1G PSL per seat my son & I are thinking of dropping 10 of the 12 seats we own & take 2 of those cheap PSLs seats instead

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's going to be interesting when the Jets make their announcement. I can't wait to see what's going on, because the scuttlebutt is that it's pretty much the same as the Giants. But if this is so, why is it taking the Jets so long to announce that? Why not just put out the same general plan?

The answer is either that they're just behiond the curve or they're truly trying to come up with something a lttle fairer. I liked some of the ideas on that website... one of which is, charge MORE than the $20,000 for the "Club Seats" (like Dallas did) and diminish (or don't charge at all) for seats outside that area. When you think about it, that's not that off the wall. Make the banks and oil companies and retailers, etc., who have huge "travel and entertainment" accounts and who are going to buy up the "Club Seats" for ultra perks pay through the nose for those prime seats and let the rest of the loyal fans who go there rain or shine and root for the team still keep their present seats at little or no PSL.

The other idea I liked is to lock in ticket prices for a while. This whole thing is a double-whammy because it's not only the PSL charge, it's the ticket pricing is through the roof. And the worst of it is, they've got you by the nuts after you pay the PSL. There is nothing, NOTHING stopping them from getting your PSL and then doubling or tripling the already ridiculously priced 2010 seat prices. My $400 seats could become $800 and there's not a damned thing I could do about it.

Can't pay it? You have two options: (A) Sell your PSL to some other chump or (B) Don't buy the tickets and thereby surrender your PSL and lose the entire amount you "invested." Realistically, you won't be able to pull off option (A) because nobody in their right mind wants to buy into a beartrap that makes you commit to such a high ticket price. So you're left with option (B), which is a total loser all the way around.

Look, I realize there's tons of T&E money kicking around New York and there are many companies with excess cash who will buy up some of these PSLs, but there are also a lot of very savvy business people who will probably look at all this and go, "Wait a fucking minute. This is a pretty steep deal here and I'm not sure I want my nuts in a ringer like this, year after year, for what? Eight games a year?"

I'd be very interested in being a fly on the wall in Giants headquarters and listening in on the phone banks to what's going on with their PSL situation. Notice that you're not hearing anything coming from the Giants about this, like, "Oh, this is SO successful... our phones are ringing off the fucking hook.... people are grabbing up these $20,000 PSLs like hot dogs on 42nd Street." No, you're not hearing squat. So maybe Woody is looking at this and going, "So Mara, how's your PSL plan going, dude? Let us know how it's working out."

The last thing the Giants need to do is look like idiots when they have to announce, "We've decided, in the best interest of our loyal fan base and because we love our fans and ticketholders so dearly, that we're lowering the $20,000 PSLs." Maybe the Jets are taking a wait and see... that's all I'm saying.

10. championjets69

Look 227 ur passion is most admiralable however under no circumstances & I repeat that under no circumstances will the NYJs do anything different to lighten the load. That is nothing because if they do it then the NYGs have to go back to square 1 & do the same thing or face the wrath of there season tix holders. In the case of the new stadium somehow you have to come to grips that the NYJs & NYGs are exactly the same & are both 1/2 partner in crimes concerning the PSLs. I assure you both Woody & Mara sat down & decided what the plan would be many months ago. Probably since the NYGs are SB champs it was decided between the owners that the NYGs would take the point with the NYJs following up on the rear

#30 championjets69, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Your theory makes the most sense and will probably happen. But a guy can dream, can't he?

I'm just trying to hold out hope that the Jets will try some other alternative. There is always the possiblity that the Giants are having trouble with these steep prices too. I haven't heard they're knocking the cover off the ball with all these inexpensive $20,000 seats.

12. championjets69

Dreaming is fine but reality is reality. I do not think the NYGs would put out a APB on there PSL sales. The only time you will know about there success or failure is if they announce some kind of change lowering PSL prices. Until then you have to assume that they are doing quite well in there endeavors which I expect is the case with the really hi monied PSLs

#32 championjets69, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I believe the Giants' first payment for their PSL's is coming up soon. I'll be curious to see how they do with their high priced seats, but unless that info is public knowledge they'll just say "sales are fine" and move on.

14. qcjetsfan

qcjetsfan New Member

Insanity. You've picked the appropriate name all right.

15. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Im glad you think so, although the price of the PSL's seem quite steep any other organization would charge the same amount. The NFL is a business, and the obvious point of a business is to make money, the amount they are charging although it sounds absurd is around market value. Like I said earlier PSL's are an investment. Studies show that the value of the seats in most NFL stadiums have grown about 8% per year. With that, the choice of being able to finance the fee, and the NFL GUARANTEEING that they will buy your seats back at the price you paid for them. The PSL arrangement isn't outrageous. You think stub hub is outrageous for buying one ticket. Imaginable how much people would be willing to pay to have the rights to seats in the stadium instead of waiting on the waitlist line. I might not have as much seniority as many of you, but i have been a season ticket holder for about 15 years, and its my luck my father can afford to pay for the PSL's (I'm only 20). Its unfortunate many can't, and I do think it is unfair to the loyal fans that have been going to these games for years upon years, but going to a Sports event now a days is a luxury and we live in a free market economy so naturally the Jets organization can charge as much as they want, with me believing that the price offering isn't too much to bargain with. Is it really necessary to sit lower level 50 yard line? my seats have been in the endzonev20 something rows up. 5,000 a seat isnt that much. Of course my voice is biased because the PSL cash isn't coming out of my pocket but, this is my opinion whether you agree with it or not.

#35 inSANITy, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

17. Fester

Fester New Member

I'm kinda surprised the Jets haven't set the price, yet. That could be an indication that it's going to be a real doozy.

18. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

A few weeks ago Woody said in an interview that the info would come the end of August..
    So I'd imagine info this week.

One reason might be that Woody also mentioned that they were trying to figure out a way to give it more value by offering the rights of first refusal to any other event held in the stadium.

The giants have not offered that.

So, that might take some extra time and wrangling to work that out with the giants.

You can bet that if the Jets offer it and the Giants don't heads will roll.
    So they have to figure some sorts of sharing system.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Uhh..how can the Jets do that when the Giants ticket holders have the same seats? They can't.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Halfsies. If you have two seats and want to see Springsteen, you have to take some Giants fans wife to the show.