NYC Plans to Restrict Big-Size Soda Sales

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, May 31, 2012.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ding.

Obamacare, is a step down the road to totalitarianism.

Then again, that's always been pretty clear.

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I'm sure that you also accused George H.W. Bush, the Heritage Foundation, and half of the Senate Republicans of clearly leading us to totalitarianism when they were pushing an individual mandate in the '90s.

3. Hobbes3259

I voted against GHWB, for uttering the phrase "I believe in changing the rules of exclusion, so that if a good cop finds evidence in good faith, it should be admissible'

I don't truck with any of that shit.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm not a fat piece of shit so this means nothing to me.

5. Hobbes3259

P.S.

If you're going to post pseudo fact from HuffPo, at least be charitable enough to include the relevant disclaimer..

You'll, of course deny it, so I'll just add the link so others can decide the worth of your veracity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/individual-mandate-now-vi_n_517097.html

6. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

100% agree with this. I just did a 13 hour flight night to a fat boy that was so big he could't put his arms at his side so his elblows were up the whole flight.

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Are Coke Zero and that new Pepsi Max stuff with no calories and same taste "healthy"?

8. Brunell's Debt

Swap out Poppy Bush for Newt Gingrich or Bob Dole if you like. It doesn't change the fact that the individual mandate was a Republican idea that only became "totalitarian" when a Democrat proposed it.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If you want healthy, drink water.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Well that's obvious...

I was just thinking that if those are "healthy" compared to the normal version...fatasses should switch to those alternatives...

You get the same soft drink crap but its "healthier"...This premise predicated on the notion that Coke Zero is better for you than regular coke...

#90 deathstar, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  11. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

No. Not even close.

ETA: Part of the problem is that there have not been many studies done to examine any indirect effects of the artificial sweeteners until recently (and there still isn't much in the way of definitive studies). But there is some evidence pointing to the idea that there are neurological effects of triggering "sweet" signals that eventually affect the metabolism. i.e. you are not going to lose weight simply because there are no calories in the drink. It appears your metabolism is more likely to store any future incoming calories as fat when it doesn't have the connection between "sweetness" (sucralose/aspartame/etc.) and "energy" (sugar).

#91 Cappy, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  12. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

As a public school teacher in Queens, I support anything that will get my students to drink fewer sugary drinks. I hope this makes it into law and makes people more aware of how incredibly bad sugar is for you.

13. MURDR

MURDR Banned

No, diet sodas and no calorie sodas still aren't healthy.

14. Hobbes3259

Did you learn English as a second language?

Totalitarian is totalitarian.

Except you're too busy preening to admit, that totalitarianism, is a mostly leftist trait.

(smooth the way you glossed over shamelessly cribbing HuffPo.)

15. Hobbes3259

*sigh*

No,No,No.

It's about fucking up Insulin response, and increasing Insulin resistance.

Weight is about calories in vs. calories expended, contingent on the body having the ability to use it's mechanisms correctly.

16. Brunell's Debt

Smooth the way you completely refuse to acknowledge the fact that dozens of prominent Republicans once supported the same mandate that they now claim is killing American democracy.

And why would I be ashamed of citing Sam Stein? HuffPo sucks but he's a good journalist (he was before he got there, and he will be after he leaves.)

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

agreed.

18. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Im in shape and every now and then I get a big gulp cup to mix in beer so i can drink in public this is horseshit

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This requires some clarification. Diet sodas do not rot your teeth like sugared sodas do.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I can think of a million other types of unhealthy food, but where do you draw the line and tell people how much they can eat.

We are not children, nobody should tell us how much of something we can eat.

If people are fat, that's on them it’s not up to some elected official to tell us. Bloomy might think he’s the king of NY, but he’s not.

If people think deucheburg is cutting out soda size for people’s health, then take the blinders off.

I am not sure why, but he obviously has ulterior motives, it might be away to generate new revenue, if its fines or taxes who knows. People may think this is no big deal, but it’s only going to get worst.

This is a millionaire business man, who does the mayor gig for a dollar a day. Let’s not forget that.