NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what site would have decent pricing for seats for the game tomorrow? Maybe looking for 2 tickets.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Whats decent man?

The playoff tickets for Rangers games at MSG are ridiculously expensive nowadays...Especially with those Knicks being out of the playoffs.

Wouldnt surprise me if Dolan has ordered his people to buy as many back from the secondary market and resell...Thats how evil he is.

3. jaywayne12

Was looking online and saw seats up high which is cool for about 175 each. Seems ok?

4. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Tickets are really expensive now. They are almost double the price what they are for the games in Philly. I think your best bet is a site like Craigslist where you can negotiate with the seller. The demands seem more reasonable on a site like Craigslist than the prices that you will see on websites like TicketMaster or Stub Hub.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah right, when people email me some sob story asking for a fraction of the price I posted, guess what sort of response they get? Yeah you got it, no response at all. Best deals are either catching someone needing a quick sale on stubhub or buying from season ticket holders on HF boards because they'll cut out 20% of the price from stubhub

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It's clobberin' time...LGR!

7. matt robinson 17

Paging Stu Bickel...or any blueshirt with a heart and balls too match to step forward today...are you listening Nash! LGR!

8. matt robinson 17

Staal 1-0...PP still killing us, can't even gain the zone

9. matt robinson 17

Fuckin' refs are a disgrace, stole a goal from us and all these stupid penalties...fuckin' joke

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Nice win. Who do Rangers play if they advance?

11. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

The winner of the PIT-CLB series.

Brook! likes this.
  12. GordonGecko

DOMination MOORE

Poeman likes this.
  13. matt robinson 17

Rangers had to play 2 opponents, the refs and the flyers, should have been 4-0 after 2

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Refs were awful as usual. Glad we overcame that handicap.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You know what they say you need all 4 lines t o show up in the playoffs to advance. Players like Dom Moore win you a cup

16. jaywayne12

lol..how was looking for a sob story or a deal? I was wondering was about 180 a decent price for sections on the 400s or 200s but on the end. People actually reach out to people with sob stories for tickets with people they do not know? I would respond...easily.

17. GordonGecko

not saying you - I don't post much of anything on CL anymore. But when I did, say the market for the same tickets was $200. I would post up an ad asking $175, and always get these stories like "I'm a poor college kid, I'll give you $100 for both CASH right now". Oh really dumbass, cash? I was gonna take a check and your word it won't bounce LOL. Take your $100 and buy some textbooks you probably shouldn't be spending it on playoff tickets

18. jaywayne12

lolololo...spit out my drink on that one...oh really dumbass...I got you GG...its amazing what balls people have when negotiating over the computer..I would have done the same...do not blame you at all!

19. jaywayne12

as far as the game...I liked what I saw from Hank. Much more in control...stayed squared and saw the puck real well. That is a great sign. If he brings that play down to philly its over on Tuesday. I thought it was his best overall game so far. Seemed calm and in the zone.

Besides Hank, there is one reason and its a big one, that I think this team can win this series and continue to surprise. When you have a coach that has that much faith in his 4th line and can run a 4th line out there, game on the line, under 5 minutes to go, something really special is happening with this roster.

When your 4th line gives you the eventual winning goal and then the empty netter, this is what we are looking for from a roster that has a few underachievers and a few flaws. That can make up for it if you get Hank being on his game.

I really liked what I saw. This notion, every in between period you would hear to a point where I wanted to puke, that the Flyers are still....5 games in to it, not playing physical Flyer hockey and they cant understand why that is..is A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT.

The reason the Flyers are not doing is because they cant do it. Who are they going to run out there and who do they want them to run up against. While many of us..me leading the way...have gone after this roster for its lack of toughness, nobody can knock this roster and its ability to stand up to the bullshit and laugh it off. If you are going to play more aggressive hockey and go after a teams talent, you need another team to get upset by it and overreact or take them off their game.

Regardless of this flawed roster, this team refuses to let it bother them. So the analysts can go after the Flyers not being aggressive enough all they want. It wouldn't work. It hasn't worked.

The Rangers, whether you respect that type of play or not, dont care...will not go over the line...they are focused and are playing their style of hockey right down to the end.

Is that enough against teams like the Bruins that can just wear you down physically? Would love to find out...but other then playing faster and trying to slow down the Rangers quick transition from defense to offense, there is nothing that this Flyer team can do other then that.

20. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying. I just think its easier to get a good deal on tickets if you can negotiate the price. Like with most things you purchase, I'd rather have the option to negotiate a price than to only have the option of one price. If you can't find a good deal, you can go back to stub hub and see what they have there.