NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

So disgusted, I feel compelled to not comment, however, can't win when you can't score, PP worse than ever, let Caps keep control of puck in Ranger zone for 45 second intervals, how about we attack for a change, unlike Jonny I haven't given up, first remedy is get Staal back, immediately, home cooking, have to winthenext 2, forecheck more, carry the play, follow Dorsett's lead and finish every check, get Clowe back in, I like Powe but geez 2 shots from 2 feet, gotta bury one, also Hank is better than Holtby, try getting some real scoring chances on him, making him look like Patrick Roy with these angle crap shots, lastly wake the fuck up already...LGR!!!

2. matt robinson 17

TDK not knocking Holtby, you can only stop the shots you face...but Nash has to bury that breakawat post or not...

3. matt robinson 17

Jay, Boyler looked astep behind all game...how many more faceoffs can we lose on the PP? Richie andDanny G on the Pp points is a joke I want to see John Moore blasting away from the point with his 100mph slapper...

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No one is knocking Holtby by saying Lundqvist is better. To me, Henrik is the best in the league.Holtby is doing his job though, so you can't say he is doing anything wrong. He has had some help from the pipe and bad shots sure, but looking around the league so far, Holtby is doing great.

5. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

the boys are better off at 5 on 5 than on a powerplay. i firmly believe this to be true.
    lund-Q pitches a no-no and no win to show for it.
    when the caps put the puck over the boards with 45 seconds left and they didn't call the penalty, i wasn't as irate as usual. i simply said "fuck it, they won't score on a powerplay anyway"
    that's bad. i'm usually alot more positive.

THE RANGERS WILL WIN THE NEXT 4 IN A ROW. (no i have not lost it completely, i'm just trying to pull a Joe Torre from '96 after the yanks went down 2-0 to the braves.)

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Hagelin didn't skate today due to being staplegunned to the boards by Ovechkin. He's the only skater out that is looking good. Bad news.

7. matt robinson 17

Maintenance day, Clowe back tommorrow, I hope Asham doesn' sit,, good chance Staal back too

8. matt robinson 17

Brassard too...

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

We're falling apart...literally.

10. matt robinson 17

Brassard maintenance day too

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Has Brassard played in the first two games??????????????????

12. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

At this point, I say we put Ashem on the 1st line. It seems like he gets more scoring chances then anyone else.

13. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

what to do gentlemen? besides win of course? how do they pull one off?
    they can't score, the powerplay is atrocious, they are alot softer than last year, outside of that, i'd say they're doing fine. do or die tonight. can't go down 3-0 or it's tee time.
    uggggh.
    they'll come through, the caps aren't that great. fuckin' islanders are showing alot more grit and heart than the rangers right now.

14. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I said that almost verbatim watching that game yesterday. I was thinking, "I remember when the Rangers were a never-say-die team like the Isles are right now." Gotta give them a ton of credit, they could have packed it in a few times in that series where they were pretty beat. 3-1 in the first period of game 2, blow the two goal lead and surrender the next 4 in game 3. Credit where it's due to that team. If I weren't a Ranger fan, it'd be real easy to root for the Islanders with the way they play.

15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

NYJ87,
    they could have mailed it in many times, but they keep coming back like a fungus.
    fun to watch even for a ranger fan as it is against my most hated team, the penguins.
    yes the pens have easily vaulted to # 1 for me.

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are 2 teams i hate more than the Isles.....they are the Pens and the Devils.

Islanders showing what I thought they would in the playoffs, and I still think they have a shot of KO'ing the Penguins......which makes this Rangers no show all the more disappointing, a real chance the top seed gets knocked off.........second round in the East could be the Isles, Sens, Caps and leafs, who would've effin thought!

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have been to many sporting events in New York, but there is nothing like a MSG Rangers crowd. Good luck tonight. Hopefully the Caps can quiet the place down. :wink:

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

good luck to the rangers. hopefully they get on track. very surprised they shot a blank in game 2. watching game one i thought the caps goalie wasn't too impressive and figured game 2 would be different. NOT.

19. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I will be there tonight. I think Hackett is going also.

20. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

it's in the agbay. caps are toast tonight. there can be no other outcome, or i will be toast.