NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

ha haa!! the great part is that the caps have been one of the premier teams of the last 5 years, now that their control on the reigns is being seriously challenged, you will hear cries of disdain from the fans.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Caps have been more like Craps all season. They turned it on vs. Boston though. I have never heard people calling the Caps a top team the last 5 years. They had no defense. They look more playoff ready now, than any time the last 5 years.

I feel bad saying the Caps outplayed the Rangers now. It was bad wording. It was even play is what I was trying to say because I could feel a little too much cConfidence coming from you Rangers fans. Really it was basically an even game until mid-way through the 3rd where the Rangers made a few plays. Washington hit the post more in this game, than the entire Bruins series though.

4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

you've never heard the caps being called as a stanley cup favorite? i don't see how, not including this year.

5. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

this series is still in the cradle, but it is always great when you take the 1st game.
    game 2 is a must win as they all are.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Rangers always seem to be outplayed yet they usually end up winning.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The Rangers were the better team today. The game looks even because the Rangers will give Washington space at the blue line all day, and that leads to, for the most part, pretty meaningless puck possession. This isn't like Ottawa. Washington isn't a bad match up for us.

It'll be interesting to see just how committed some of Washington's top guys are to this new defensive system Hunter is running. The Rangers run a much better version of their system, I could see them getting frustrated and becoming too wide open. For whatever reason, Boston tried to play a neutral zone game with them and never established the aggressiveness that makes them so good. I don't see the Rangers making that same mistake.

You're not allowed to use the refs as an excuse when you get a 5-on-3 in a playoff game. Especially when they only missed one obvious call for you. Richards got cross checked face first into the ice and it wasn't called (though we'd probably lose momentum on the PP anyway.)

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Wait...do you hear that? I do...It's the...
    WAAAAAAAAAAAMBULENCE

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they're not running 10 commercials per hour yet on MSG for Krei-sanity :beer:

11. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I am sick of hearing the "Caps hit more posts" arguments. 90% of the time, hitting the post is due to perfect goalie positioning. Hitting the post is just as close to missing the net as it is to going in. On all of the posts today, Henrik was never really "beat". Henrik LIVES on perfect positioning and playing probabilities. We outplayed the Caps in a rather emotionless game 1, and I'm sure both teams will come out more fiery in game 2. That's all there is to it.

12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i thought the rangers came out great in the first 10 min.
    they definitely were pushing, and after that it became what it was, but emotionless is not the word, i truly think they were gassed from thurs. night,
    it was a bloodsport out there.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Great post..great points..all of them.

I cant see how the poster even put the refs in the equation. That 5-3 could have been game set match...but incredibly...my youngest son who does not like hockey was sitting in the dining room during those kills when he peaked his head in and said "dad..whats going on? Why is it so loud?" From a television standpoint, I have never heard the Garden that loud..ever. That kill was the game.

And yes...take the shots on net and toss them because first of all it wasn't 37-13...the caps had very little going on all game long. They never matched the onslaught the Senators brought at the Rangers...not even close.

The Caps scare me...always do...and I'm dying to see what they bring to the table in game 2. Dale Hunters defense first is great in theory...but the Rangers struggle against strong offensive teams..or at least are vulnerable at not being able to match firepower with firepower. No match up scared me more than the Penguins.

To me..and I might be way off here...but the new and improved? Capitals seem to play right into the Rangers style.

14. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Must...... bite....... tongue........

15. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Laich learned how to cheap shot from the best.

[youtube]Xte-Vtxg-m8[/youtube]

When I heard Hunter whining about Bruins playing dirty I wanted to puke.

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Considering the Rangers won the game in which they got a 5-on-3, there was no reason to use their shitty job as an excuse.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

18. matt robinson 17

19. matt robinson 17

Hit the nail right on the head, perfect example Kreider's semi breakaway.....Goal!!!

20. matt robinson 17