NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

the only way the jets win this game is if rex ryan bites his tongue and doesnt incorporate a blitz heavy gameplan

2. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Jets really need to work on that pass rush. Can't let Manning sit back, order a pizza, then throw. Beat up team or not hes going to make things happen if he has time to throw. Hes that good.
    Establish the run game to run the clock and keep our offense on the field. Have to keep Manning off the field for long as possible. FG after FG like last year's AFC game is not going to work or we'll see ourselves playing catch up again. We need to score.

3. Hoosier Colt Fan

Hoosier Colt Fan New Member

Hello JETS fans. Looking forward to good game Saturday. Our columnist is picking the JETS and blogger going homer with the COLTS. Id rather have the talking heads on ESPN and NFL net picking against my team don't know which way there all goin yet got tired of all those guys a long time ago. We'll see. Last yr I thought we'd win but I'm leaning for you guys this yr. Our OL has no injuries but is not very good. Our whole starting secondary, is out with the exception of Bethea,No Collie or Clark who were big last yr but we still have 18 and a good rush and have been stoppin the run lately. Oh well injuries are part of the game I think you guys are without Jenkins and Lenoard I think Your team has improved with the addition of Holmes. LT not too worried about him more worried about Shon Green. COLTS do better stoppin speedy shifty runners have trouble with pounders like Green.

I think if Sanchez is on he can torch our secondary if your OL gives him decent time. we'll see thats why they play the game. If you do beat us I will be rooting like crazy for your team over the PATS! Hope whoever wins between our teams doesn't suffer any bad injuries.

4. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I don't and won't root for the Jets... They are the better team this year... but I don't like how cocky the team and their coach is. For a team that hasn't won anything and a below average QB they talk as if they are the SB Champs.

The fans talk as if this team has went 16-0 and they have a top 10 QB... I am still looking to see which team they are watching; the Jets didn't win their division and they are the 6 seed in the playoffs. Albeit they have a good record this year, it wasn't good enough ... But in their favor 0-0 is what they are and all they need to win is Saturday

5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

6. mjthejet

mjthejet New Member

I have to disagree...I dont think there are many Jets fans who think we are at a 16-0 level...most of us think we only put together a couple of complete performances and realize how many games we won which came down to a single late play (den, det, clev, hou)

We are Jets fans, we always think we are gonna find a way the give the game away...never mind winning ever game

7. Hoosier Colt Fan

Well I do agree they are the better team this year doesn't mean they'll win. Anyhting can happen. I dont mind coach Ryan talking it up. Have a little fun for heavens sakes. I don't think all JETS fans think their team is the greatest. Fans are fans. It's all going to be settled Saturday. I HATE THE PATRIOTS so yes I will root for the JETS should they win. Last I checked their coach hasn't cheated nor his disciples hell Mcdaniels is even a cheat!

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

You must be new here. Welcome.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I can assure you that we KNOW our team isn't at the 16-0 level. For crying out loud - half of our fanbase is ready to jump off a ledge and the other half wishes they would.

10. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Don't forget about the trip :)

11. MmmmBeeeeer

MmmmBeeeeer New Member

Yeah I haven't got the impression at all that the Jets fans think they are that good, they're just rooting for their team like we do.

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Yeah just browse some of the in-game threads to get a sense of the range of our feelings about our team.

(Note: Rated R for graphic profanity and internet violence)

13. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

He must be new to the world because I've NEVER seen a single person carry a demeanor as if we're 16-0.

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Yes, we didn't win our division, but with our record this year (against a tougher schedule) we would have won your division.

15. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I don't think the Jets could have won the AFC South being you would have been swept by the Colts...

You see how that game works? You wouldn't have had 2 games against buffalo... You struggled with the Texans, therefore it's safe to say at best your team would have split with them (being you lost to the Dolphins). I think the Jets would have loss 3 games in the AFC South and therefore you would have not won our division.

16. Hoosier Colt Fan

I'll be here after the game to say ggod game to the losers or congrats to the JETS and Beat the PATRIOTS!

17. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

what are you gonna say after we beat you saturday?

18. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

19. coltfan

coltfan New Member

For your tougher schedule argument, the Colts schedule based on last year was tougher than the jets schedule. SOS is determined by last year games and not this years.

The Colts played a first place schedule and the Jets a second place schedule. The teams we were matched up against (4 non divisional vs 1st place teams in their perspective division)...

So this is for your SOS argument... last year houston was 9-7; Philly playoff team, Dallas Div champ, Giants playoff team, Cincy division champ, San Diego Div Champ, NE Divison Champ... Now compare that to the Jets... Baltimore playoff, NE Division Champ, Minnesota Div Champ, Greenbay playoff, Houston 9-7 and that's how you determine SOS.

Now your SOS is weak...

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

really eh? not with that defense.