NY Jets Twitter: Geno Starting Week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 4, 2013.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Never mind....

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

3. MexicanJet

You're the piece of garbage that has a player on YOUR TEAM laying on the turf after an injury as your fucking avatar.. Shows how much class this fanbase has.

If you're rooting against a player on your own team, why call yourself a "fan?"

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Go fuck yourself with that awful avatar, it's amazing how you are not banned yet just for having that avatar

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Honestly, I think its swapped. I think EJ is the safer of the two, and I think Geno has a higher ceiling. Ive never been impressed with EJ's arm- never jumped out to me. I think Geno has a better arm and has better pocket presence. I think EJ uses his athleticism more, but I think both are equally talented from a athlete stand point. For both of them, I think their big question mark was reading defenses and going through reads. I still think both have that problem or at least need to answer that question. Whoever figures that out will most likely be the better pro.

I was never a huge EJ fan personally. Would have been happy with him in the 2nd, but I didnt see a first round player. I saw a guy who many wanted to fit into the Cam Newton mold, but he just isnt close to Cam in every way.

Thats my opinion at least. It'll be interesting to see the two develop next to each other.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

a 2nd round pick and 3rd pick of the team is the same as akili smith?

I would love to hear more reasoning on this.

please, I am begging you to enlighten us on how this could be

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He doesn't know what the numbers are, he just knows they will be black.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Akili went what in the top 10?

Where did Geno get drafted again?

9. MexicanJet

it's not about where Akili and Geno were drafted. It's about how they play QB. Does Geno = Quincy Carter work better for you people?

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What would work best is you not pretending you know how Geno's career is going to pan out. I mean you can keep going with it if you want but you're only making yourself look stupid.

11. 101GangGreen101

They don't play nearly the same.

Please don't put race into this. NFL.COM actually compared him to Sam Bradford whom I really liked coming out of college. Bradford has been on some bad Rams teams

12. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

read an articel a while back that compared Geno to a poor man's Donavan McNab. Acurate?

13. MexicanJet

Who's putting race into it? And Bradford sucks, too. So what's the point here?

I'm not wishing ill will on Geno, but I don't think he's the "savior" many of you are nutting over. Would I love for him to come in and do well? Of course. It helps MY TEAM. I just don't like things this organization has done the past few years.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who you calling "you people"?

Seriously, though. Are you just trying to get banned for being a racist bitch?

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Please confirm you are not and will never be a Jet fan. Please let us think that the fan base of the Jets is far too good to have in their midst people that highlight a players injury to make a point. And Not a very good point at that.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ahhh no.

I went to Syracuse, saw every game he ever played and he has nothing in common with Geno other than him being a black QB.

Geno is a passer, and an accurate one at that. He is not a runner, not a beast.

McNabb could throw but he was terribly inaccurate. He COULD run and he was a wide-body--he was somewhat of an option QB in college, not a pocket passer.

I don't think he became any more accurate in the NFL.

No comparison between the two.

_

17. 101GangGreen101

Each comparison you made you choose a black QB, both whom don't even have the same skill-set as Geno.

I don't think he's the savior also. And I agree I didn't agree with the Geno selection and I stand by it until he proves me wrong. I hope he does too, crow would taste extra good.

I stand by my initial thought on Geno.

18. MexicanJet

Again, how am I being racist in any way? You're the one that needs to be banned for the personal attack, so there you go.

Oh, because I compared him to two other black qb's? He's been compared to a "poor man's McNabb?" But that's not at all racist.. Ok

So, I could compare him to Tim Couch, Charilie Frye, John Beck, Browning Nagle, etc..?

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm a Jet fan for over 25 years. I never have, and never will, have any patience for people who cry about a guy making $10 million a year getting a pulled muscle. In this case, it was the best possible thing that could have happened for the Jets, and ironically, Sanchez. It spares Muck from being booed unmercifully off the field on opening day at home, and he can always cry about how it was the injury that cost him his job, in an attempt to salvage some pride.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

CBS relates him to Alex smith... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664302/geno-smith

Alex, Akili and Geno, I'm starting to wonder if they just do these associations by names. :p