NY Jets Front Office

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 27, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed.

At the end of the day, it's all rather pointless. It doesn't matter what the Jets do in free agency and the draft. It doesn't even matter how well or not Rodgers plays this season. At the end of the day, the Jets will fail because there is just a massive amount of incompetence in that building that has allowed a culture of losing to take root and overrun the whole franchise. Anyone who comes in and manages to fix it should be immediately placed in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, no 5 year wait needed, because taking the Jets to the Super Bowl will be the greatest achievement in the history of American organized sports.

The almost daily reports of further incompetence and circus-like antics within the building has just become disheartening at this point. It's going to be entertaining, to a degree, to see how the Jets manage to top last year's debacle in 2024. That's the only fun they give us on a yearly basis, trying to figure out how they're going to screw things up. I can't think of another franchise that continually finds new and exciting ways to rip the hearts out of their fanbase quite like the Jets do.

#41 jets_fan, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    AJW, NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rex was hired by Tanny, who was the last guy from the Parcells era. Once Tanny got fired and Woody had to make decisions for himself, it was all over.

AJW and BacktoQueens like this.
  3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I was just joking about #2 and #3 but it would be nice to finally hire a president of football operations that the GM reports to that is a football guy and run this team like i should have from the day Woody bought the team.

AJW, BacktoQueens, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

To be honest, I’m not sure that is the primary mission. Not to billionaires and millionaires. Their mission is to sell, and from what I have seen, people keep buying the crap product every year.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It's almost like Spinal Tap started a sports franchise.

Sundayjack likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Even with all that IF they make the right moves in free agency and the draft and Rodgers isn't totally done AND they don't get screwed with injuries in 2024 the Jets have a chance to be really really REALLY good in 2024.

I hope it works out for them. The championship drought has gone on long enough.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

There would be strong value in the hilarity … except it’s the same song over and over. In D-minor. The saddest of all keys.

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Kraft's son and Jerry Jones' son ran NE and Dallas and they did just fine. You need to find the right football guy to actually run football operations. How they sell tickets and advertise or purchase land, etc, that does not have to be football guys. Just get the right GM to run football operations. Unfortunately we haven't had one in a while and JD is likely to join the others soon.

9. typeOnegative13NY

Nothin around here goes to 11

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Such a fine line between stupid and clever

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I laughed so hard I almost pissed my "Lazy Ones!!" :D:D YES, they're a thing! https://lazyone.com/lazy-ass-donkey-funny-blue-boxer/

Sorry, Sunday...I'll stand still so you can get a good whack in on the giblets! lol!!!

It really is a crying shame, when you read that list of *cough cough* executives, just how inept and functionally "broken" this team is. Even the thread with the NFLPA's Team Report Card! Yet another example of this team's inability to do anything even moderately well. With an average grade that put the team right at a C-/D+ is just sad. With all that executive talent this team couldn't muster a solid B across the board? A straight up D- on Family stuff? SMH

12. typeOnegative13NY

I usually haunt the grey areas

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That’s why people that think woody should sell the franchise are whistling Dixie

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I like this one @mezzavo:

Eric Allen
    Vice President, News Strategy

News Strategy . . . ? o_O "It's my job to be Svengali and blame shift. The FANS are the problem. Print that!"

mezzavo and BrowningNagle like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's a very Jets-y title. "Let's strategize on how we can make news"

mezzavo likes this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

jets have a front OffAss

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

After the shitshow was exposed in the media this offseason, and players publicly commenting on coaches, is it surprising that no quality FA would want to come here? We're limited to aging, over the hill players looking for one last payday if no one else will sign them.
    The incompetence of this organization is staggering.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Very true. WHAT other organization would have signed worthless retreads like Uzomah, Tomlinson, Brown, Lawson and Cook to about $110M in contracts?
    Those 5 did SQUAT for all the money they poached from the jets. But each will probably send Joe Douglas a Christmas card every year for all that loot and zero production.
    Fire Douglas now.

19. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

With all of the higher level front office departures this year, I wonder who Joe Douglas is working closely with instead these days

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Neville Chamberlain.

Jets69 likes this.