NY Jets: Darron Lee takes a shot at his former team on Twitter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 13, 2021.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I agree but what were the options really?
    Again the GM decides the final 53 and those two guys took up two LB spots. When injuries hit, there wasn’t much left to work with.

i should also add that Davis has looked terrible. I’d rather see the rookies tbh.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, I believe a good GM should consult his HC and draft the players that they ALL agree on.

I am not absolving JD just apportioning if not equal blame then some blame towards Saleh as well.

3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm not pissed??? WTH are you getting that from? I just don't understand what the hell you were watching? He could NOT defend the run. He could NOT defend the pass. He routinely got manhandled and pushed aside due to his size. 215 pound players are not suited to be linebackers in a 3-4. The only thing that was more pathetic than his single digit football IQ was his arrogance when virtually everyone was laughing at him. Like I said and it's actually an objective take on Darron Lee, if he'd been selected in the 6th round it might possibly have been even value? Anything higher than that constitutes the Jets getting fleeced.

4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I knew it pretty much the very second he was selected. What was so incredibly laughable was Lee's NFL scouting report. I don't know what the hell those fucking boobs were looking at:

He received a final draft grade of 6.70 and that is defined as a year 1 starter

By Lance Zierlein
    NFL Analyst
    NFL Comparison
    Zach Brown

Lee's never been short on confidence, proclaiming to teammates that he was the one to take over for 2014 first-round pick Ryan Shazier in the Buckeyes' defense -- even though he was only a year removed from starring as a quarterback and cornerback in high school. He wound up starting all 15 games in that redshirt freshman year for the national champion Buckeyes, earning multiple Freshman All-American accolades with 81 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. Lee truly hit the national stage by terrorizing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, receiving Defensive MVP honors with seven tackles, three for loss, and two sacks. His play as a sophomore was just as good, tracking down ball carriers 66 times, 11 for a loss and 4.5 sacks on his way to second-team All-Big Ten accolades from league coaches (third team media).

Overview
    Lee's level of NFL success might very well be tied to scheme fit and his ability to add more muscle to his frame. His athletic traits and ability to make plays should make him a starter, but he won't unlock his full potential unless he gets strong enough to handle the rigors of an NFL linebacker.
    Strengths
    • Quick to diagnose and flow to the ball
    • Has unusual ability to find the most efficient routes to the ball
    • Has athleticism and flexibility to contort his body and succeed through difficult tackle angles
    • Plays with loose hips, quick feet and desired agility of an NFL weak-side linebacker
    • Former high school quarterback with the change of direction and speed to be a rangy playmaker
    • Comfortable in space and excels there
    • Has plus man cover talent
    • Willing to stand in and take on blockers with a leveraged strike if his gap is being threatened
    • Capable gap blitzer with ability to get skinny through the holes
    Weaknesses
    • Smallish linebacker
    • Play strength doesn't come close to matching puffed up listed weight
    • Balance issues at point of attack could plague him over his NFL career
    • Has the body type of a big safety
    • Tape shows few authoritative tackles
    • Involved in too many arm and shoestring tackles
    • Comes flying in and fails to come to balance at times
    • Charged with 21 missed and five broken tackles over the last two seasons
    • Always at size disadvantage and will have to learn to slip more blocks
    • Can get better at finding targets in zone coverage

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nah he was free agent material. Hindsight no one would waste a draft pick on this loser.

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. boozer32

I forgot also but now I remember Leonard Williams picking him up and carrying him away from his girlfriend. He looked like a little wuss in Williams's arms lol.

NCJetsfan and Royal Tee like this.
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I totally forgot about that...sweet lawd...lmao

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How can it be equal blame when the draft is the GMs job?
    Was the Lee selection Bowles fault?

Saleh is not out scouting players all year and telling the FO who to pick is he? If he were than obviously we have the wrong GM in that scenario as well.

Saying you value speed at LB does not equate to drafting 2 safeties for the position.
    There has to be individual responsibilities that each job can be evaluated on, and those selections are on the GM/scouts.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Did Bowles ask for Lee?

It is as simple a question as that.

If Bowles said to Mac go and get me Darron Lee, then yes, it would be ALSO on Bowles, if it was Mac who wanted Lee all by himself then it is ALL on Mac, I didn't think it was this hard to understand tbh with you.

Again for the second part how do you know this (i have admitted I am playing devils advocate to a certain extent) you say he values speed but that doesn't equate to drafting safeties for LB's, you do not know who or what the plan was, a plan I would hope a GM and HC sit down together and agree on.

the bit in bold is my whole point, who wants a GM foisting their own picks on an HC that may or may not fit the HC's system or plans, to not have an agreed plan would be just absurdly stupid, haven't you (we all) just slagged Mac's draft picks off in the past for this very reason?

Also, do you think Saleh won't have had his eye on players at some point or heard reports on certain players that he may have suggested to be scouted?

I mean every Tom, Dick and Harry on here knows everything about every player in existence or so it seems on draft night.

ps who said equal blame anyway btw? It is right there in my post if NOT equal blame then SOME blame.

#69 K'OB, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  10. boozer32