NY Jets at Cleveland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I just remember Webster Slaughter beating Carl Howard. I must have blocked out the rest. Why am I doing this to myself.

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

got a fucking reprieve after Moseley missed a chip shot too...and squandered that

I can't believe I still remember an NFL with a straightaway kicker.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

How about Frank Gifford and Don Meredith? The fact that Cosell and Meredith didn't like each other was great. I always wondered if Don Meredith was a little drunk in some of the telecasts.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He was yes and slurred from time to time. Also he was high a couple of times. But it was the 70's. Nobody cared

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Game night!

Are you ready for some football?

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am excited as hell for tonight!

Yesterday felt weird without Jets football.

I am pumped to see what we can do without Darnold. I hope we shock some people and win this game!

James Hasty and Footballgod214 like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You got all this after one close loss that our defense dominated for 3 qtrs and our QB was playing with mono? man, ur good!

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it will be an honor just to watch the Jets take the same field with the mighty Cleveland Browns.

hopefully they take it easy on us

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will go out on a limb and say that after tonights game this board will NOT BE a nice place so if you have meds or alcohol you might want to have some of those before logging in after the game.

10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We are going to get our shit rocked tonight. 28-10 Browns.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  11. jetophile

I asked why am I doing this to myself and you answered me. Thanks, pal. Brutal. And Pat Leahy, the Jets all-time leading scorer, missed an easy one, too. Jets gonna Jets, then, now, and forever. Sounds like some horrible prayer I was forced to learn in the two years I lasted in Catholic School.

I remember in '93 that if the Jets won and this team lost and that team won they were in. Everything played out but the Jets didn't win. Then it was if the Jets won but this other team lost and the other guy won and this other guy lost the Jets were in, but no. It was all these crazy scenarios that would go down like clockwork in their favor except the Jets just couldn't do what they had to do.

So anyway, the Jets STILL had a theoretical chance depending on what happened with other teams at the end of the day. They were playing Buffalo away and a FG would have given the Jets a 17-16 win (history somewhat repeated itself last week score-wise but also in the Excruciating Department, Aisle Pain). I said, "OK, this is it. If Cary Blanchard misses this easy field goal there is no God." Well, we all know how that turned out. My inner spiritual struggles were over. At least that part was liberating, but I'm still an indentured servant.

Signed,
    -Bruce Coslet's Daughter

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I remember when Coslet's daughter used to work on the sidelines, which people said kept the players on their best behavior. (Though that was probably not true.)

I also remember our defensive coordinator making the choke sign to the dolphins kicker after he missed a game tying extra point to end the season before. That defensive coordinator would replace Coslet as HC in 1994, and eventually go on to be a great HC - just not for the Jets.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m going tonight and I’m actually unhappy about it.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Give that Baker guy a swift kick in the nuts.

It will cheer you up.

15. jetophile

TGG Forum Declaration - Enough is enough, Bowles circus has to go - #FireBowles

History of "offensive-minded" head coaches

Where the Jet coaches REALLY rank historically..

Oh, and see my Title Bar. And the choke move, that was Pete Carroll.

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I’m be pissed lol. Good thing I didn’t plan to hit a Jets game in the early weeks.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No reason Odell should get less than 150 against us--so why do I think the NYJ are gonna pull a miracle tonight?

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

No clue. The only thing I am optimistic about is D Thomas will have more yards than Q did last week. Other than that, I feel like this game is going to be really ugly...

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So the black uniforms look like total ass

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm really not excited about this game tonight. Neither is my older brother. It's a bad feeling to know that not only did we blow a late 16 point lead against Buffalo last week (now 0-1) but we're without major key players in C. J Mosley, Quinnen Williams and to make it even less exciting... no SAM DARNOLD for 4-6-8 weeks etc.

I hope I'm wrong but we're going to look bad tonight. The only chance we have is Le'Veon Bell dominating for 200+ yards both rushing and receiving combined.

I have NO IDEA how our CBs can cover Beckham Jr and Landry without getting destroyed for 4 quarters.

This game. With a lack of talent. Will show what type of coaching staff we have. If we lose by anything less than 17 I'll consider it good coaching lol