NY Jets agree with G Alex Lewis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darrelle24Revis, Mar 17, 2020.

1. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

diplomatically left us off the latter list, though we were exhibit A last year -- Bell, Mosley, Barr (almost); then in more painful times Revis 2.0; Tru Johnson, etc.

Indeed almost every good team has avoided the FA scheme; they stockpile picks and either draft well or use them as capital in trades

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The problem is, that decision has to be made based on this seasons performance. Without a solid o line to protect him and legit weapons how can he have the week to week consistancy?
    Look at the chiefs, your example. They could score at will but couldn't stop a nosebleed in 18, the spent in the offseasons on D and the result was a Super Bowl win. They have another year before they give Mahomes his big payday. Their Hope's are the players drafted last year,this year and next,develop and replace the high dollar vets.
    Cheifs,Rams,Eagles all spent big while they had their QB on the cheap rookie deal. Resulting In a Super Bowl for each. You need to be successful in both aspects. Quality drafts and quality FA additions. You can not build a championship team using one exclusively.
    Unfortunately, poor drafting for years and poor Decisions in free agency have left us with a potential QB, a stud safety and little else.

#42 TonyFtLaud, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't show much knowledge of football and in particular, recent Jets' football, either.

chandler and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

In my mock I had us signing Alex Lewis as a backup who might compete with a rookie for one of he guard spots.

With that said giving him more than $6 mil per year seems to be a bit much.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

with that money i guess he's starting now. he played ok last year and 6mil isn't a ton.

James Hasty likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bad coaching has been a major issue here...Not just bad free agencys etc..

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

While bad coaching has become a common occurrence here, the offseason moves have been abysmal. And that's being nice about it.

Let's not even speak about previous years drafts

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need a true #1 Corner and Wide Reciver ...is Robby Anderson a real number 1 WR?Im not sure...But I feel like he would be even better with true 1 reciver on the other side.Crowder is a good player and a good #3 on the depth chart or #2..But we need more then that..Darnold needs more weapons if he is gonna take the next step...I feel like next season going into his third year is a make or break type of year for him.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I agree with you completely, which is why in another thread I said that I would love if Douglas grabbed a #1 receiver with the 11th pick and we loaded up on offensive line later in the draft.