NY Jets 2020 draft thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter all too much for us I don't think, but Tua is out with hip and ankle injuries now. Mind blowing that he was still in the game up 35-7 in the 2nd quarter. I don't even know why he played today. They could've handled Mississippi State without him.

I don't think it affects his draft stock too much. He does seem to get hurt a lot but he'll be more protected in the NFL. I think we could see him be the #2 QB taken behind Burrow though. He could kick and scream so he doesn't go to Cincinnati and I don't blame him if he does.

jilozzo likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Looking at another player too in Primetime tonight if anyone wants to watch. I know Jeudy is the big name, but CeeDee Lamb is simply incredible. If we move down in the draft I'd be an advocate to go get him.

I know we need a tackle and yada yada. But he is nearly impossible to tackle and catches EVERYTHING. The guy is one of the best players I've ever seen in terms of when he gets the ball inside the red zone and finding the end zone.

He reminds me so much of prime Antonio Brown before he lost his mind.

#162 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Higgins with 3 TD's at the half. He's underrated IMO. He might not be the top WR prospect, but he could be a nice day 2 pick.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

We really lucked out in a sense. Because this is such a great offensive draft. I just hope we can try to acquire another second or third round pick. The problem for us is going to be filling the center position. It basically needs to be filled in the second round as the only guys worth it will be gone by the third. But there are sooooo many receivers that will be worth that second round pick.

5. CotcheryFan

That's one of the reasons why I'd look to see what I can get for Adams in the offseason. We'd get back at least a 2020 1, which can be used on a C. Biadasz, if he available when we pick again round 1, could be our Mangold of the 2020's. There's also Creed Humphrey who might be a better prospect than Biadsz according to Kurt. https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/ol-prospects-coming-out-next-year.92536/page-2#post-3858347

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Denzel Mims with the touchdown for Baylor. Burned the corner and he's only projected in the middle rounds.

I'm with you though. I'd prefer a one and a three to paying a strong safety $18 million a year. Outside of moving Revis, we've usually won when trading good players (Abraham, Keyshawn) for draft picks.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yup. Not just in the red zone but anywhere on the field the guy creates amazing plays. He is one of the best I've seen in several years now.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

think tua's hip went bo jackson style (hopefully not as severe) but it'll be interesting to see what evolves from this. he should probably declare and if no complications some team will swoop in and steal him like the chiefs did with mahomes.

9. CotcheryFan

At this point, I'm not gonna worry about where we pick. I'm positive we'll lose a few more games this year and will pick somewhere in the top 10.

GWjet and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They said because Bo kept playing with the injury, it made it much worse than it should have been. Tua just had surgery and they're saying he will be fine, ready to throw in the spring.

jilozzo likes this.
  11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Seems like we’re on track for an 7-9 type season.

targets:
    Wirfs
    Yetur Gross Matos
    Alex Leatherwood
    Baedasz
    Tee Higgins
    Walker

12. CotcheryFan

Ceedee Lamb
    Henry Ruggs
    Austin Jackson(I know you're not high on him)

13. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Yep. Agreed. Still think OL is the way to go round 1 but was very impressed with Gross Matos yesterday.

14. Creed Humphrey
    Trey Adams
    Mekhi Becton

SettlerDawg likes this.
  15. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Yes to Creed. We need a center so bad that we overpaid for Khalil to come out of retirement. We had the opportunity in this year's draft and we blew it. The Jets brought in Bradberry and McCoy for personal workouts and should have traded down to pickup a 2nd round pick. Creed in round 1 pls.

NCJetsfan, mrjet80 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

According to Tankathon we are now picking 10th

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

A lot of those big names will be gone before we pick but there should still be plenty of talent to pick from

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Looks like Thomas will be out of reach now, no matter how we end the season. I'm now banging the table for Tyler Badass.

What's the feeling about Becton or Jackson as OT picks? I don't like Wirfs from what I've seen.

18. CotcheryFan

Here's a RB who could be a target for us in the middle rounds. No, the position isn't one of our biggest needs, but Powell and Montgomery are FA's after this season while Bell is getting up there in age.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have several questions for fellow draft enthusiasts.

I've playing quite a games on both draft games. If the real draft happens anywhere near like the ones in the games have, we won't get many if any decent trade down offers, and we'll have little or no shot to get Thomas or an elite edge rusher. It also looks like we'll have no shot to get either Biadasz or Humphrey at C, and depending how they're ranked, may not get a shot at one of the 2nd tier OTs, either. In addition, in most of the games I've played I had to take Jeudy or Lamb with the #1 pick, and then with the 2nd round pick, the BPA that matched need best was a CB, not another OL or edge rusher.

I've started looking at some centers and edge rushers that might fall to the 2nd - 4th round. Where do you think Jake Hanson will go? What do you guys think of Cohl Cabral of AZ St. and Gage Cervenka of Clemson at C?

In terms of an edge rusher, how about Tennessee's Darrell Taylor? Who do you like that might be there at one of our picks?

I've also been looking at some of the taller WRs trying to find a taller target (6'4" or taller) for Sam. I llike Tee Higgins of Clemson, but he'll probably go early. Who do you like best between Denzel Mims of Baylor , Collin Johnson of Texas, Michael Pittman, Jr. of USC, and Nico Collins of Michigan?

Finally, what do you guys think of the following CBs: CJ Henderson, Florida; AJ Terrell, Clemson; Trevon Diggs, Alabama; TJ Carter, Memphis; Mike Hampton, South Florida; and DeMarkus Acy, Missouri?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm a big fan of Mims, but I'm not a fan of him for this team. He's very thin and I wonder if he'll be able to make the plays he makes in college, in the pros with the light frame he sports. I think he will, but it's a question mark and I think for a team that already has Robby Anderson, we need a more physical player. He's listed at 6'3", 215 but he just doesn't look like it on the field at least in my eyes.

I have to believe that Nico Collins will go back to school. Could be wrong. He's having a bad day today too.

Collin Johnson might struggle with speed and separation. He's a decent route runner, but will have to get better in the NFL.

Michael Pittman is the prize of the players you listed. He's a complete receiver, he has a great pedigree whose father player in the NFL and comes from one of the best receiver universities. I think he's going to be a stud. It's an extreme compliment but he plays like Michael Thomas of the Saints. Attacks the ball when it's in the air and he'll feast in an offense that feeds him the ball in that 7-14 yard range (hooks, curls, outs, etc.). Also think Alshon Jeffery/Brandon Marshall kinds of molds. A true X receiver. Hopefully he falls into a range where we can get him because he's what we're missing. He won't test exceptionally well in terms of combine numbers so he's going to fall.

@KurtTheJetsFan is a better guy to ask about the offensive lineman and corners.

NCJetsfan likes this.