NY County is trying to get me to do Jury Duty (again)...

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Br4d, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So I'm dealing with the NY County Jury Duty Questionaire again for probably the 5th time in 30 years.

I lived at the address they routinely ping me at from 1965 to 1983. Then I did what many people do once they are out of school - I moved away. Initially to other addresses in Washington Heights, then to the Upper West Side, then to The Bronx, then to New London, CT and currently to Bethel CT.

I had easy ways to dissuade them when they pinged me early on. I had the little slips that NY County and The Bronx provide when you actually complete jury duty.

I have asked NY County to remove me from their books entirely on several occasions, notably when I sent in a copy of the King's County slip showing I had completed jury duty in the Bronx in 1995. I did this also with a photo copy of my Connecticut driver's license and a utility bill from Waterford, CT in 2008 on another occasion.

I have asked the Registrar of Voters to remove me from the rolls in my former precinct in Washington Heights at least once and maybe a couple of times. Somehow I keep getting pinged by NY County anyway.

So I will send in a copy of my driver's license (again) and a utility bill from Bethel CT this time and ask them to remove me from their records (again). I will ask the Registrar of Voters to make sure I am not appearing on any NY voters rolls (again). I'm not sure there's actually any way for them to do that but I will ask.

And like clockwork in 2023 I will get pinged at my father's address (again). Surely there is a better use of NY County's official resources than chasing people who last voted in a district 33 years ago as prospective jurors.

Signed an outraged (not really) ex-voter.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why don't you do what most do and ignore the jury duty summons?
    i mean not me, i try to get on jurys, but most people just throw it in the garbage

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Worked for me one time, lol.

I just got another one a couple of days ago tho

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Show them the receipt from your gender reassignment surgery.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Its massive jury duty fraud....

6. FJF

or a ticket stub from a libery game should work

Yisman and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The Russians have hacked the jury selection process.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Got called and served against my will last March and I got picked for a jury, got questioned by both lawyers and picked one side and the opposite attorney dismissed me. I went back in the pool and they released me after 4 hours and told me I'm good for 6 years. This was in Nassau County.

9. FJF

i got called once when i lived in jacksonville. ended up as a potential juror in a 1st degree murder case. dude offed his babys mama. during jury selection the defendant was sleeping on the table. i wanted to be on that jury but was dismissed due to a checkered past.
    the trial took 4 hours, jury deliberated for 20 minutes before they came back with guilty