Now What??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, Douglas needs time. Still don't understand why they didn't fire mcIdiot when they fired Bowles. Ownership is clueless.

grkmanga31 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They certainly are contradictory if you hire a guy, or keep a guy who would "promote his cronies and friends and oust people who were much better qualified" that certainly does "mean that they don't do their job(s) well."

The job is to hire the people who can best accomplish the task, not hire the people who can best accomplish the task only if they are pals. He's not hired to make or keep friends, he's hired to accomplish the tasks at the highest level possible. The task is to win every game the team plays; I won't accept that a coach or player is okay because of who their friends are when there are better coaches and players around.

If you are seriously making the case that it's okay to not have the best people around if they're somebody's buddy, just come out and say it. In black and white. If you think it's okay to keep somebody around with subpar performance because they are friends of the boss, just say it.

#102 Ralebird, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ralebird

By prospect I mean either, or whatever position is being filled at the time. There are no specifics being discussed by me just a response to that nonsense about somebody or anybody not wanting to come to the Jets. When has that happened in reality? It's a hiring process and candidates get to decide if the job is a good fit for them just as the employer does. This is no different than any business in that regard. You can make claims about meddling but I doubt you can support it; few teams have less owner involvement than the Jets. I also believe it would be an extremely rare candidate for a top position on any NFL team who would turn his back on a franchise that has a long history of intransigence rather than one of making rash moves.

I have no idea why you are talking about firing a GM before their first draft. Where is that coming from? Not any recent history. Your projections don't indicate any real state of affairs, but apparently that's exactly what you see.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm going to hit the report button until my hand falls off because you used the N word with a hard e. There is no excuse for that on a Jets board. It doesn't matter if you didn't write the movie, sat through it, sit through it, or own it on DVD, you're a racist and it deserves a ban. You should know better and you're not fooling anyone.

For the record, Dierking didn't report me. Also for the record, I never complained about the ban to Petrozza or any other moderator. I didn't feel compelled to lower myself by defending my character and the last thing I was ever going to do was give a limp-wristed mea culpa, especially because I wasn't sorry. I wasn't even ever going to address it aside from what I said in the thread at the time, most of the posts of which I'm sure were deleted, but most importantly, the "offensive" ones. Well, the opportunity presented itself so . . .

Now that that's out of the way, I'll let the rest of you social justice warrior hyocrite faggots get back to business. GO JETS!!!

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"negro" is a bad word? Since when?

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Players, HC candidates or GM candidates not wanting to come to the Jets is nonsense? ROFLOL! Guy, you haven't been paying attention. In the HC search, several candidates said that they were not interested in coming to the Jets, including both Harbaughs. When Idzik was hired, it was because no decent GM candidate wanted to come to the Jets. They refused to even interview for the position. There have been a number of FAs over the years that have refused the Jets' offers, when the Jets were offering more money than other teams.

You really are ridiculous. The Johnsons haven't meddled? OMG Every poster here but you knows how they've meddled.

It is pointless to continue discussing because you are totally out of touch and clueless. You must have reading comprehension issues. If you didn't you'd know that at least one if not a couple more posters have talked about firing Douglas if he doesn't fire Gase this season. I'm not "projecting" anything, but was responding to their posts.

7. Ralebird

You need to pay attention. Both Harbaughs? So when a guy says "I'm not leaving my NCAA job" that means he has a problem with the Jets? Nobody else said I want an NFL job, but not at the Jets. You may have yourself convinced, but that's your problem.You repeat your "meddling" claims but fail to support them. An owner has a right to be involved in his business - in this case a football team but there has been no micromanagement here. No Johnson is on the field calling plays, No Johnson is in the draft room, no Johnson is at practice saying "cut that guy." You can make all the statements you want to support your "everything is okay" philosophy but that doesn't mean it's correct, even if you say "every poster here knows."

What you have is opinions - unsupported, clueless opinions. You're entitled to them, but not to pass them off as truths, Like Gase and Douglas being "best friends."

Respond to whatever other posters say, but don't expect me to support them, or you if I haven't gone there. And try to do it without the juvenile name calling.

8. Dierking

Cripple fight!!!

KWJetsFan, FJF and joe like this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You two again?.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#109 joe, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    KWJetsFan likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Feisty.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It depends on who says it. If you had posted a video of the scene but didn't quote the scene even though you didn't write the scene it would have been OK. I can't believe you're still here. Reported.

It was several months ago. I never asked who banned me because I much prefer to remain in the dark. It would only irritate me more than it did at the time to know who bent to PC pressure in light of the fact that I am personal friends off the board with a couple of people in the war room. No, I'm not implying that I deserve special treatment. Nobody does.

I fully expected it, though when I saw where it was going. People just love to get self-righteous, especially when they're barking up the wrong fucking tree. I'll tell you what offends ME. Those jackasses who want to call a Holiday Tree a Christmas Tree and old men who hold doors open for women to be polite. People really need to get their priorities straight.

Now what?? I'm making apple crisp, bitch. I love the Fall and the goddamn Jets are not ruining it for me.

#111 jetophile, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  12. Dierking

You got the market cornered on inscrutable jibberish.

FJF and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The only one getting "self-righteous" is you.

And now you're spotlighting Dierking? :confused:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. Let me lock this thread or it won't end well. A few words before I lock. Please no racism talk here. Let's keep it this topic out. We are a football forum for God's sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.