Now we know why Harvin came cheap..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 18, 2014.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

The stuff about his incidents with the Vikings and at Florida are well documented, there's a reason he slid in the draft despite the insane talent, he's a fucking nutcase.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Holmes in his prime was just as good as Harvin if not better,Holmes has a Superbowl MVP and a 1200 yard season Harvin has neither his best season came when Bret Farve was QB of Vikings

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

How are people against giving up a 6th and 7 mill of next year's rollover money for production in a season that is down the tubes? You don't see it?

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Could be worse...he could have lost the fights. Instead he nutted up and kicked the shit out of his own teammates. Baaaad ass!!!!

NY Jets68 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Because we like to watch football and like to watch our team win maybe? Or maybe you've been a loser all your life and don't mind watching your team lose. Me? Not having it. Just Win Baby!!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i thought it was a 4th that can become a 2nd which makes a huge difference (jalen saunders vs jace amaro)

7. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Jesus H Christ some people are just never happy. Seahawks gave up a 1st 3rd and 7th for a guy we just gave up a 4th max for and gm's are sitting around laughing at Idzik.
    Harvin is a better footballer then any other offensive player we have. This trade makes us better and for a 4th or maybe 6th pick it's a no brainer. The other thing it does is come free agency next year we can say to guys look we are building an offensive here come be part of it. We just got more attractive to free agents looking to sign for somebody who will be competitive

tiger8mush, 74 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

But Harvin is a cancer and impossible to get alone with

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jesus had a middle name? Just curious...and by the way I agree with you. If it works out, the foundation is being put into place.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wait whut?

Is this why Wilson dumped his wife?

_

11. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You keep saying this, as if this deal was just a standing offer that Idzik was fretting over and finally decided to cash in on after waffling, passing on the opportunity to wait until the offseason to make the same trade and acquire Harvin AND preserve the rollover money.

I can say with the utmost certainty that this was not the case. The deal was on the table NOW, and if you're to believe the article that opened this thread, this past week was when Seattle decided they had to offer a massive discount and get him moved.

The move may or may not work, but in order to arrive at your perspective on this move on the whole you have to have a tremendous amount of bias and or willful ignorance to the facts.

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lmao hey I'm all for exciting plays too. I was happy about Brandon Marshall and Mike Wallace. As a fan there is nothing I can do about dumb decisions involving draft picks or money but that doesn't mean they are good just because we got a good player who will temporarily make me forget about the misery of having a bad organization.

Unfortunately when you abandon your inner caveman football becomes much more depressing when you have a shit team

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This makes sense in theory.

But add the fact that Harvin left Minny amid some of the same type issues. Also add the fact that the Seahawks are basically giving him away after giving up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th to get him, and have paid him $19mil already. You don't dump a supposed difference maker just because he doesn't get along with a couple of guys. I think more even more will surface as time passes.

I still think this move was probably worthwhile for the Jets because of the upside, and it doesn't really hurt them long term if it doesn't pan out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Maybe... But then why would Russell want him gone, which seems like the situation.

15. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The double team?

16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

There's no doubt he comes with baggage. I think if anyone denies that then they're in denial.

But like you said its very low risk for the Jets. A 6th rounder, even a 4th rounder for Harvin is very good value. This Jets locker room has pretty strong leadership. Something they didnt have near the end of Holmes tenure.

Harvin was probably around other immature guys in Minnesota (we all know about AP now) and who knows about Seattle. They are a very young team. Either way its worth it. If he bombs out then there's no harm done. Even though tons of people will kill the team for the deal. If he succeeds we have a legit weapon for the next couple years.

Win/win for us in my opinion.

NYJetsO12 and Axel3419 like this.
  17. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

My guess is that he is difficult and Seattle needs flexibility. Seattle needs to sign core players going forward and he was surplus

18. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

After giving this trade some thought there is no question that it makes sense, and fits snugly within Idzik's overall strategy thus far. Whether or not you think so, this IS a low risk trade- a 4th to 6th rounder for a player with significant upside but plenty of warning labels. This is not the first time we've seen this- Ivory, Goodson, and Patterson come to mind. So far Idzik's record on these "low risk high reward" players isn't great but its not awful either, if only for the production Ivory has given us as essentially our feature back. The real problem with this strategy is how timid it. Sure, there is a "low risk" in principle but it can only happen so many times before the strategy has to be seen as just not worth it. The success of Harvin shouldn't be important, but it really is given Idzik's shaky track record. If the Harvin trade ends up being a success it legitimizes a lot of what Idzik has been doing.

The fact that this move has the potential to fix a dire need for our team is worth it, given what we had to give up for it. If Seattle had asked for a 1-2 round pick I really don't believe we would have jumped on this. But a conditional 4th-6th? Its a chance worth taking, I think.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't panic Rex will straighten out his ethics, he's well known for his harsh discipline

20. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Luggage or not, I love this pick. It takes a lot of pressure off Gino to find open receivers that causes him to make bad decisions. It will take pressure off of Amaro and allow for him to over match whoever is covering. This will have an immediate impact.

NYJetsO12 likes this.