Now that the draft is over who are your top 10 teams?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LockDown24, Apr 24, 2010.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I know its still pretty early but at this point I think we have a good sense of how each team is starting to shape up. Here's my list:

1. Colts
    -Manning is still the best and this squad doesn't look too different from last year's powerhouse team.

2. Vikings
    -Assuming Favre comes back and continues to play like he did last year they will have an elite squad loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.

3. Saints
    -The Super Bowl champs will be dominant again, but the loss of Sharper and Fujita on defense will hurt them.

4. Jets
    -The best defense in the NFL got better with the additions via FA and the draft, as long as Sanchez continues to grow and play like he did in the playoffs the sky is the limit.

5. Ravens
    -Another great defense that got even better through the draft, Flacco and Rice will also make them a force to be reckoned with on offense

6. Cowboys
    -Another team that got a lot better through the draft, Bryant, Austin and Witten will create a dynamic aerial attack for Romo

7. Chargers
    -Still have loads of talent, Rivers and the passing game will take some pressure off the running game which hasn't been as dominant as it was in the past

8. Packers
    -Rogers has become one of the best QBs in the NFL and Bulaga will make an immediate impact on their offensive line.

9. Patriots
    -Definitely on the decline, Brady and Belichick are still two of the best but Welker's injury and inconsistent defensive play are a big concern

10. Titans
    -Came on strong in the second half of the last season and as long as Young continues to improve his play they could be a darkhorse Super Bowl contender

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I would sub out the Pats and put in the Texans, that team is going to be dangerous this year...mark my words.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. Saints
    2. Colts
    3. Jets
    4. Ravens
    5. Vikes
    6. Pats
    7. Texans
    8. Cowboys
    9. Packers
    10. Chargers

4. Jam.

Jam. Banned

1. Saints
    2. Colts
    3. Jets
    4. Vikings
    5. Packers
    6. Cowboys
    7. Ravens
    8. Eagles
    9. Chargers
    10. Texans

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Houston is going to be much improved this year, but they are in a fairly tough division, and they still have to deal with Peyton.

their offense will be more explosive than ever, but the question is can that defense continue to improve and get them over the hump and finally put them in the playoffs?

6. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

What about the Panthers + Clausen? I mean maybe not top 10, but they have a pretty decent team.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

They will be a team that goes 10-6/11-5 and has a very good shot of getting hot in the playoffs. I agree the division is unlikely for them.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I could see the Panthers having a season similar to our 2009 season

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Their Defense is very questionable, so I can't see them getting very deep in the playoffs.

10. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Who knows if Clausen is even starting? They used like 3 draft picks on QBs, which was dumb, and still like Matt Moore. John Fox is on the hot seat, and without Julius Peppers their defense should take a nose dive...With their tough division I see 6-8 for them this season. Though they do have a good run game.

11. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

I'm baffled why they took Tony Pike. But I think Clausen will challenge for the starting position.

12. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Challenge, yes. Win? Probably...but that doesn't mean he'll be successful. He'll start because Fox is desperate to keep his job.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Very interesting thread...

Before I post mine I gotta say San Fran and Seattle look great this year. They won't be top 10 but I expect a crazy battle down to week 17 for the division title.

10. Cowboys
    9. Texans
    8. Chargers
    7. Patriots
    6. Ravens
    5. Colts
    4. Saints
    3. Vikings
    2. Packers
    1. Jets

These are not power rankings. I just really feel we have the best team in the league. We are complete.

14. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

We are complete if our question marks pan out:
    1. Which Cromartie will we get
    2. Will Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery work well together
    3. Will our OL be as dominant without Faneca
    4. Will Greene-LT-McKnight be a good combo
    5. Will Sanchez play like it's the playoffs
    6. Will Jenkins and our DL hold up with their age
    7. How will our safety play be without Rhodes

The teams like the Chargers, Colts, etc are teams that have been to the playoffs multiple times in the past couple years, the Jets not so much. We've changed our roster so much during the off season, on paper for the better, but it's tough to say we're the best team when so much could go wrong.

Anyway I agree though that we're top 5 right now, but I just wanted to point out that our team's greatness is not set in stone.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

1. its his system, the right one
    2. why wouldnt they?
    3. MIGHt lose a step but will be fine
    4. duh
    5. of course
    6. i think so
    7. much better

16. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Win. I don't know how to rank them, but I do like most the usual suspects. I do feel like the Eagles will be much better than some anticipate. (kind of a gut feeling in some ways, admittedly)

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Lol, major optimism...how can you be so sure Sanchez will play like it's the playoffs? He's been rehabbing his knee all off-season, unable to practice.

18. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i agree its optimistic, however to play devils advocate here... he should have the confidence in his game from the playoffs, so that shouldn't decline. he's been watching hours of film, and been studying - according to what we've all read, which is a positive. sure he'll need time to get back into shape/form... but that is what camp/preseason is for.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

1. Colts
    2. Ravens
    3. Saints
    4. Vikings
    5. Cowboys
    6. Patriots
    7. Falcons
    8. Packers
    9. Jets
    10. Eagles

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

4. Duh?

It's a valid concern.

Between Jones-Washington-Greene and Greene-LT-McKnight, the former is definitely the stronger trio.

Greene is injury-prone, LT is injury-prone and McKnight is injury-prone. That's a concern. If we're going to ride our running backs in 2010 like we did in 2009, we're going to need a little luck when it comes to injuries.

I'm optimistic, but cautiously so. I am not optimistic that we can hit the playoffs with all three of our backs at 100%. The question is, will two of those guys be able to shoulder the load? Hopefully.